Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 22 of 25
Re: Rehearsals for the Stones 2024 Tour
Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: April 23, 2024 14:55

wow!!thanks for explaination

Date: April 23, 2024 15:17

Sounds like Keith was playing through a Leslie? So that sound wasn't the third keyboard smiling smiley

Date: April 23, 2024 15:23

I also got an LA rehearsal recording of Monky Man. If people are interested "ll give it a boost.

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: April 23, 2024 15:31

TheflyingDutchman
I also got an LA rehearsal recording of Monky Man. If people are interested "ll give it a boost.

Yes i am , Please !!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 23, 2024 15:33

Hopefully one day there will be an official release of rehearsals. I think there’s a lot of potential with this different way of seeing and hearing them, unpolished. I believe this would showcase their true rock and roll spirit.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: April 23, 2024 15:41

5strings
TheflyingDutchman

Yes i am , Please !!

Would be awesome!

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: April 23, 2024 15:45

Yes, Monkey Man would be Great. hot smiley

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: April 23, 2024 15:49

I would love a high quality live session of the new songs. Kinda like "Stripped".

Btw which songs of HD did not get rehearsed?

Date: April 23, 2024 15:54

dedospegajosos
I would love a high quality live session of the new songs. Kinda like "Stripped".

Rolling Stone Blues and Driving Me Too Hard. Some of them played Get Close, but not the whole band, methinks.

Date: April 23, 2024 16:03

DandelionPowderman
dedospegajosos

Rolling Stone Blues and Driving Me Too Hard. Some of them played Get Close, but not the whole band, methinks.

Damn! I was hoping to hear Get Close, my favorite. DMTH is understandable I guess, Icant imagine Mick being very fond of that one..I hope they do Depending On You, with that beautiful Ronnie solo..

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: April 23, 2024 16:04

TheflyingDutchman
. Oh yes i will love that ! amerigeau@yahoo.fr

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: April 23, 2024 16:13

AntoineParis
TheflyingDutchman
. Oh yes i will love that ! [email protected]

My email stassione@free.fr
Thanks.

Posted by: Martin90 ()
Date: April 23, 2024 16:39

TheflyingDutchman
Would be great! I'm in! my email martin.gianini@outlook.com

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: April 23, 2024 18:14

I'm would be very happy if you send Monkey Man to my mail:

sway1971@freenet.de

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: April 23, 2024 18:19

I'm would be very happy if you send Monkey Man to my mail:

marc.lafferayrie@aol.com

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: April 23, 2024 18:22

Would love MM too:

dwhitman0906@gmail.com

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 23, 2024 18:22

dedospegajosos
DandelionPowderman
dedospegajosos

Damn! I was hoping to hear Get Close, my favorite. DMTH is understandable I guess, Icant imagine Mick being very fond of that one..I hope they do Depending On You, with that beautiful Ronnie solo..

That would be a shame if they didn't play that at some point this tour.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 23, 2024 18:25

Halup
You Got Me Rocking is missing on your list. There was also an additional song heard by a couple of people that could not be identified.

Let's hope it stays that way.

Holy crap, there's no need for such trash to be played live at this point (yeah yeah, they could drop the overcooked SFTD etc but that will never happen).

Date: April 23, 2024 18:29

keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
Stonesfan2146
They are really mixing it up this time! Wow!!
First tour since 2007 with no Honky Tonk Woman before introductions and omitted Midnight Rambler, probably in favor of Sweet Sounds Of Heaven.

Speechless, Midnight Rambler is clearly the highlight of almost every show, i doubt its dropped for the reason of including a new track in its place, more likely Rambler is just too demanding physically for Mick now.

That's ridiculous.

Also, it's not played at even "almost every show" - not in 1978, 1981, 1982, 1994, 1997 and 1998.

It's not ridiculous, Rambler has been the highlight of the shows for the past 25 years, it brings out the best in Ronnie who has been brilliant with the exception of the last tour, but I'm sure Ronnie will be great again on Rambler if it's played.
Mick absolutely shines on Rambler and his energy output on this number is nothing short of spectacular but perhaps at 80 it's a little too demanding.

At 80, it seems like it's time for Keith to stop playing such aggressive chordal phrasings. He had issues with Gimme Shelter in 2019, when he was 76, so something long and demanding as Midnight Rambler should be retired.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 23, 2024 18:32

GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
Stonesfan2146
First tour since 2007 with no Honky Tonk Woman before introductions and omitted Midnight Rambler, probably in favor of Sweet Sounds Of Heaven.

Speechless, Midnight Rambler is clearly the highlight of almost every show, i doubt its dropped for the reason of including a new track in its place, more likely Rambler is just too demanding physically for Mick now.

That's ridiculous.

Also, it's not played at even "almost every show" - not in 1978, 1981, 1982, 1994, 1997 and 1998.

It's not ridiculous, Rambler has been the highlight of the shows for the past 25 years, it brings out the best in Ronnie who has been brilliant with the exception of the last tour, but I'm sure Ronnie will be great again on Rambler if it's played.
Mick absolutely shines on Rambler and his energy output on this number is nothing short of spectacular but perhaps at 80 it's a little too demanding.

At 80, it seems like it's time for Keith to stop playing such aggressive chordal phrasings. He had issues with Gimme Shelter in 2019, when he was 76, so something long and demanding as Midnight Rambler should be retired.

lol

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 23, 2024 18:37

TheflyingDutchman

@gmail.com

Thanks!!!smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-27 03:04 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: April 23, 2024 18:41

TheflyingDutchman
Please, send it to me.
Thank you kindly

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-25 16:56 by spunky.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 23, 2024 18:48

StonedRambler
bauk77
ok, that makes sense. i am always wondering how on earth such recordings get to the public :-)

It's an IEM recording - maybe the IEM mix of the keyboarders. Therefore it's mostly keys.

They are using analog Shure In Ear Systems.If you buy one of their receivers and figure out the right frequencies that the Stones are using you can (in theory) tap off the signal.

In reality it's probably a bit more complex than that but that's basically how it works.

That's also how all the circulating In Ear recording of the shows come from. Some dude in the parking lot with an in ear receiver recording the signal.

This..... Adding some detail below. I don't do this myself (too much work to do it right and I prefer to do one thing well) but know quite a few who do.

Most bands change frequencies each show so it's a long day from start to finish potentially risking arrest or security hassles (many years ago a friend got to stay at that 5 star hotel also known as Riker's Island for a night). Generally multiple receivers are needed since each musician has their own feed, a multitrack recorder so all this costs money in addition to the time. Then there is the need to mix the multiple tracks down to a single stereo track. This requires some skills as its more art than science. Not a trivial exercise and more skills required than our site remasterbater who appears every tour. (we all know who he is). Once this recording is completed and shared it ends up for sale within days which means most of these never see the light of day.

Date: April 23, 2024 19:12

slewan
MadMetaphoricalMax
Love that drum pattern Steve is racking out for Sympathy!

sounds much better than the prerecorded stuff they used on previous tours

None of that was prerecorded - it was all samples from the song. They had the cowbell intro for HTW available in three keys if they wanted. They went decades without ever playing HTW with a cowbell. Ridiculous to bother from 1989 onward.

Date: April 23, 2024 19:18

I wonder what the stage is looking like..

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 23, 2024 19:23

GasLightStreet
slewan
MadMetaphoricalMax
Love that drum pattern Steve is racking out for Sympathy!

sounds much better than the prerecorded stuff they used on previous tours

None of that was prerecorded - it was all samples from the song. (…)

Read Dean Goodman's review (4th paragraph) => [iorr.org]

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: April 23, 2024 19:26

Date: April 23, 2024 19:31

dedospegajosos
DandelionPowderman
dedospegajosos

Dammit. I was hoping they'd do Driving - it's a snarly song. Depending On You - where are the people that love to say such and such is too slow for a stadium etc? Yet no one leaves for Fool To Cry or Angie... but I think that Depending On You is way too slow for a stadium and TJMHO IMHO because IMO and, you know, it's, like, too slow.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 23, 2024 19:32

This is beyond phenomenal, listening to these rehearsals, the energy and power, don't the Stones know they are 80, did anyone tell them they can't do this at 80 because it's not possible. But there they are, still doing what they do smoking smiley

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 23, 2024 19:36

GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
GasLightStreet
keefriffhards
Stonesfan2146

That's ridiculous.

Now that is ridiculous and I'm guessing you know it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 22 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1430
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home