Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why not this set?
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 7, 2005 20:58

Mother's Little Helper
Under My Thumb
Just My Imagination
Almost Hear You Sigh
If You Can't Rock Me
Star, Star
It Won't Take Long
She Saw Me Coming
Hang Fire
Torn And Frayed
Stray Cat Blues
Little T & A

Acoutsic Set on B-stage:

Winter
Let It Bleed
Lady Jane
Play With Fire

Start Me Up
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Brown Sugar
Time Waits For No One

Encores:

Honky Tonk Women

Just Mick and Keith:

Till The Next Goodbye

22 songs, enough warhorses for the unknowing people, enough well known songs for the average Joe, enough obscurities for us!

Re: Why not this set?
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 7, 2005 21:00

why not? because the warhorse advocates would go on strike....

Posted by: orange cow ()
Date: December 7, 2005 21:04

only 4 people in the arena would know all the songs
and Ronnie could never play Time Waits For No One like Taylor

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: December 7, 2005 23:28

Why does everyone in the arena have to know all the songs? They're in the presence of the Rolling Stones. Isn't the reason to pay all that money to learn something that you don't already know? To have your mind blown in some way?

One added point:

I was walking out of Roseland in '02 when a guy who looked to be in his mid-fifties asked aloud:

"'Got to scrape the shit right off my shoes'--what the hell was that?" I told which album to buy and I saw him in Times Square about thirty minutes later picking up "Exile" at the Virgin store.

On the basis of that discovery, I'd say that he really, really got his money's worth out of his Stones ticket. So raise a glass to the "album tracks"...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-08 00:25 by Rev. Robert W..

Date: December 8, 2005 01:11

Rev. Robert W. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "'Got to scrape the shit right off my shoes'--what
> the hell was that?" I told which album to buy and
> I saw him in Times Square about thirty minutes
> later picking up "Exile" at the Virgin store.

I bet you already own your Stones so what the Hell did YOU do at this time at the Virgin store?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 8, 2005 01:27

but the Reverand makes an excellent point - one to which I reiterated in another thread. an argument that is so obvious that it gets overlooked when discussing why the static/warhorse setlist is a bad deal:

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE IF SOME/MANY/MOST FANS DON'T KNOW SOME/MANY/MOST OF THE SONGS? If the damned songs are any good (and there are waaaaaaay more than 44 that qualify as good) then fans will enjoy the show.

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: December 8, 2005 01:32

Picked up a special "Forty Licks" litho along with my copy of the album which was officially released about thirty minutes after Roseland let out...

But the larger question (if I understand it) of whether I have any business flushing any more money on the Rolling Stones? It's a dilemma. And even more so these days.

Posted by: kuenzer ()
Date: December 8, 2005 08:25

I fear the point is more what the Stones want to play, less so what the crowd
wants to hear. Practising? Ah no. Better we play Brown Sugar before Satisfaction this
evening, that's enough variety

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: December 8, 2005 09:03

In a situation like this our moderator bv would point out that - "complaining about setlists is the first sign of the fact that you're getting too old to
rock'n'roll or that you're simply bored with your life". Then bv would continue saying - "You just wasted a minute of your life writing that, 'cause there's nothing you can do about the setlist whatsoever". For myself I'd declare that maybe the Stones better stay to the warhorses since they obviously know how to perform them in a proper way. I can't imagine Ronnie playing Time waits and Winter. He already fĂșcked up Sway, have ya all forgotten about that debacle? The excitement will not be gems from the back catalouge, but rather whether the the show closer will be Satisfaction or Brown Sugar.........

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 8, 2005 15:25

Dylan, Bruce, etc. don't mind digging into the catalog... even playing unreleased stuff. Bruce played "Rendevous" (sp?) for years before it was released.

Posted by: orange cow ()
Date: December 8, 2005 18:23

The Stones are now a corperation like Coca-Cola. They are appealing to the masses. And the masses don't want anything different than Satisfaction and Start Me Up. They rely on thier past, people come to see them for thier past. They release a new record cuz they signed a contract that calls for one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2418
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home