Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Another deluxe re-issue this year
Posted by: StonedInGva ()
Date: April 12, 2024 22:06

I fully agree, and the same could be done with V.L. As S.T.Erlewine wrote in his allmusic.com review : "a near-triumph of classicist rock, but since Voodoo Lounge came out in the CD age, it's padded out to 15 tracks, five of which could have been chopped to make the album much stronger".

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 12, 2024 23:04

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
ABB 20 Anniversary Deluxe Edition? winking smiley

That's an excellent idea!

And instead of adding cuts, they surprise us and remove songs; doing the edit that they should have on the original release.

well while we're at it how bout they go into a real studio and re-record the songs from abb properly

i maybe one of the few who actually really likes this album but have to agree with many that it wasn't really recorded well

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: April 12, 2024 23:20

VoodooLounge13
TumblinDice76
30th Anniversary of Voodoo. Not that they need an Anniversary year to release a special edition. BTB set could be interesting

This was my exact thought. 30 years since this masterpiece landed and tons of leftovers!!!! Bring it on baby!!!!

I would very much like to hear as extra material songs that Mick Jagger thought ought to have made this album. So, yes!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-12 23:22 by Witness.

Posted by: Irix ()

ProfessorWolf

well while we're at it how bout they go into a real studio and re-record the songs from abb properly

Nice idea .... but Charlie is missing for that.

For better sound quality of the ABB album, they could try remixing & remastering first.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-13 10:55 by Irix.

Posted by: soundboard ()

I like that re-recording angle.
Maybe the boys should pull a Taylor Swift and re-record all their albums controlled by Abkco.
Beggars Banquet Glimmer Twins Version anyone?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-12 23:22 by soundboard.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 12, 2024 23:25

I think they could use the original Charlie tracks.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 12, 2024 23:54

frankotero
I think they could use the original Charlie tracks.

my thoughts exactly

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 13, 2024 00:04

ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman

And instead of adding cuts, they surprise us and remove songs; doing the edit that they should have on the original release.

i maybe one of the few who actually really likes this album but have to agree with many that it wasn't really recorded well

I'm fine with the album but editing should have been one of their checklist items.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 13, 2024 00:57

Have no interest in anything from the first three post-Wyman albums. Black and Blue could be interesting if there are a few auditions of various guitar players included. I don't think IORR is the greatest album, but maybe it could be resurrected with a new mix. GHS is a whole new album experience when you listen to the new stereo mix. I always though the original was a mess, being very uneven. The new mix turns it into kind of a soul album.

It's a shame we can't have anything from the ABKCO period. We have no idea what exists. Is there a decent 1966/67 live tape? Something that could be gussied up with the new technologies available? They made the BBC stuff sound good, especially giving more presence to the bass.

Date: April 13, 2024 01:05

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman

LOL!

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: April 13, 2024 01:49

A1972 live deluxe .L&G enhanced sound, and compendium of the best performances of the tour,from Philadelphia, New Yorkand Charlotte.Or maybe a concert in their vaults with great sound which has never been bootlegged

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 13, 2024 02:03

DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman

LOL!
This!

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: April 13, 2024 02:07

I'm not a big fan of the albums that bracket it -- Steel Wheels and Bridges to Babylon -- but Voodoo Lounge, yes. I'd be down for a 30th anniversary deluxe remaster with outtakes from that.

(Or, if it's ABB, I'd buy that too.)

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 13, 2024 02:31

Has Beggars Banquet been revisited?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-13 20:21 by snoopy2.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 13, 2024 04:15

Rocky Dijon
Supposedly it's 1990s material with a couple tracks from the CBS years. We'll see if that's true. If it's back to the classic 1970s era, this is truly unexpected.

Interesting, because in the early stages of the "new album" that became HD, I was told that the Stones also considered some "recent outtakes, some dating back to Steel Wheels" for inclusion, so it would not suprise me if someone finally found out that things like For Your Precious Love or Still In Love amongst others are indeed worthy of an official release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-13 04:16 by retired_dog.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 13, 2024 04:38

smoking smiley

Posted by: illyad1960 ()
Date: April 13, 2024 15:28

Would like to see the complete Paris 1976 audio and video see the light of day. I understand there are some legal questions as the previous co-owner of the master tapes has died.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 13, 2024 15:47

snoopy2
Has Beggar's Banquet been revisited?

A revisit, but not exactly as one might have hoped or imagined:

[superdeluxeedition.com]

As most people are probably familiar with already the "deal" they have with ABKCO is to not fiddle with the original albums so you get new packages such as this or Let It Bleed in mono and stereo, and similarly TSMR.

Presuming there are individual songs from the era still unreleased it would be a pity if they never see the light of day because the current arrangement/impasse is not addressed or resolved. As more time goes by of course, fewer people even care.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: April 13, 2024 16:25

IORR would be the obvious choice for the 50th anniversary

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 13, 2024 17:33

I'd like Black and blue or Undercover but think, given the amount of outtakes already available, it will probably be Voodoo lounge.............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-13 17:33 by EddieByword.

Date: April 13, 2024 19:49

treaclefingers
snoopy2

[superdeluxeedition.com]

As most people are probably familiar with already the "deal" they have with ABKCO is to not fiddle with the original albums so you get new packages such as this or Let It Bleed in mono and stereo, and similarly TSMR.

Presuming there are individual songs from the era still unreleased it would be a pity if they never see the light of day because the current arrangement/impasse is not addressed or resolved. As more time goes by of course, fewer people even care.
smoking smiley

Date: April 13, 2024 19:50

smoking smiley
Bashlets
IORR would be the obvious choice for the 50th anniversary

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 13, 2024 19:56

snoopy2

It's "Beggars Banquet"

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 13, 2024 20:20

treaclefingers
snoopy2

[superdeluxeedition.com]

thanks smiling smiley yes saw this one, I was wondering more if there was other stuff from those sessions that has been rumored and/or known that hasn't come out. I am constantly being surprised by new stuff in this internet era, I still haven't listened to all the music that this site has made available!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 13, 2024 21:10

NeddieFlanders
From a marketing point of view Black And Blue deluxe would the most interesting.

When doing the promo you could tell all the tales about "The Great Guitarist Hunt", especially if you add a song with the late Jeff Beck and also there's a couple of outtakes which weren't used for any of those projects yet like Let's Do It Right, I Love Ladies, Act Together, I Got A Letter and Built This Way. And like Mathijs mentioned there's is always much more in the can than we know, for Black & Blue there's handed down songtitles like U.S. Fresh, Find Yourself, Paint Your Body, Something Good and even a Bill Wyman composition titled I'm Gonna Move, plus about half a dozen more -see nzentgraf.de - (but some might be working titles for songs we already know).

N

This! Lots of groovy known outtakes and none of the other albums have any "story" to tell for use as a marketing angle.

As for VL, Mick practically disowned it in the long 1995 Wenner/RS interview, I doubt he's changed his mind about it since. I'm surprised few people seem to remember that.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 13, 2024 21:51

Imo the late'72 outtake "English Rose" would fit just fine on an expanded B&Blue.

Mick if you read this... cool smiley

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: April 14, 2024 16:52

gotdablouse
NeddieFlanders
From a marketing point of view Black And Blue deluxe would the most interesting.

When doing the promo you could tell all the tales about "The Great Guitarist Hunt", especially if you add a song with the late Jeff Beck and also there's a couple of outtakes which weren't used for any of those projects yet like Let's Do It Right, I Love Ladies, Act Together, I Got A Letter and Built This Way. And like Mathijs mentioned there's is always much more in the can than we know, for Black & Blue there's handed down songtitles like U.S. Fresh, Find Yourself, Paint Your Body, Something Good and even a Bill Wyman composition titled I'm Gonna Move, plus about half a dozen more -see nzentgraf.de - (but some might be working titles for songs we already know).

N

This! Lots of groovy known outtakes and none of the other albums have any "story" to tell for use as a marketing angle.

As for VL, Mick practically disowned it in the long 1995 Wenner/RS interview, I doubt he's changed his mind about it since. I'm surprised few people seem to remember that.

What did he say?? I would love to read tha interview

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 14, 2024 18:30

dedospegajosos

What did he say?? I would love to read tha interview

14-Dec-1995 - "Mick Jagger Remembers: Jann S. Wenner Interviews Stones Frontman" - [www.RollingStone.com] .

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: April 14, 2024 19:44

A remix of the vastly underrated IORR would be welcome. Something to bring air and openness to that stuffy sounding record. Also, there are other Guy Peelhardt portraits of the Stones that could be used on a “part 2.”

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: April 14, 2024 20:35

rbk
A remix of the vastly underrated IORR would be welcome. Something to bring air and openness to that stuffy sounding record. Also, there are other Guy Peelhardt portraits of the Stones that could be used on a “part 2.”
When you isolate the instruments, especially the guitars they sound very distant and not clear.The clarity goes on and out.Maybe a remix would help

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1488
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home