Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question : I Wanna Be Your Man
Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: February 24, 2024 15:19

On the Legend of Emerald Studio Sessions 61-66, disc 3 track 8 is a version of I Wanna Be Your Man.

Who is the artist please?

Many thanks in advance.

Re: Question : I Wanna Be Your Man
Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: February 24, 2024 16:15

Andrew Oldham Orchestra & Chorus

Date: February 24, 2024 17:52

Thanks StoneZP …………………does anyone know who the vocalist is ?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 24, 2024 18:24

Who’s on guitar, though? It could very well be Jimmy Page, considering it’s recorded in London and featuring session musicians.

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: February 24, 2024 20:18

Kingbeebuzz
Thanks StoneZP …………………does anyone know who the vocalist is ?

Mick

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: February 24, 2024 22:56

Is it the same as on French compilation ROLLING STONES/VARIOUS Connection 1963-66 [SAGA RS1]? It is credited there as The Rail Roaders with Keith R. - I Wanna Be Your Man.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 25, 2024 05:26

On the youtube site with a link to this song, in the description it states:
"Keith R. probably is Keith Relf from the Yardbirds."

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: February 25, 2024 09:24

ironbelly
Is it the same as on French compilation ROLLING STONES/VARIOUS Connection 1963-66 [SAGA RS1]? It is credited there as The Rail Roaders with Keith R. - I Wanna Be Your Man.

Yes it's the same. Heaven knows what they thought when they renamed the Andrew Oldham Orchestra in The Rail Roaders on this CD. Maybe some copyright reasons? confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-25 19:24 by wiredallnight.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: February 25, 2024 10:29

According to sources used for “The Rolling Stones Sing This All Together” book, lead vocals on IWBYM are by ALO

Date: February 25, 2024 13:09

Thanks again to all for your posts, especially Ironbelly for posting the cd picture.
This collection of songs is not well documented when it comes to the Stones involvement. Nico’s site does not list any recording of IWBYM as an ALO orchestra track………….which may suggest no Stones involvement at all.
This was the period that ALO was doing his Phil Spector thing and Jagger/Richards were busily trying their hand as songwriters and selling songs for the royalties. Hence all the demos for other acts.

If anyone could post the Connection 63-66 cd pictured by Ironbelly onto wetransfer that would be great. I have never seen that cd before and would like to compare it with the tracks I have.

Thanks to you all……………………….more information about these tracks and the Stones involvement is always welcome.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: February 25, 2024 14:04

Kingbeebuzz
If anyone could post the Connection 63-66 cd pictured by Ironbelly onto wetransfer that would be great. I have never seen that cd before and would like to compare it with the tracks I have.

Thanks to you all……………………….more information about these tracks and the Stones involvement is always welcome.
That CD was distributed with French magazine Jukebox. A few years ago it was still possible to get it from their site. But I believe, that business collapsed during COVID.

Anyway, that was a CD in a simple papersleeve. Hardly any additional information was printed.
[www.discogs.com]
And I do not have a journal that came with the CD (or visa versa).

Send me an e-mail. It is not possible to upload this CD openly because it contains official material. See for example
[www.discogs.com]

Date: February 25, 2024 19:10

Ironbelly

When you have time please check your mail

Kingbeebuzz

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: February 25, 2024 19:30

This CD was also copied to disc 2 of a 2 CD set titled "Metamorphosis Plus" by VGP (unnumbered) with Metamorphosis as disc 1:

[www.discogs.com]

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: February 25, 2024 21:04

A very well known top Stones connoisseur from the States once suggested it is Brian Jones singing!

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: February 25, 2024 22:21

ironbelly
Kingbeebuzz

That CD was distributed with French magazine Jukebox. A few years ago it was still possible to get it from their site. But I believe, that business collapsed during COVID.

Anyway, that was a CD in a simple papersleeve. Hardly any additional information was printed.
[www.discogs.com]
And I do not have a journal that came with the CD (or visa versa).

Send me an e-mail. It is not possible to upload this CD openly because it contains official material. See for example
[www.discogs.com]

It had a solid sleeve with a cover photo... informations for the disc were printed in the magazine...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 25, 2024 22:52

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 25, 2024 23:08

----------->>> [www.youtube.com]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: February 25, 2024 23:09

Rockman, thanks for confirming ALO is the lead vocalist on IWBYM

Date: February 26, 2024 15:58

Thanks to Ironbelly and Rockman for the info.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 26, 2024 16:28

thanks to everyone, very cool thread.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1897
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home