Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Another deluxe re-issue this year
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: April 12, 2024 02:56

It looks like there will be another deluxe re-edition this year, the album is not known yet but Mick has been working on several outtakes in the past months.

40x5 has been handling the same information for weeks and already published it on their Instagram account several weeks ago.

We can only wait for more information.

Re: Another deluxe re-issue this year
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 12, 2024 03:49

IORR, Black and Blue or Emotional Rescue?

I can't imagine it's anything after that, though I'd love an Undercover Superdeluxe, and probably nothing from the 60s.

They're releasing material like the house is on fire. Fantastic 15 years or so of releases, and presumably another album of new material by 2025.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 12, 2024 03:55

smoking smiley

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: April 12, 2024 04:19

mariano
smoking smiley
Since they don’t own the rights to the 1960s songs, I’d say it is most likely Emotional Rescue.There are no outtakes from IORR and Blackn Blue left over from earlier releases.Personally I’d like Bridges to Babylon deluxe, although the album was released only more thana quarter of a century ago

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-12 04:23 by Taylor1.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 12, 2024 04:50

Supposedly it's 1990s material with a couple tracks from the CBS years. We'll see if that's true. If it's back to the classic 1970s era, this is truly unexpected.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 12, 2024 04:55

30th Anniversary of Voodoo. Not that they need an Anniversary year to release a special edition. BTB set could be interesting

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 12, 2024 08:10

TumblinDice76
30th Anniversary of Voodoo. Not that they need an Anniversary year to release a special edition. BTB set could be interesting

This was my exact thought. 30 years since this masterpiece landed and tons of leftovers!!!! Bring it on baby!!!!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 12, 2024 08:12

this could be a really refreshing change from the last decade and a half of mick's deluxe stones album projects

don't get me wrong i appreciate and enjoy them but mick welding on new vocals to 40-50 year old outtakes is often more then a little jarring even if i do get use to them after awhile

but doing the same to outtakes from the 90's would be much less jarring as mick's voice hasn't changed nearly as much nor keith's voice or his guitar playing for that matter

and hopefully that should lead to a more cohesive sounding album then the other deluxe albums

really looking forward to this one whether it be a deluxe voodoo, babylon or some kind of combination of the two

boy a new album, a tour, new deluxe album and another original studio album on the horizon they really are spoiling us aren't theywinking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 12, 2024 09:26

maybe its another Hack job .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: April 12, 2024 10:36

Voodoo Stew, Voodoo Brew and Voodoo Residue are high quality boots with lots of good tracks from the Voodoo Lounge era. Maybe ...

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 12, 2024 10:42

Even though folks feel there'd be a dearth of viable extras, I'd still love to get a reworking of IORR...with a sympathetic and skilled remaster to do it more justice.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 12, 2024 10:54

I'd like a Hackney Diamonds Deluxe...

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 12, 2024 11:02

...well I would love a Hackney Diamonds remaster from Abbey Road by Miles Showell in the not too distant future.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 12, 2024 11:12

Taylor1
mariano
smoking smiley
There are no outtakes from IORR and Blackn Blue left over from earlier releases.

Judging the piles and rows of tapes seen in the Stones vault, we only know of 25% of all that exists.

Mathijs

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: April 12, 2024 11:27

TumblinDice76

Had the same thought when reading the title, 30th Anniversary of VL. The album sold very well, over 6 million I think? There is real scope there for a quality deluxe reissue - the known outtakes that were on the Brew/Stew/Residue, and some of those were surely worked on for the proposed 'Memory Motel' release in 1999.

Scope also for DVD with the set - we have plenty of VL released officially, but perhaps one of those South American shows.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 12, 2024 12:07

Voodoo Lounge makes sense – for a wider audience but not for us (since tons of alternates, outtakes, backing tracks, etc. are circulating)

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: April 12, 2024 13:45

We're not done with the 1970s yet! So, let's hope Black and Blue or IORR!! thumbs up

Posted by: mike567 ()
Date: April 12, 2024 14:07

Great news. Looking forward to it, whatever album or period is covered.

There are still these titles of B2B songs out there that haven't yet leaked (High or Low, Ever-changing World...) and I really love the ones we got over the last years from Desperate Man, Sanctuary, Prairie Love to I Don't Need You Anymore. Really would love to get to hear more from those sessions.

And as already mentioned, we probably only know about a fraction of what's still in the vaults (even for the widely bootlegged Voodoo Lounge)

Black and Blue would be cool too and also provide a good story around it for promotion with all the guitarists tried out during the sessions.
I would love to hear more stuff with Wayne Perkins, if there is more in the vaults. I'm still listening on a regular basis to Built That Way since it came out on that Fully Finished Bootleg three years ago.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 12, 2024 14:20

Imho :

VL has been bootlegged to death.
B2B is too "recent".
ER would sound too close to a SG reissue (plus is there material worth releasing from that era left?)

That would leave us with IORR or B&Blue. The problem with a potential IORR reissue is Jagger already used two 1974 strong outtakes "Living in the Heart of Love" and "Fast Talking, Slow Walking" for the TY expanded re-release.

So... expect a 2-cd "Black And Blue"? With "Act together" on cd2?

Date: April 12, 2024 15:01

ABB 20 Anniversary Deluxe Edition? winking smiley

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 12, 2024 15:10

Maybe he's working on the 70% finished follow-up to Hackney Diamonds?

Posted by: Jalfstra ()
Date: April 12, 2024 16:11

Steel Wheels or Voodoo Lounge please! I'd love that.

I think the best outtakes of both IORR and B&B ended up on Tattoo You, GHS deluxe and Tatttoo You Deluxe. Not of lot of nearly finished material left there.

Dirty Work and Undercover are among the fans'three least favorite Stones albums, so a 'Deluxe' edition would not really make sense. Even the songs that made the album are among the weakest they ever released. So why would people be that interested in the leftovers?

BtB and ABB I think are too recent for this kind of treatment. Emotional Rescue would be a good contender too I think. And what about a mixed bag of leftovers from multiple sessions?

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: April 12, 2024 16:40

A Dirty Work deluxe would be an enormous challenge!
A lot of studio time Mick was not available, working on solo projects. So it would be
some sort of Dirty Barbarians kind of issue.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: April 12, 2024 17:24

From a marketing point of view Black And Blue deluxe would the most interesting.

When doing the promo you could tell all the tales about "The Great Guitarist Hunt", especially if you add a song with the late Jeff Beck and also there's a couple of outtakes which weren't used for any of those projects yet like Let's Do It Right, I Love Ladies, Act Together, I Got A Letter and Built This Way. And like Mathijs mentioned there's is always much more in the can than we know, for Black & Blue there's handed down songtitles like U.S. Fresh, Find Yourself, Paint Your Body, Something Good and even a Bill Wyman composition titled I'm Gonna Move, plus about half a dozen more -see nzentgraf.de - (but some might be working titles for songs we already know).

N

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: April 12, 2024 17:32

IrelandCalling4
TumblinDice76

Had the same thought when reading the title, 30th Anniversary of VL. The album sold very well, over 6 million I think? There is real scope there for a quality deluxe reissue - the known outtakes that were on the Brew/Stew/Residue, and some of those were surely worked on for the proposed 'Memory Motel' release in 1999.

Scope also for DVD with the set - we have plenty of VL released officially, but perhaps one of those South American shows.

Voodoo Lounge was a solid record... I'd love to hear more

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: April 12, 2024 19:59

I hope they release "I cant see no one else"!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-12 20:10 by dedospegajosos.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 12, 2024 21:06

dcba
Imho :

VL has been bootlegged to death.
B2B is too "recent".
ER would sound too close to a SG reissue (plus is there material worth releasing from that era left?)

That would leave us with IORR or B&Blue. The problem with a potential IORR reissue is Jagger already used two 1974 strong outtakes "Living in the Heart of Love" and "Fast Talking, Slow Walking" for the TY expanded re-release.

So... expect a 2-cd "Black And Blue"? With "Act together" on cd2?

oh yes there's lots of material from the sessions from er plus good stuff from the some girls sessions still left which i'm gonna count as er sessions since several er songs started there

munich hilton/can't find love/not the way to go/jah is not dead/it won't be long/what's the matter/yor angle steps out of heaven/my first plea/what gives you the right/one night/los trios guitaros/brown leaves/stay where you are/broken head blues/guitar lesson/linda lu/gangster's moll/after hours

and those are just the ones i can think of off the top of my head

and you might as well throw some of keith's toronto recordings in there as well for consideration

and for the live show bonus disc just a suggestion but one of keith's concerts for the blind would be nice or a comination of both

Date: April 12, 2024 21:32

If Mick finishes Never Too Into from the ER sessions I'll be happy.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 12, 2024 21:39

DandelionPowderman
If Mick finishes Never Too Into from the ER sessions I'll be happy.

That is the key factor imo : Mick has to be presented with a rather fully finished outtake that is strong enough to have the potential to become a single in 2024.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 12, 2024 21:49

DandelionPowderman
ABB 20 Anniversary Deluxe Edition? winking smiley

That's an excellent idea!

And instead of adding cuts, they surprise us and remove songs; doing the edit that they should have on the original release.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2088
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home