Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: LIVE AT RACKET, NYC - Record Store Day 2024 Release
Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: April 25, 2024 10:24

DandelionPowderman
jackflash27
Listening to Live at Racket for the first time. I resisted the CD and all online versions. I must say, I'm quite impressed. For multiple reasons:
1) Sound quality of the vinyl is really good. Nice separation of the stereo channels, all instruments are on a good level in the mix. Sounds really fresh and energetic.
2) The songs really come alive on this record. I prefer these versions of HD above the studio versions and not by a little bit. These songs are gonna be a blast when played on the tour.
3) Band sounds tight and on fire. Mick Jagger sounds like he's still in 1995. I mean, this man is 80 years old, Insane.

This is really a good live EP. Didn't expect this. I should have known better winking smiley

Well, a lot on Live At Racket IS from the studio album smiling smiley

What do you mean? Aren't the versions of the HD songs on the RSD Racket album not really live, but manipulated versions of the HD studio album? Don't tell me we've got another Got Live If You Want It here.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 25, 2024 14:40

jackflash27
DandelionPowderman
jackflash27
Listening to Live at Racket for the first time. I resisted the CD and all online versions. I must say, I'm quite impressed. For multiple reasons:
1) Sound quality of the vinyl is really good. Nice separation of the stereo channels, all instruments are on a good level in the mix. Sounds really fresh and energetic.
2) The songs really come alive on this record. I prefer these versions of HD above the studio versions and not by a little bit. These songs are gonna be a blast when played on the tour.
3) Band sounds tight and on fire. Mick Jagger sounds like he's still in 1995. I mean, this man is 80 years old, Insane.

This is really a good live EP. Didn't expect this. I should have known better winking smiley

What do you mean? Aren't the versions of the HD songs on the RSD Racket album not really live, but manipulated versions of the HD studio album? Don't tell me we've got another Got Live If You Want It here.

I think only Fortune Teller is an actual studio recording on that one, though not having listened to it in 3 decades, I could be wrong!

Date: April 25, 2024 15:53

jackflash27
DandelionPowderman
jackflash27

Instead of doing overdubs, they used tracks from the studio album to fill in on a couple of tracks. It's not much, except for «Keith's» track on Bite My Head Off (probably Mick's track from the studio album).

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: April 25, 2024 18:23

DandelionPowderman
jackflash27
DandelionPowderman
jackflash27

Instead of doing overdubs, they used tracks from the studio album to fill in on a couple of tracks. It's not much, except for «Keith's» track on Bite My Head Off (probably Mick's track from the studio album).

Thanks, didn't know this. They did that quite well, but that takes away a bit of my enthusiasm of this 'live' record.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1284
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home