Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 25
Re: Rehearsals for the Stones 2024 Tour
Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: April 15, 2024 23:42

not much wiggle room in the set list...

we know we are getting a few new tracks:

Angry
Sweeet Sound of Heaven (so Chanel Hayes can do her thing)--and i wouldn't be surprised if Lady Gaga hops on stage for one of the NY shows.
And maybe an alternation of Bite My Head Off and Mess It Up (both sound like they were mean to be sung live)

we'll get our usual stretch run of the classics after Keith...

Keith will do Tell Me Straight first and then one of his rockers (from the above it seems like it'll be Little T&A)

and then they'll decide which front end hits to do (Tumbling Dice/Miss You/Shattered/Its only Rock and Roll etc)

as for the other slots, I'd LOVE to get something i haven't heard live before: Child of the Moon...Dance Little Sister...Have you Seen your Mother.

And while id love some deep dives there is no way ill get it, but how great would it be to hear Memo From Turner or Yellow Cab (now known as Do you Really think I care?).

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: April 15, 2024 23:51

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Found this on FB

Listened to rehearsal past Friday and this is what they have played. Might be missing one song in the end.
SPOILER:
———————————————
- Let It Bleed
- Under My Thumb x 2
- Gimmie Shelter incl. intro multiple times
- Mess it Up x 3
- She’s a Rainbow
- Heatbreaker
- Bite My Head Off x 2
- Sweet Virginia
- Angie
- Little T&A

Hubba Hubba! T&A! T&A + Tell Me Straight would be a great combo for this tour.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: April 16, 2024 02:10

Re: All the casual fans
Date: June 2, 2022 20:52

Personally I’d be curious what it would be like if they start the show with Gimme Shelter. It doesn’t work, the opener should be fast tempo and go with a bang, you may say? Basically yes — however, as an attempt to deviate from the norm, it might be interesting to see the band gradually building up the heat and then going into the full throttle mode. The song’s theme also chimes with the ongoing state of things beyond the east of Europe.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: April 16, 2024 02:14

It might work, it's a very well known song (TOP4 in spotify streams) so I see why they chose that one. It also can have some great graphics and with Chanel singing the middle verse I can see why they chose to open with it. I think it will be a great opener. Probably followed by a fast song like Start Me Up.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: April 16, 2024 06:27

Ever since Licks they’ve had trouble figuring out an opener. You can tell Mick doesn’t just want to use SMU/JJF/BS over and over, but when they try other stuff, they retreat back to safety after a few shows.

Sympathy looked like a cool opener from the clips online, it just hit the skids when they got further north and it was done in daylight.

Posted by: BlueLands ()
Date: April 16, 2024 08:28

Thanks for the updates!

I've been suggesting Gimme Shelter as the opening number for a few years now. Its perfect! What's not to like about a long, creepy, apocalyptic intro? I'd also be down for Sympathy as the opening slot as well.

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: April 16, 2024 08:58

tommycharles
Ever since Licks they’ve had trouble figuring out an opener. You can tell Mick doesn’t just want to use SMU/JJF/BS over and over, but when they try other stuff, they retreat back to safety after a few shows.

Sympathy looked like a cool opener from the clips online, it just hit the skids when they got further north and it was done in daylight.

Totally correct, at least for the first part. Sympathy didn't work for me, there's something off kicking off a Stones gig with a sampled loop (not to mention the daylight!).

Last great original opener was Not Fade Away in my opnion - something not so obvious but still getting the audience into the groove. Hard to guess what they could use now on this stage. Maybe just straight Angry?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 16, 2024 09:46

There were some fans outside the rehearsal space again yesterday, listening in.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 16, 2024 10:07

If it can be heard from outside , I'm surprised we haven't seen more list by now ?

sc uk

Date: April 16, 2024 10:11

People may be reluctant to share the lists online for whatever reason.

But yes, it can be heard from outside, I've heard a couple of audio snippets someone there sent me.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 16, 2024 10:54

Angry would be a good opener indeed without too many risks of a "scarfgate" unlike GS on which Keith has been struggling since (at least) 2012.

That probably means Mick wouldn't pick up a guitar to beef up the sound (as was hoped after the "thin" Racket version) though as that would prevent him from working the stage from the get go...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 16, 2024 11:06

marclaff
Quoted - Gimmie Shelter incl. intro multiple times

GS as openning song ?

The "intro" here obviously means the Gimme Shelter intro. Since Chanel Haynes is new, it's no wonder they are going over that song - and its intro - multiple times.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: April 16, 2024 12:01

Topi quoted : The "intro" here obviously means the Gimme Shelter intro. Since Chanel Haynes is new, it's no wonder they are going over that song - and its intro - multiple times.

You are probably right but :
- Chanel did it on stage once in 22
- Singing OOh OOH on a guitar intro isn't a big deal for her
- She would do "her thing with Mick" on Sweet Sounds of heaven
- In the past (when the Stones repeated an intro) it was to work for some new pyrotechnics or new screen...

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 16, 2024 12:09

Asside from Chanel being "new" , the GS intro maybe needed some thought & attention anyway.

Sometimes it's great ..but on other occasions a bit too shambolic...

Date: April 16, 2024 12:10

The person who posted "intro" meant the Gimme Shelter intro, not pyrotechnics or video screens.

They don't work on the pyro (they no longer even have pyro, do they?) or the screens at studio rehearsals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-16 12:11 by Topi.

Date: April 16, 2024 12:12

As far as Sweet Sounds of Heaven goes, that song has been rehearsed as well.

Date: April 16, 2024 12:56

It would appear the only songs out of Hackney Diamonds they haven't rehearsed are Rollin' Stone Blues and Driving Me Too Hard. This is TBC.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 16, 2024 13:55

RS Blues on stools with only M and K in a single spotlight to open the show. Please!

JumpingKentFlash

Date: April 16, 2024 13:59

JumpingKentFlash
RS Blues on stools with only M and K in a single spotlight to open the show. Please!

I can see this..

After that; lights out and a big rocker blasting.

Won't happen though.

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: April 16, 2024 14:26

Topi

But yes, it can be heard from outside, I've heard a couple of audio snippets someone there sent me.

Eventually , can we have some of your snippets ?

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: April 16, 2024 14:28

Managed to listen to one rehearsal last week as I was in town just for few days and had free afternoon. If there was no for traffic on the nearby street, you could hear it really clear through the walls and holes. It was unforgettable experience to listen to your favorite band practicing for over 2.5 hours for another hugely successful tour.

Few remarks:

- Chanel sounds really strong on Gimme Shelter, I think it's her astonishing Milan performance and dedication (she was fired from "Tina" musical for missing the night while performing with the Stones) that got her the job. Fingers crossed for her!

- Steve is on fire and his drumming is really powerful and bring a lot of extra energy to the band! We all love Charlie dearly, but let's be honest - even if he was still with us, I couldn't have imagined him to pull through 2h performance with such energy level. Steve is a blessing and a reason they are still continuing to pull off amazing live performances while main guys of the band are in their 80'ies (!!).

- They seem to be rehearsing a healthy number of new material - apparently all but 3 songs (if not 2) have been rehearsed at some point. So we might get to hear up to 10 new songs throughout the whole tour, hopefully at least 4 each night (IMO, the more, the better!).

- Quite a few ballads are being rehearsed - "Angie", "Sweet Virginia", "She's A Rainbow", "Let it Bleed".... Nothing unusual as they have rotated ballad slot on the previous tours as well so expect the same this year.

- Apparently at least one rehearsal happened without Mick and they have practiced instrumental parts + Keith's set that will definitely include "Tell Me Straight".

- In regard to "Gimme Shelter" - they have played the song's intro a few times (we know it is a bit tricky live), it won't be opening the show!

Please do not ask about specific location as we are not allowed to share it to the public - do a little research as there are maybe 4-5 facilities in LA area that would meet their requirements.

Date: April 16, 2024 14:29

Topi
marclaff
Quoted - Gimmie Shelter incl. intro multiple times

GS as openning song ?

The "intro" here obviously means the Gimme Shelter intro. Since Chanel Haynes is new, it's no wonder they are going over that song - and its intro - multiple times.

I also noticed that myself. Gimme Shelter as the opener is my wishful thinking, given Keith’s stiff-y fingers for these umpteen years.

Date: April 16, 2024 14:40

wickerman
Managed to listen to one rehearsal last week as I was in town just for few days and had free afternoon. If there was no for traffic on the nearby street, you could hear it really clear through the walls and holes. It was unforgettable experience to listen to your favorite band practicing for over 2.5 hours for another hugely successful tour.

Few remarks:

- Chanel sounds really strong on Gimme Shelter, I think it's her astonishing Milan performance and dedication (she was fired from "Tina" musical for missing the night while performing with the Stones) that got her the job. Fingers crossed for her!

- Steve is on fire and his drumming is really powerful and bring a lot of extra energy to the band! We all love Charlie dearly, but let's be honest - even if he was still with us, I couldn't have imagined him to pull through 2h performance with such energy level. Steve is a blessing and a reason they are still continuing to pull off amazing live performances while main guys of the band are in their 80'ies (!!).

- They seem to be rehearsing a healthy number of new material - apparently all but 3 songs (if not 2) have been rehearsed at some point. So we might get to hear up to 10 new songs throughout the whole tour, hopefully at least 4 each night (IMO, the more, the better!).

- Quite a few ballads are being rehearsed - "Angie", "Sweet Virginia", "She's A Rainbow", "Let it Bleed".... Nothing unusual as they have rotated ballad slot on the previous tours as well so expect the same this year.

- Apparently at least one rehearsal happened without Mick and they have practiced instrumental parts + Keith's set that will definitely include "Tell Me Straight".

- In regard to "Gimme Shelter" - they have played the song's intro a few times (we know it is a bit tricky live), it won't be opening the show!

Please do not ask about specific location as we are not allowed to share it to the public - do a little research as there are maybe 4-5 facilities in LA area that would meet their requirements.

Thanks for the report! thumbs up

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 16, 2024 14:51

Thank you, wickerman! Wonderful that they see potential in HACKNEY DIAMONDS tracks. Hopely many of them at least see the spotlight. The pragmatic test has no mercy and usually it is a killing floor for new material.

- Doxa

Date: April 16, 2024 14:54

Thank you very much, wickerman!

Date: April 16, 2024 14:55

5strings
Topi

Out of respect I'd have to ask my source. But maybe eventually.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 16, 2024 15:04

JumpingKentFlash

Nooooo… to close the show! And Keith will include Waiting For The Man in his set. (Clearly we’re both delusional.)

Date: April 16, 2024 15:12

Just be careful they don't steal the stools. (They did in Helsinki 1970)

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 16, 2024 15:14

They could very easily slip in RS Blues with no rehearsal whatsoever... and with the whole band delivering a more Chicago spirited version in contrast to the Delta style on the album.

But yes...delusional to expect either grinning smiley

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: April 16, 2024 15:28

Topi
5strings
Topi

Out of respect I'd have to ask my source. But maybe eventually.

Thanks

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2100
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home