Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Sasha Allen
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 15, 2024 17:33

SomeGuy
treaclefingers
SomeGuy
hockenheim95
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
NashvilleBlues
hockenheim95
treaclefingers
Mabru
Who says Sascha is not joining the Stones on tour?

Chanel

Where did she say that?

Possibly treacle was using deductive reasoning. Why would they use both Chanel and Sasha? Did they ever use Lisa and Sasha on the same tour?

Good lord you make me sound positively intelligent, which is no small task!

Yes, when I said "Chanel", it wasn't as in "Chanel" said it, but rather "Chanel" as evidence of the fact that they won't be taking two on the road with them. After 1989 they decided that Lisa and Bernard was all they needed and I don't see now adding a 3rd vocalist again. What would be the purpose?

Blondie was just the exception from the then newfound rule, right?

Debbie Harry was never in the lineup that I remember! Possibly on the No Security Tour.

Blondie Chaplin was on stage with them for B2B, Licks and ABB. Debbie Harry probably not even on the No Security Tour.

Debbie most certainly was on no Stones tour winking smiley There appears to have been talk, however, of a duet she was going to do with Mick in '79 or '80. I'm pretty sure Mick wasn't interested anymore within the next year or two.

I think "The Tide Is High" would have been stratospheric if Mick had been on it!
That would have improved the song alright. As it is, it seems to be intended for kindergarten. The beginning of the end for Blondie for me (until much later). The first three albums were brilliant however (the first records I ever bought in my life), but I digress.

I still crank up Rapture on that same album from time to time!

Never knew The Tide is High was a cover until I bought a reggae box set. Their version does sound a bit like a song from a Disney movie.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 15, 2024 19:49

They are back up singers and highly replaceable. I think Bernard stays since he is a guy and complements Jagger's voice the best. Lisa Fischer is the one that stands out though
- not so much due to her voice but her sex appeal and stage presence rather. She added a new element to the show.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 15, 2024 22:56

Lisa's voice is pretty damn good, too!

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: January 16, 2024 14:34

treaclefingers
bobo
Sasha and Chanel is great. Bernard should have been gone decades ago, along with Chuck.

Stop that...Bernard's awesome.

Absolutely not.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: January 16, 2024 15:12

rogerriffin
and sasha lacks a lot of charisma to be a backup singer for the stones, sorry.

I actually really liked how Sasha would just completely rock out when dancing to something like JJF. Enjoyed watching her more than any of the other singers, sorry to see her go.

syrel

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: January 16, 2024 15:16

what about gaga? smiling smiley
to make it more complicated lol smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: January 16, 2024 15:36

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-16 16:49 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: January 18, 2024 02:43

They should pay the lady Gaga whatever it takes to tour with them!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 18, 2024 04:25

bobo
treaclefingers
bobo
Sasha and Chanel is great. Bernard should have been gone decades ago, along with Chuck.

Stop that...Bernard's awesome.

Absolutely not.

admit it. you made a booboo bobo.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: January 18, 2024 05:24

Woz

I have a feeling I'm gonna prefer Chanel on Sweet Sounds, as much as I enjoy the original recording.

Additionally, Gaga's guest appearance on Gimme Shelter was one of my least favourite renditions of the song ever.

Posted by: ds1984 ()
Date: January 18, 2024 22:16

Right, Lady Gaga is truly talented but she isn't the most memorable GS performer.

I am a bit sad having to write this.

Well I enjoy her duetting with Tony Bennett

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 19, 2024 12:04

BeastyBurdeny
Woz

I have a feeling I'm gonna prefer Chanel on Sweet Sounds, as much as I enjoy the original recording.

Additionally, Gaga's guest appearance on Gimme Shelter was one of my least favourite renditions of the song ever.

i agree with both of your points

and further more i think chanel would have been better on the studio version too

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 19, 2024 12:44

ProfessorWolf
BeastyBurdeny
Woz

i agree with both of your points

and further more i think chanel would have been better on the studio version too

I get that, but discussions about who would have been better on the studio cut are irrelevant.

Gaga guested in the studio and the band quite understandably capitalised on that for subsequent promotional reasons.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: January 19, 2024 15:39

"Sasha does GS, Chanel does SSOH. Problem solved"

I am really curious about the next set lists. I hope we'll get surprises with lots of the new tracks.
I really wonder if they will play both. I can imagine that it could be SSOH only. Let's wait and see.

With both Sasha and Chanel + Bernard on backing vocals , it could be hudge !

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 19, 2024 18:48

Wasn't that just someone's ideal solution and not fact? I'm pretty sure it's been stated by more hot rocks (and possibly others) that Sasha is not available for the tour because of the stage show that she signed up for this year. It's Bernard and Chanel for the tour only.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 19, 2024 19:35

Rocky Dijon
Wasn't that just someone's ideal solution and not fact? I'm pretty sure it's been stated by more hot rocks (and possibly others) that Sasha is not available for the tour because of the stage show that she signed up for this year. It's Bernard and Chanel for the tour only.

Thank you Rocky for paying attention. She's with the musical as the Stones are touring.

She's listed in the cast. I sure people will ignore this and keep posting about her being on the tour.

[newyork.mjthemusical.com]

Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: January 19, 2024 21:34

Thanks for clarifying this. Channel will do a good job. I did like Sasha, but she has a job for the year. I hope they do SSOH, its a great song and few of their blues numbers.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 19, 2024 22:42

Here we go, dissed Chuck AGAIN! Very tiresome! Chuck & Bernard add a tremendous amount of possitivity to the Stones' overall sound. I think some people just like being negative...to quote some genius from long ago, " if it ain't broken, don't fix it!" I hope Chuck's wife is well enough so he CAN tour with the band this year. I've seen Sasha performing with Mick on Gimme Shelter...she was just OK, not great. I'd love top see Chanel take over that spot, and leave the rest of the band as it is. If Chuck doesn't tour with the Stones this year, his haters will see the difference in the sound and they'll be sorry for all of the negativity thrown his way!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 19, 2024 22:47

With no Chuck onboard, perhaps we can get some more varied setlists! Perhaps Steve can take over those duties!!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 19, 2024 23:16

Who’s replacing Chuck,,,,u need a stand in just in case u know.

Date: January 20, 2024 05:44

If so, it would be Matt Clifford (as it was at The Racket).

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: January 20, 2024 08:24

mickschix
Here we go, dissed Chuck AGAIN! Very tiresome! Chuck & Bernard add a tremendous amount of possitivity to the Stones' overall sound. I think some people just like being negative...to quote some genius from long ago, " if it ain't broken, don't fix it!" I hope Chuck's wife is well enough so he CAN tour with the band this year. I've seen Sasha performing with Mick on Gimme Shelter...she was just OK, not great. I'd love top see Chanel take over that spot, and leave the rest of the band as it is. If Chuck doesn't tour with the Stones this year, his haters will see the difference in the sound and they'll be sorry for all of the negativity thrown his way!

I'll miss his Plink Plink Plink style

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 20, 2024 09:09

babyblue
Who’s replacing Chuck,,,,u need a stand in just in case u know.

What about the rest? Don't you need stand-ins for them, too? winking smiley

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: January 20, 2024 11:49

mickschix

You're right. Obviously he's the guy, who keeps things together. Of course, I miss the piano sound of Ian Stewart and I realy like the sound of Ian McLagan. But they have gone in the past. Chuck Leavell is some kind of antipole to Rock'n Roll but he gives the space and freedom for the the Rock'n Roll centerpart of the band. That's what I appreciate about him.
And of course I hope his wife is getting better. He's a human with feelings, he's got a family. About this point, there's nothing more to say.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-20 12:02 by micha063.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 20, 2024 13:11

VoodooLounge13
With no Chuck onboard, perhaps we can get some more varied setlists! Perhaps Steve can take over those duties!!

So where did we get the information from that Chuck isn't in the tour?

Date: January 20, 2024 17:57

It's speculation only because some are aware that Rose is ill.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: January 20, 2024 20:13

VoodooLounge13

Where are we getting the notion that Chuck prevents more setlist variation? The opposite is true.

Date: January 20, 2024 20:56

It's 2024. The dynamic duo is plus 80 now. It doesn't matter what they play. Just play something. Back up singers? Of no importance at all.
It's a wonder that they are still touring. Accept it for what it is and don't spend to much money in case you will get disappointed.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 20, 2024 22:02

MelBelli
VoodooLounge13

Where are we getting the notion that Chuck prevents more setlist variation? The opposite is true.

Thats is BS comment on your part. Chuck has stated a few time to add odds and ends to the set list. He also push for the rehersals of these songs in rehersal. Hence his two vol chord charts of Stones songs he brings into rehersals.

And yes to get back to topic. Sasha was pitch perfect all the time on stage. She wouldn't be cast in one of the biggest musicals if she wasn't . There is no one to hide behind when you are on a Broadway stage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-20 22:06 by More Hot Rocks.

Date: January 20, 2024 22:59

More Hot Rocks
MelBelli
VoodooLounge13

Thats is BS comment on your part. Chuck has stated a few time to add odds and ends to the set list. He also push for the rehersals of these songs in rehersal. Hence his two vol chord charts of Stones songs he brings into rehersals.

And yes to get back to topic. Sasha was pitch perfect all the time on stage. She wouldn't be cast in one of the biggest musicals if she wasn't . There is no one to hide behind when you are on a Broadway stage.

Looks like you two are in agreement.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2189
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home