Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 25
Re: Rehearsals for the Stones 2024 Tour
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: April 19, 2024 17:20

*Deleted [double post]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-19 17:22 by RisingStone.

Rehearsals for the Stones 2024 Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 19, 2024 17:47

Exclusive: Rolling Stones US tour set to feature iconic popstar after setlist leak

Avid Rolling Stones fans have spread the word that Lady Gaga could be featuring on their US tour after finding the rehearsal location where they heard the band play Sweet Sounds of Heaven - a track featuring the iconic popstar

By Laura Armstrong
18 Apr 2024

The Rolling Stones’ US tour setlist has leaked and hints that Lady Gaga will join them on stage.

Their army of diehard fans discovered the band’s rehearsal location and heard them play Sweet Sounds of Heaven, a track featuring Lady Gaga. This has fuelled rumours she will join them for a duet when they play two dates in Los Angeles in July.

Sir Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood kick off their sold-out Hackney Diamonds Tour on April 28 at the NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas. This week they were polishing songs at a venue in Burbank, LA.

The high-octane rehearsal included nine of the 12 tracks from the latest album, though sources say that only four or five will be performed per night. Mess It Up, Depending on You, Bite My Head Off and Tell Me Straight – with a blistering solo from Keith, 80 – will all feature during the tour.

The group have also been rehearsing rarely heard songs such as Sad Sad Sad, as well as ballads Angie, She’s A Rainbow, Sweet Black Angel and Let It Bleed. Meanwhile, uptempo favourites Start Me Up, Sympathy for the Devil, Jumpin’ Jack Flash, Honky Tonk Women, Street Fighting Man, Paint it Black and Gimme Shelter are likely to be highlights during the 19-date tour.

But Brown Sugar, which the band ditched in 2021 after controversy over lyrics referring to slavery, remains off the list. One fan outside the Burbank rehearsal space said: “From what we’ve heard this week, these gigs will be ­absolutely magic and people should be begging, borrowing or stealing tickets.

“As well as all the Hackney Diamonds hits and their classics, it’s very likely they will perform some songs for the last time live. Opening night in Houston is going to be a real party and people will be talking about seeing the Stones there for a very long time.”

The tour – which takes in stadiums in cities such as Las Vegas, Seattle and Cleveland and winds up on July 17 – marks the 60th anniversary of the band’s first US tour in 1964. And in a comic nod to their ages, it is sponsored by AARP – the American Association of Retired Persons.

Among other songs they have been rehearsing are Get Off My Cloud, Like A Rolling Stone, Beast of Burden, Emo­­tional Rescue, Fool to Cry, Midnight Rambler, Tumbling Dice and Shattered.

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 19, 2024 17:50

Except Burbank is not where they have been rehearsing.

Date: April 19, 2024 17:56

Looks like the Austrians have been reading IORR as well:

[www.oe24.at]

Posted by: RG ()
Date: April 19, 2024 17:57

Laura Armstrong is watchin’ us on IORR cool smiley

Posted by: RG ()
Date: April 19, 2024 18:02

Topi
Looks like the Austrians have been reading IORR as well:

[www.oe24.at]

So we have to go to Austria next year.. winking smiley

Date: April 19, 2024 18:05

Done deal. winking smiley

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 19, 2024 18:45

Topi
Mess It Up is a fitting bathroom break song when you think about it! grinning smiley

Since there are enough people here who call "Miss You" the bathroom break of the show and sincerely mean that, I hope they won't be treating "mess it up" the same

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 19, 2024 18:49

StonedRambler
RisingStone
So you are already there.
Passion and enthusiasm…indeed.

YCAGWYW rehearsed, after all.
Hopefully the new setlist won’t be another warhorsefest (I’m not holding my breath, though).

It all depends on the audience. If they play those five songs from HD in Houston and they are well received they will continue playing them and also try other songs from the album.

If people go to the toilets duing Mess it up and start talking during Sweet Sounds of Heaven, they will cut the Hackney Diamonds songs till just 1-2 are left.

The choice is yours.

If the past (say since 1989) is anything to go by we know how that's going to go unfortunately. At the end of the day you get the concert attendees you "deserve"...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 19, 2024 18:57

“The group have also been rehearsing rarely heard songs such as Sad Sad Sad, as well as ballads Angie, She’s A Rainbow, Sweet Black Angel and Let It Bleed. Meanwhile, uptempo favourites Start Me Up, Sympathy for the Devil, Jumpin’ Jack Flash, Honky Tonk Women, Street Fighting Man, Paint it Black and Gimme Shelter are likely to be highlights during the 19-date tour.”

I find it hard to believe they rehearsed SBA.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 19, 2024 18:59

makemeburnthecandle
“The group have also been rehearsing rarely heard songs such as Sad Sad Sad, as well as ballads Angie, She’s A Rainbow, Sweet Black Angel and Let It Bleed. Meanwhile, uptempo favourites Start Me Up, Sympathy for the Devil, Jumpin’ Jack Flash, Honky Tonk Women, Street Fighting Man, Paint it Black and Gimme Shelter are likely to be highlights during the 19-date tour.”

Almost impossible to believe.

Date: April 19, 2024 19:10

They just wrote that to mess with our minds.

Date: April 19, 2024 19:37

All Down the Line rehearsal sounded remarkably powerful given their age.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 19, 2024 19:54

TheflyingDutchman
All Down the Line rehearsal sounded remarkably powerful given their age.

Love that song! Hoping for it (or ER, She's So Cold, Sad x3) in Atlanta.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: April 19, 2024 21:20

makemeburnthecandle

There was an earlier reference to Sweet Virginia, so I’m guessing SBA is a mistake.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 19, 2024 22:24

The trucks have arrived.

Bjornulf

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: April 19, 2024 22:47

great updates

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: April 19, 2024 22:48

thanks for the report BV

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 19, 2024 23:35

makemeburnthecandle

Why?

EDIT: Ohh.. I see.. Sweet Black Angel you mean.. seems unlikely

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-19 23:36 by NilsHolgersson.

Posted by: ARB ()
Date: April 19, 2024 23:56

I was planning to come out on Monday to hear them with the hopes they'd be leaving after that.

BV - if the trucks are there, is it safe to assume they're headed to Texas this weekend?

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: April 20, 2024 02:26

I hope OOT is a rotation song. Was really hoping they'd dust off MLH. It sounded so good in 2022.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: April 20, 2024 03:11

Some of Keiths ballads are the real piss break songs,always.Same with Miss You

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: April 20, 2024 03:23

Won’t be long now until we hear some YouTube videos of them soundchecking/rehearsing!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 20, 2024 06:48

Topi
They just wrote that to mess with our minds.

Poorly written. Just like like the Keith Richards top 20 singers... someone says WRITE THIS and it's just garbage aka click bait.

I want to write something about the Stones, completely false (the SUCKING IN THE SEVENTIES, UNDERCOVER and DIRTY WORK tours were a great success) yet based in truth (they recorded, they released, etc), and see what happens.

Because a lot of people believe anything without fact checking/researching (ie they ask within a FB post about something instead of Googling it - and no one responds!).

Date: April 20, 2024 07:12

Very cool setlist tonight smileys with beer

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-20 07:13 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: April 20, 2024 07:41

DiegoGlimmerStones

[www.facebook.com]

Looks like a near definitive, run through version.
The selections from HD — Angry, WWW, TMS and SSOH — are exactly the same as my prediction.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 20, 2024 07:48

RisingStone

Looks like a near definitive, run through version.
The selections from HD — Angry, WWW, TMS and SSOH — are exactly the same as my prediction.

Agreed!

They go offstage after Jumping Jack Flash, and then regroup and come back on with whoever the guest is to sing on Sweet Sounds of Heaven.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: April 20, 2024 08:19

One glaring omission from this setlist is Midnight Rambler but I'm confident it will reappear at various times.

I wonder too about Ghost Town - do you think this one will be retired now?

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: April 20, 2024 09:28

DiegoGlimmerStones

[www.facebook.com]

This is a setlist to dream of! Enjoy it and have fun boys and girls!
How much I would love to go!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 20, 2024 09:42

Will be the best show ever !

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home