Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 25
Re: Rehearsals for the Stones 2024 Tour
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 7, 2024 05:14

CaptainCorella
keefriffhards

Mick hasn't run around the stage for a long time, it's walking, clapping and waving mostly, the ultimate Redcoat entertainer, come on boys and girls it's audience participation time.

Very interesting description there! ("Redcoat"). And I mean interesting in a jolly good way!

Having been brought up in the UK in the 1960's I know what it means, but do our friends and fellow fans around the world get it?

this american didn't

i associate redcoat with a british soldier or maybe santa claus

but budget friendly british holiday camp entertainer was not what i excepted

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 7, 2024 06:08

CaptainCorella
Rockman
Butlin

Butlin's

It was a chain of inexpensive holiday camps that were popular in the 1950s and 1960s in the UK.

Enthusiastic entertainers were a hallmark. And they wore red coats.

Ultra nerds will know that when The Beatles sacked Pete Best Lennon & McCartney went off to get Ringo from a residency he had with his then band.... playing in a Butlin's Holiday Camp.

I stayed at The Bognor Regis camp with my youth club in 1995. I can still vividly remember much about the site, although only being 11-year-old’s, we were locked-up before the entertainment started!

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 7, 2024 20:41

ProfessorWolf
CaptainCorella
keefriffhards

Mick hasn't run around the stage for a long time, it's walking, clapping and waving mostly, the ultimate Redcoat entertainer, come on boys and girls it's audience participation time.

Very interesting description there! ("Redcoat"). And I mean interesting in a jolly good way!

Having been brought up in the UK in the 1960's I know what it means, but do our friends and fellow fans around the world get it?

this american didn't

It's that English working class image of giving the audience a good time by trying to involve them in the show, Mick as a performer can get a bit Redcoat in recent decades, gone are the cool moves and gestures from the 70's where the music created the excitement, now it's just trying to hard for me.

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: April 7, 2024 21:19

keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
CaptainCorella
keefriffhards

this american didn't

It's that English working class image of giving the audience a good time by trying to involve them in the show, Mick as a performer can get a bit Redcoat in recent decades, gone are the cool moves and gestures from the 70's where the music created the excitement, now it's just trying to hard for me.

The guy riding an inflatable penis in the 70s, riding a cherry picker over the audience in the 80s, busting out of a cage in the 90s, is just now trying too hard to entertain for your liking?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 7, 2024 21:29

Please give me a break.

This is not the smalltalk thread. This thread is not about set lists or what sort of "redcoat" entertainer Mick is and so on and on.

Feel free to post about set lists in the set list thread, and about "Mick Jagger the entertainer" if you think Readcoat slang remarks do make sense in an international non-political place like IORR.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 7, 2024 22:29

Bernard & Pino Palladino

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 8, 2024 00:46

Lien
Bernard & Pino Palladino

[www.facebook.com]

This looks like the Stones rehearsal room to me. I think it's strange that someone like Pino would visit the site with a plugged in bass in his hand when they have limited time for rehearsals for a major tour. What does this mean?

Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: April 8, 2024 00:52

....and he's worked with Steve Jordan in the past......

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 8, 2024 01:00

hockenheim95
Lien
Bernard & Pino Palladino

[www.facebook.com]

This looks like the Stones rehearsal room to me. I think it's strange that someone like Pino would visit the site with a plugged in bass in his hand when they have limited time for rehearsals for a major tour. What does this mean?

Pino is rehearsing there too?

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 8, 2024 01:07

hockenheim95
What does this mean?

No more "Miss You" bass solos?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 8, 2024 01:13

Dan
hockenheim95
Lien
Bernard & Pino Palladino

[www.facebook.com]

It's Darryl's Bass - from his own personal brand "Jones". The bass is plugged into the wireless transmitter that is sticked to the strap. He probably just took Darryls bass for the photo

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 8, 2024 01:15

smoking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 8, 2024 01:17

Giuseppe Henry "Pino" Palladino (born 17 October 1957) is a Welsh musician, songwriter, and record producer. A prolific session bassist, he has played bass for acts such as the Who, the John Mayer Trio, Nine Inch Nails, Gary Numan, Jeff Beck and D'Angelo.

Palladino met Steve Jordan in the mid-1980s while both were working as session musicians, which blossomed into a friendship. Jordan credits Palladino's apparent ability to "feel" changes in music, through melodies, basslines, and an embrace of genres of nearly every kind. According to Jordan, he had planned to meet up with John Mayer and Willie Weeks in January 2005 to perform Tsunami Aid: A Concert of Hope for victims of the tsunami that struck southeast Asia. Weeks was unable to make the performance, and Jordan suggested Palladino, who had heard some of Mayer's work and was willing to come. Beginning a set that included the Jimi Hendrix song "Bold as Love", the three found a chemistry together. They recorded an album and toured as a trio.

Pino Palladino (Wikipedia)

Bjornulf

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 8, 2024 02:27

smoking smiley

Posted by: Zotz ()
Date: April 8, 2024 03:12

John Mayer, Steve Jordan, Pino Palladino 'Crossroads'

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 8, 2024 06:40

Popping over for the NY and Boston shows.I really hope they are rehearsing plenty of tracks from Hackney Diamonds.Tell me straight,Mess it up and Sweet sounds of heaven would be great.
Anybody who is describing Mick as the “ultimate red coat entertainer “ is clearly on a different planet!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 8, 2024 09:24

mariano
smoking smiley

Can you pass whatever it is you're smoking? winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-08 09:25 by Topi.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 8, 2024 10:55

bv
Please give me a break.

This is not the smalltalk thread. This thread is not about set lists or what sort of "redcoat" entertainer Mick is and so on and on.

Feel free to post about set lists in the set list thread, and about "Mick Jagger the entertainer" if you think Readcoat slang remarks do make sense in an international non-political place like IORR.

Sorry folks...

I think that little detour was initially my fault grinning smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 8, 2024 10:59

StonedRambler
Dan
hockenheim95
Lien
Bernard & Pino Palladino

[www.facebook.com]

It's Darryl's Bass - from his own personal brand "Jones". The bass is plugged into the wireless transmitter that is sticked to the strap. He probably just took Darryls bass for the photo

Good information! Thank you!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 8, 2024 12:31

StonedRambler
Dan
hockenheim95
Lien
Bernard & Pino Palladino

[www.facebook.com]

And one can read from his face expression: 'this is the closest I get to the dream job'...winking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: bluecore ()
Date: April 8, 2024 18:09

snoopy2
slewan
Jeter1984
While it's a great idea and certainly the Stones have been pioneers for stages, it doeasn't make a lot of sense to design and build an entire new stage etc for these mini tours that they do now.

they should use recycle the NoFilter stage and everything's fine

+100 .. my favorite, simple and got the job done

Yes!!! No Filter stage was awesome! In Stockholm Sixty stage was ok (no festival tent behind/roof...same in Amsterdam also)...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-08 18:15 by bluecore.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 8, 2024 18:42

Doxa
StonedRambler
Dan
hockenheim95
Lien
Bernard & Pino Palladino

[www.facebook.com]

And one can read from his face expression: 'this is the closest I get to the dream job'...winking smiley

- Doxa

A helluva bass player! I would have chosen him instead of Darryl, but then, who am I!

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: April 8, 2024 18:56

I've heard Darryl has been under the weather recently so his arrival to rehearsals may simply be delayed. Nothing serious, but nothing he would want to spread around either.

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: April 8, 2024 19:25

GAFF
I've heard Darryl has been under the weather recently so his arrival to rehearsals may simply be delayed. Nothing serious, but nothing he would want to spread around either.

You da man GAFF!

Date: April 8, 2024 19:26

Strange that Bernard would post such a photo then. Hope Darryl is ok.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: April 8, 2024 19:42

Spud
bv
Please give me a break.

Sorry folks...

I think that little detour was initially my fault grinning smiley

As a Brit I totally get your Redcoat comment and Charlie said they would end up playing a residency in Bognor didn't he (although I don't believe he specified Butlins)?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 8, 2024 20:52

retired_dog
Doxa
StonedRambler
Dan
hockenheim95
Lien
Bernard & Pino Palladino

[www.facebook.com]

- Doxa

A helluva bass player! I would have chosen him instead of Darryl, but then, who am I!

Indeed. It is good to know where we fans stand. Namely, there are pretty sovereign people in that band to choose with whom they are going join the stage with. And no way it is demcratic even there. Like when Ronnie once deared to suggest something, Keith replied: "who the hell you think you are? Brian Jones?"

That said, if there ever been someone to pick up exactly the right members to this band, that was Brian...

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-08 20:54 by Doxa.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 8, 2024 21:46

I don’t suppose anyone has heard them rehearsing Waiting For The Man? No? Rats….

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: April 9, 2024 02:43

Is there not more speculation that Palladino is replacing Darryl on the tour or is that a known non-possibility? Bernard must know the protocols by now. Hard to see him posting that arbitrarily "look who stopped in for a hoot."

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 9, 2024 02:54

stargroover
I really hope they are rehearsing plenty of tracks from Hackney Diamonds.Tell me straight,Mess it up and Sweet sounds of heaven would be great.
I'd be curious how much they could really work in. Just isn't enough time in the setlist and obviously not why people are coming. But I guess the obligatory Angry in the set, then maybe Whole Wide World or something else. Potentially one of Keith's two songs being his new one. Wonder if Sweet Sounds of Heaven make an appearance, just cause of length. I could see 3 slots being open for the new album: Angry, Keith new song, then a rotating slot from the album. How many they rehearse to fill that rotating slot, I'd be surprised if it was more than 3 but who knows.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1919
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home