Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: With a Strat You Can Rule The World
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 11, 2024 18:53

Sweet read on the Fender Stratocaster. I have one, along with two Telecasters, along with two made in Japan Sigma by Martin acoustics. Much as I love the Tele, I'd recommend to anyone to get a Strat as your first electric guitar and learn to make love with that middle pickup and tone knob.

[www.theguardian.com]

Re: OT: With a Strat You Can Rule The World
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 12, 2024 10:37

Ridiculous that Leo and his inspired collaborators came up with both the Tele and the Strat 70 and nearly 75 years ago...and that both, with original vintage spec, are still just as usable today as they were back then.

I know we guitar players can be a bunch of conservative luddites ...but even so

[ almost the greatest thing about Fender guitars for me is that, due to the enlightened construction techniques and the use of affordable tonewoods, you can make and sell great Strats and Tele's for not a lot of money.

If folks want or can afford to pay Custom Shop prices...that's great...but you don't have to.
With the patience to try a few lower range examples, you can find one as good as it gets ]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-12 10:58 by Spud.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 12, 2024 11:14

Spud
Ridiculous that Leo and his inspired collaborators came up with both the Tele and the Strat 70 and nearly 75 years ago...

Even more amazing is that Leo Fender did not play guitar or any other instrument, and got it right just about in one go.

Mathijs

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 12, 2024 11:26

That's because he was good at listening to folks who did play...and who knew what they were talking about.

Date: April 12, 2024 14:42

IMHO the best reason to play a Strat is because they are versatile and recognisable -sound wise- because all the well known guitarists played them.
When it comes to stability -tuning pegs, whammy bar,bridge etc, it needs adjustment. Best example is the late Jeff Beck. In fact Strats are a nostalgia model, and when you have a good old one in mint condition, it's a very good investment. Apart from that -to me- Strats in original state are nothing special besides the variety of sound, and they look nice of course. There are better guitars for sale in the guitar shops.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2023
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home