Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: The Stones Staging - should they ‘up their game?’
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: February 4, 2024 12:16

2015 US No Zip Code Stage.

2015 US No Zip Code Stage.

2016 A Latin America Tour Stage .

2016 Latin America Tour Havana Stage.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: February 4, 2024 12:20

2017-2018-2019 No Filter Tour Stage.

2021 No Filter USA Tour Stage.

2022 SIXTY European Tour Stage.

2023 Racket Club NYC Stage.

Date: February 4, 2024 15:06

Screens on the 14,15,16 were very nice

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: February 4, 2024 17:20

Awesome job UrbanSteel - thanks!
Goes as a nice reminder that they have had some incredible stages over the years.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 4, 2024 20:08

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
How about having seats onstage, so the fans can actually be onstage with them?

And if anyone leaves their seats Keith is allowed to chase them and swing his guitar at them.

Did you skip the ABB tour entirely??????

I actually won a pair of onstage tickets.

Wow! Very cool! How was that experience?

I already had floor seats, really close, so I sold the onstage ones because I wasn't sure how they'd be. I'd never been as close to see them so it was a hard choice!

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: February 4, 2024 22:43

Bring back the Lotus stage

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 4, 2024 22:59

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
How about having seats onstage, so the fans can actually be onstage with them?

And if anyone leaves their seats Keith is allowed to chase them and swing his guitar at them.

Did you skip the ABB tour entirely??????

I actually won a pair of onstage tickets.

Wow! Very cool! How was that experience?

I already had floor seats, really close, so I sold the onstage ones because I wasn't sure how they'd be. I'd never been as close to see them so it was a hard choice!

I won them too in Munich inside the stadium. There was a SMS game. I gave up my Front of stage second row spot for that. It was my first ABB show and I didn't really like it at the time. I was 17 years old and had high expectations for the show but the sound wasn't really good up there. It was more like watching a Concert from outside than being part of it. Of course the view of the stadium/audience was phenomenal but you could See the band mostly from the back. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more if it was more into the Tour and I Had the chance to see them before from a normal audience spot.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 4, 2024 23:05

Interesting to read about the onstage experience for Bigger Bang. I did it in Hannover. Overall I'm happy that I did it. However I do remember thinking the sound was strange and vision too from behind. They warned us about the fireworks at the end of the show on our printed setlist. They were right, I had stuff in my hair from it. Just a slight burn though.winking smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 4, 2024 23:10

frankotero
Interesting to read about the onstage experience for Bigger Bang. I did it in Hannover. Overall I'm happy that I did it. However I do remember thinking the sound was strange and vision too from behind. They warned us about the fireworks at the end of the show on our printed setlist. They were right, I had stuff in my hair from it. Just a slight burn though.winking smiley

Yeahh I still have the setlist with a very bad German translation of the warning. The Highlight of the Show was Sympathy for the devil. That was the only time Mick looked at us on his way to the elevated bridge in front of the screen.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 5, 2024 08:06

The 2022 stage, for a band as big as The Stones, who had always pushed the boundaries in this regard, ever since the “petal stage”, is down right embarrassingly bad.

Rod

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 5, 2024 10:38

Looking at all those wonderful pictures, kindly posted by Urban Steel, nicely illustrates how the goal posts have moved.

When you look at the VL and B2B stages for example, the architecture had to be the thing making the statement because the giant screen technology wasn't then nearly a good as it is today.

Those stages were awesome to behold ...but didn't actually enhance the concert experience very much once the band took to the stage.

The screen technology we have today takes the whole concept in a different direction.

Without all the old architecture, it doesn't look very impressive until you switch it on...but it then does a much better job of enhancing the whole show experience for all but those lucky enough to have the very best seats.

It could be used to make a much more intimate club type performance work well in a stadium .

And at this stage in the band's career, that may be a good direction to take.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-05 10:41 by Spud.

Posted by: Jalfstra ()
Date: February 5, 2024 12:47

Spud
Looking at all those wonderful pictures, kindly posted by Urban Steel, nicely illustrates how the goal posts have moved.

When you look at the VL and B2B stages for example, the architecture had to be the thing making the statement because the giant screen technology wasn't then nearly a good as it is today.

Those stages were awesome to behold ...but didn't actually enhance the concert experience very much once the band took to the stage.

The screen technology we have today takes the whole concept in a different direction.

Without all the old architecture, it doesn't look very impressive until you switch it on...but it then does a much better job of enhancing the whole show experience for all but those lucky enough to have the very best seats.

It could be used to make a much more intimate club type performance work well in a stadium .

And at this stage in the band's career, that may be a good direction to take.

I totally agree with this. You don't have to use inflatable dolls or dogs since you have those enormous screens, but you can add some extra effects or surprises to add somehting to the experience.

The elevator in the VL stage, the bridge to the B-stage on the B2B tour.. Those things I missed during the recent shows. And a;sp the use of fireworks.. The expoding screen during the opening of B2B, the pyro during the intro's of JJF or SMU in the 90's shows.. That really added something

Do the Stones still have their own stage that they transport across the continent, or do they just rent a standard festival stage somewhere, which is decorated with some themed boarding and flags? I can imagine that purchasing a spectacular stage is not profitable if you only use it for like 17 shows.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 5, 2024 15:28

Without the architecture, a big screen is just a big screen...

...it's only what's shown on it that's bespoke. grinning smiley

A few flags and banners are never going to impress like the burners of the VL cobra ...but that's just the way things have changed.

[edited for typos]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-05 17:32 by Spud.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 5, 2024 16:02

Agree with Spud, screen is enough!

May I add: save on stage costs and keep the prices affordable!

C

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1805
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home