Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11
Re: LIVE AT THE WILTERN - Official Release of Complete Show!!
Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: March 12, 2024 18:27

ironbelly
What I hate about this release is packaging. Those multi-panels paper sleeves are pain. I was struggling to remove discs from 3-panels 2CD version but 4-panels DVD+2CD is even worse. One must be extremely caution during extract/insert process. This type of sleeves can be easily torn and discs can be scratched instantly. Why they were saving pennies on the packaging? Multi-panels digipaks were not the best either, but at least they were relatively tough and discs were planted safely in the holders.

I could imagine that they want to avoid plastic for known reasons (environment, microplastic). But I agree that this kind of packaging is suboptimal...

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: March 13, 2024 00:41

really really really cheaper package but the important thing is we have the Bluray!!

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: March 13, 2024 01:54

i like the sound of this release..punchy..the car audio was interesting on seperation..it made me sing along

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: March 13, 2024 02:12

I requested this to be released in 2017, maybe someone is actually taking notes from this forum lol.
https://iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,2480217,page=1

Great show from the excellent 2002 tour!

Who cares about a few mistakes here and there, I'd much rather listen to this inspired and energetic performance than some stiff overrehearsed 1989 show.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 13, 2024 11:20

EasterMan

I requested this to be released in 2017, maybe someone is actually taking notes from this forum lol.

Not really .... since Wiltern was partly released on 2003 'Four Flicks' it's more of a re-release in full - as predicted in the 2018 agreement with [UniversalMusic.com] .

Date: March 13, 2024 13:49

They did Msg 2003, Wiltern 2002, now we must expected Ámsterdam Arena Bluray to get the Trilogy?

Posted by: LondonLee ()
Date: March 13, 2024 14:28

Blu Ray never took off in the UK so if you're based there always best to order in advance as DVDs are far more popular and they'll make a lot more of those.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 13, 2024 15:05

LondonLee
Blu Ray never took off in the UK so if you're based there always best to order in advance as DVDs are far more popular and they'll make a lot more of those.

I never understood why people like to watch a 720x567 resolution DVD on their 4k resolution screens. It just doesn't make sense to me. But of course with many vault shows we get only SD quality on Blu Ray too. It's Just a general thing.

Date: March 13, 2024 17:07

Bluray releases have some points that never gets with a dvd, like the upgrading and clear of the image, the audio and the menu that you can play above the video when is playing.

So, the most population that love music (and videos) have 4k resolution screen, go back to normal TV is not an option i think.

This time Sam Wheat screwed it up the 5.1 mix, you can listen better in 2.0 audio

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: March 13, 2024 19:15

I thought the first half sounded pretty good in 5.1. I’ll have to try the second in 2.0 when I get an hour to sit down with no interruptions.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: March 13, 2024 19:29

I love the cardboard format. The plastic jewel cases (with the breaking/cracking/scratching) are the subpar format for me.

Looking forward to getting this soon.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 13, 2024 19:32

floodonthepage
I love the cardboard format. The plastic jewel cases (with the breaking/cracking/scratching) are the subpar format for me.

Please share your opinion after you'll extract a CD from the middle panel of this sleeve winking smiley.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: March 13, 2024 20:26

ironbelly
floodonthepage

Please share your opinion after you'll extract a CD from the middle panel of this sleeve winking smiley.

Ha. I've had some trouble in that regard with other such packages...but (at least so far) I've still preferred it. Kind of like a mini LP package almost. We'll see!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-13 20:29 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: March 13, 2024 20:38

floodonthepage
ironbelly
floodonthepage

Ha. I've had some trouble in that regard with other such packages...but (at least so far) I've still preferred it. Kind of like a mini LP package almost. We'll see!

I usually take out the middle CD (or CDs) and put it in a plain white paper sleeve and just leave it in the digipack so I don't have to fight with the middle panel(s) every time.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 13, 2024 21:15

Cardboard format hard ta handle ...
Ya just know its gonna end up torn an frayed ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 13, 2024 21:30

I put the booklet in the center panel after scanning it. No need to pull it out again. I suspect if I play the discs often eventually the sleeve will either loosen up or tear apart. Anyhow, I'm in the minority because I don't like jewel cases they get scratched, dull and the metal in the discs separates after several removals from the center holder/lock. Whatever it's called.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 14, 2024 04:20

frankotero
I put the booklet in the center panel after scanning it. No need to pull it out again. I suspect if I play the discs often eventually the sleeve will either loosen up or tear apart. Anyhow, I'm in the minority because I don't like jewel cases they get scratched, dull and the metal in the discs separates after several removals from the center holder/lock. Whatever it's called.

Ha, awesome! I've been scanning mine for years now ... I hate having to locate a disc in my vast collection (and poorly organized), to look up something, so I go to my scans.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: March 14, 2024 09:36

You can’t beat Blu-ray, the picture is always better if only marginally but the biggest gain is the song list being available while another song is playing, no backwards and forwards to main menus. I’m happy with the release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-14 09:37 by flairville.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 14, 2024 16:47

hockenheim95
LondonLee

I never understood why people like to watch a 720x567 resolution DVD on their 4k resolution screens. It just doesn't make sense to me. But of course with many vault shows we get only SD quality on Blu Ray too. It's Just a general thing.

Well, I guess there are many people who don't own a 4k screen. I am one!

C

Date: March 14, 2024 17:29

liddas
hockenheim95
LondonLee

Well, I guess there are many people who don't own a 4k screen. I am one!

C

Yes but on a normal HD scren you benefit from Blu Ray the same way. It's a higher resolution and a Blu Ray is maybe 2-3€ more expensive than a DVD.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 15, 2024 17:41

this is a Standard Definition not an HD Blu Ray because of the original taped source I guess

Anyway got it yesterday and enjoied it very much. Maybe a too frenzy editing with too many close up but the performance is really really good to my ears and so is the sound

highlights for me: live with me, no expectations, straycat and thru and thru

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-15 17:44 by maumau.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 15, 2024 18:59

I'm loving the stereo sound. Don't have the video version yet. But today I managed to find the copper/black swirl LP. Yahoo!

Posted by: ds1984 ()
Date: March 15, 2024 19:12

I watched it once and I can't really say I enjoyed it compared to the 1995 club show.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 16, 2024 00:24

Live at the Wiltern debuts at #95 in the UK Albums Chart, 40 Licks is still there at #75 too.

[www.officialcharts.com]

From Music Week:

"It is the first instance of British acts debuting at No.1 for two weeks in a row in Germany since Dickinson’s band, Iron Maiden toppled Motorhead from the chart summit in 2015. Two other albums by high-profile acts which fall short of the UK Top 75 this week also make the Top 10 in Germany: The Rolling Stones opening at No.4 with Live At The Wiltern; and Norah Jones at No.7 with Visions. The albums debut at No.95 (1,721 sales) and No.80 (1,910 sales) in the UK, respectively."

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: March 16, 2024 02:31

Every cardboard packaged cd I get, I put into small ziplock baggies. Give me the old plastic cases any day, fragile hinges and all, over cardboard packaging. The old 1980s heavy duty plastic cases being the best; in fact when I run across places dumping old cds for next to nothing, I'll buy some cds I don't want to then toss them if they're in the heavier cases that are still in good shape. Then re-purpose the cases.

The Wiltern Theatre concert: I picked up the bluray and 2 cd set this week, and have been enjoying the heck out of both of them. Wonderful setlist. The kind of setlist few ever have had or ever will have the privilege of experiencing in person.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: March 16, 2024 09:28

anybody know where the bluray Is still available?

Date: March 16, 2024 09:36

Whale

Where do you live? Here in Germany it's available on every online store

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: March 16, 2024 09:55

Whale

I called the record store I shop at a week ago. They had sold through their initial stock but re-ordered and got more in within 3 days.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 16, 2024 10:45

Whale

Still available in the official RS store, for other shops see the list on SDE - [iorr.org] . See also here - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: March 17, 2024 23:24

Mabru
philrock90
Will they complete the trilogy and release a stadium show?

Hopefully the full Twickenham show is my guess. I don’t expect the fully filmed Amsterdam show from august 2003 which has a major f### up in brown sugar although 3 songs were bonus tracks on a previous release

The double CD "Live Licks" included songs from 4 shows:
- Los Angeles November 4, 2002 -released March 2024 (Live At The Wiltern)
- New York City, January 18, 2003 -released June 2022 (Licked Live In NYC)
- Paris July 11, 2003
- Twickenham August 24, 2003

The first four shows have already been released in full, so I assume the other two (Paris and Twickenham) will be as well in the future. I hope so !.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-17 23:27 by Ricky.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2032
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home