Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jane Rose Longevity
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: February 26, 2024 08:43

I'm watching the Voodoo Overdubs Video, and to see the up close role Jane takes with Keith has always interested me, she must be one heck of an operator in representing Keith. I have 2 Sister's who have risen to the top in widely varying industries & I find their journey's really interesting & amazing, I'd love to hear/read Janes Story, no doubt it'd be an insightful tome for other's to learn from.

Remarkable

Re: Jane Rose Longevity
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 26, 2024 10:18

It would be very interesting, yes.

..but I suspect some of her obvious success is in knowing how to keep her head down and stay away from a lot of exposure.

Date: February 26, 2024 10:33

I decided to Google at bit deeper and found this account of Keith in place, Patti & Jane trying to get him to Rome, I certainly enjoyed this [www.gilmarkle.com]

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: February 26, 2024 11:05

She was first working for Mick in the late 70s and was then hired by Keith. She was there for him when Keith kicked his heroin addiction and has remained a loyal 'bulldog' ever since.

Date: February 26, 2024 11:13

I'm interested in people that made their bones in the late 70's/80's. I see them as a window into the pre-digital/internet era of witnesses to the last age of Raw Music.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-26 11:14 by SKILLS.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 26, 2024 18:52

SKILLS
I decided to Google at bit deeper and found this account of Keith in place, Patti & Jane trying to get him to Rome, I certainly enjoyed this [www.gilmarkle.com]

Wow that Gil Markle site is full of great stories.
There is a few on Jagger.
What career, what a life he had!
Thanks for posting.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 26, 2024 19:35

Didn't she work for the Stones originally and when Mick fired her around 77/78 (can't remember if a reason was given as it doesn't sound very "Mick" who likes to keep the same people around) Keith hired her as his personal manager ? I wonder if Keith doesn't give some details about that in "Life", it would make sense for him to do that.

EDIT - so I looked her up in "Life" and she gets the credit for getting Keith to quit heroin in 78 but I don't see any details on how she got fired by Mick and hired by Keith. Maybe in Bill German's book ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-26 19:44 by gotdablouse.

Date: February 26, 2024 19:58

gotdablouse

EDIT - so I looked her up in "Life" and she gets the credit for getting Keith to quit heroin in 78 but I don't see any details on how she got fired by Mick and hired by Keith. Maybe in Bill German's book ?

I remember reading about that here and it was a post from Rocky Dijon. One of his many informative contributions.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: February 26, 2024 20:04

In 1991 a friend of mine and I traveled 3+ hours to see Keith do the Soundstage taping at the PBS affiliate in Chicago. They'd given away far too many tickets and about half the people in line were turned away including us as we reached the near front of the line. Amidst all the shouting and grumbling, as people left, I corralled a floor manager and explained we'd driven nearly four hours and might we at least watch the taping from an adjacent studio? He said, "Sure, no problem. C'mon." My friend I followed him into an empty studio as did about twenty others who were still hanging around. The situation sucked as there was no furniture (or heat) and one 30" TV in the huge studio.

We'd been there about ten minutes when a loud, brassy woman (Jane Rose as we eventually learned) strutted into the studio and practically shouted, "Ten lucky people are going to get into the taping!" She then turned on her high-heel and swaggered out. The implication was that the twenty of us would have to draw straws, or something, to decide who would go in and who had to stay in the cold studio next door. A moment later the floor manager that we'd met earlier opened the door and simply said, "Come on!" All 22, or so, of us followed him into the active studio where there was plenty of room. We joined about 175 others for a taping lasting about and hour and a half complete with stops and starts, fluffed intro riffs and Q&A with Keith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-26 20:06 by rbk.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 26, 2024 21:00

Sounds great, rbk, what a cool experience!
Hopefully you got the chance to thank Jane for letting you all in!?

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 26, 2024 22:48

Yes, Mick fired her, and Keith re-hired her just to annoy Mick.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 26, 2024 23:34

there's a hell of story for her to tell someday hopefully

i suspect she's probably been far more important behind the scenes keeping keith going then many would expect

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2058
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home