Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 25
Re: Rehearsals for the Stones 2024 Tour
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 14, 2024 12:44

Santa Monica is not far from where the Stones are rehearsing.

(Yes, I know where they are rehearsing and no, I am not divulging it here)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-14 12:45 by Topi.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: April 14, 2024 13:40

I have always regretted that even after the end of a tour fans never get to learn which songs they rehearsed besides those actually performed during the tour.

For me it is always exciting which songs they play & try even if it is clear from the start they they will not be played because the band doesn't think they will work. For that reason I have always appreciated tapes from rehearsals.

Date: April 14, 2024 13:47

Some of the rehearsed songs have been posted many times on IORR. Not always, but often.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: April 14, 2024 17:11

MizzAmandaJonez
Nice to see Ronnie rehearsing, would be cool if they played “Stay with me” … if Joe can play Funk49 with his “new” band, why not?

Totally agree! The Rolling Stones have covered many many songs during their touring years. Why not allow Ronnie to play one of the great riffs in rock history? The conventional wisdom - it’s not a Stones’ song is silly. Again - they play covers all of the time.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 14, 2024 18:33

Shawn20
MizzAmandaJonez
Nice to see Ronnie rehearsing, would be cool if they played “Stay with me” … if Joe can play Funk49 with his “new” band, why not?

Totally agree! The Rolling Stones have covered many many songs during their touring years. Why not allow Ronnie to play one of the great riffs in rock history? The conventional wisdom - it’s not a Stones’ song is silly. Again - they play covers all of the time.

but they (usually) don't play songs of band members' side or solo projects and/or their former bands. And I think they should keep that policy

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 14, 2024 19:04

slewan
Shawn20
MizzAmandaJonez

but they (usually) don't play songs of band members' side or solo projects and/or their former bands. And I think they should keep that policy

Only exceptions so far were Sure the one you need 2x in 1975 and (although a Cover) Walk and don't look back 1x in 2002. And of course the Billy Preston songs in 75/76!

But honestly, don't put solo/other bands stuff in a Stones set. It wouldn't fit.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 14, 2024 19:12

A Facebook friend saw Mick and Melanie at a kids soccer game in Griffith Park last weekend. The friend was watching his grandkids, not sure who Mick was there to see. Posted a distant photo - obviously him but didn't approach.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 14, 2024 20:45

hockenheim95
slewan
Shawn20
MizzAmandaJonez

Only exceptions so far were Sure the one you need 2x in 1975 and (although a Cover) Walk and don't look back 1x in 2002. And of course the Billy Preston songs in 75/76!
(…)

even the Stones sometimes mistakes. (At least 'Sure the One You Need' is credited to Jagger/Richards. Still Jagger introduced the songs a something Keith and Ronnie wrote)

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: April 14, 2024 21:13

The strength of that riff, and watching him nail it is what compelled me to wonder out loud what would it be like if they covered “Stay with Me”.. but yes, in retrospect, I thought the Billy Preston songs took away from the momentum in ‘75… so I see both sides.

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: April 15, 2024 00:33

Dan
A Facebook friend saw Mick and Melanie at a kids soccer game in Griffith Park last weekend. The friend was watching his grandkids, not sure who Mick was there to see. Posted a distant photo - obviously him but didn't approach.

I saw that, too. I didn't really believe it at first until he gave more information. So awesome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-15 01:22 by campxray.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 15, 2024 09:52

If they cover "Stay With Me" then they should also cover "Let's Work" and "999" hot smiley

Date: April 15, 2024 11:28

Found this on FB

Listened to rehearsal past Friday and this is what they have played. Might be missing one song in the end.
SPOILER:
———————————————
- Let It Bleed
- Under My Thumb x 2
- Gimmie Shelter incl. intro multiple times
- Mess it Up x 3
- She’s a Rainbow
- Heatbreaker
- Bite My Head Off x 2
- Sweet Virginia
- Angie
- Little T&A

Date: April 15, 2024 11:41

There we go!

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: April 15, 2024 14:08

Woow the first song titles in years from rehearsals! So cool! I hope we will get more reports

Date: April 15, 2024 14:20

Stonesfan2146
Woow the first song titles in years from rehearsals! So cool! I hope we will get more reports

Some of the rehearsed songs leading up to their previous US tour in 2021 were posted as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-15 14:22 by Topi.

Date: April 15, 2024 14:22

Topi
Stonesfan2146

Some of the rehearsed songs from their previous US tour in 2021 were posted as well.

Not to mention the postings of both titles and recordings of the Euro-rehearsals in 2022 smiling smiley

Date: April 15, 2024 14:28

DandelionPowderman
Topi
Stonesfan2146

Some of the rehearsed songs from their previous US tour in 2021 were posted as well.

Not to mention the postings of both titles and recordings of the Euro-rehearsals in 2022 smiling smiley

Well, yeah, but that recording was from the Madrid dress rehearsal at the stadium, not the ones in Amsterdam, right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-15 14:30 by Topi.

Date: April 15, 2024 14:34

FWIW, the Facebook comment quoted above also says all but three Hackney Diamonds songs have been rehearsed so far. It was in the Shidoobee Facebook group.

Date: April 15, 2024 14:34

Topi
DandelionPowderman
Topi
Stonesfan2146

Well, yeah, but that recording was from the Madrid dress rehearsal at the stadium, not the ones in Amsterdam, right?
In Amsterdam there is was not possible to hear anything at all. They have invited fans into rehearsals some times before, but that also was not possible due corona.

Now I am thinking of it, would love to read those stories about rehearsal being attended by fans again. Anyone know which one this was?

Date: April 15, 2024 14:36

PaintMonkeyManBlack

Now I am thinking of it, would love to read those stories about rehearsal being attended by fans again. Anyone know which one this was?

At least in Paris 2014. [rockerparis.blogspot.com]

(Wow, 14 on Fire was 10 years ago!)

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: April 15, 2024 17:53

Quoted - Gimmie Shelter incl. intro multiple times

GS as openning song ?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 15, 2024 18:00

PaintMonkeyManBlack

32 lucky fans were also invited at the rehearsals in Paris 2012 - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 15, 2024 18:06

marclaff

GS as openning song ?

God no

Posted by: TW2019 ()
Date: April 15, 2024 18:07

T&A nice! Been wanting Keith to pull that out

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 15, 2024 18:26

smoking smiley
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Found this on FB

Listened to rehearsal past Friday and this is what they have played. Might be missing one song in the end.
SPOILER:
———————————————
- Let It Bleed
- Under My Thumb x 2
- Mess it Up x 3
- She’s a Rainbow
- Heatbreaker
- Bite My Head Off x 2
- Sweet Virginia
- Angie
- Little T&A

Date: April 15, 2024 18:47

Smoke'em if you got'em, mariano!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 15, 2024 19:09

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Found this on FB

Listened to rehearsal past Friday and this is what they have played. Might hot smileybe missing one song in the end.
SPOILER:
———————————————
- Let It Bleed
- Under My Thumb x 2
- Mess it Up x 3
- She’s a Rainbow
- Heatbreaker
- Bite My Head Off x 2
- Sweet Virginia
- Angie
- Little T&A

Looking good,

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 15, 2024 19:17

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Found this on FB

SPOILER:
———————————————
- Let It Bleed
- Under My Thumb x 2
- Mess it Up x 3
- She’s a Rainbow
- Heatbreaker
- Bite My Head Off x 2
- Sweet Virginia
- Angie
- Little T&A

Always good to hear UMT on opening night - like in Hamburg.
And: Gimme Shelter would be a great opener!

Posted by: FeelslikeaGhost ()
Date: April 15, 2024 22:54

marclaff

GS as openning song ?

Not sure how I'd feel about GS as an opener... With the way they play it now I feel like it's too climatic to start a show. The song works better in the last quarter of a concert.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: April 15, 2024 23:36

Mick ultimately determines the setlist. And while Chuck serves as an amazing reference point, musical directors typically have nothing to do with setlist. Their primary job is to direct the band arrangements for all the numbers.

GAFF
mpj200
What? Why would you think Chuck or Matt have anything to do with the setlist?

Matt does not but Chuck does because Chuck is their acknowledged musical director. He documents every show to make sure they don't play the same exact set list when they return to a given market. His data goes back decades so he can say exactly when they last played a particular song in a particular city. He is apparently meticulous in keeping track of all the data and Mick has publicly stated that Chuck is involved with drafting the set lists.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2251
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home