Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 5 of 11
Re: LIVE AT THE WILTERN - Official Release of Complete Show!!
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 29, 2024 15:59

Would be great to hear She Smiled Sweetly in soundboard quality. I’m sure it came off amazing like Lady Jane London 2012. Also criminal that it probably won’t be released. These are songs I wish they would play this year. Fingers crossed.

Date: January 29, 2024 16:02

frankotero
Would be great to hear She Smiled Sweetly in soundboard quality. I’m sure it came off amazing like Lady Jane London 2012. Also criminal that it probably won’t be released. These are songs I wish they would play this year. Fingers crossed.

Good one!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: January 29, 2024 20:57

Mathijs

Because they spend 5 weeks mixing and mastering the LYL album in one the world's most expensive studios with the best engineers of the time, whereas the El Mocambo release likely took one morning mixing and one afternoon mastering using standard ProTools plug ins on the now infamous 'Rolling Stones' and 'Mick Jagger' settings.

Mathijs

I agree and still love all the Mocambo releases. Such a good vibe. Anyway - back to the topic of this thread: LIVE AT THE WILTERN.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 30, 2024 14:31

StonedRambler

But yeah, some of his [Sam Wheat] mixes are horrible (like Copacabana or VL Uncut)

VL Uncut is appalling...

...sounds like it was recorded on a Dictaphone outside the stadium, transferred to cassette tape and then mastered from a fourth generation copy !

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: January 30, 2024 15:17

Spud
StonedRambler

But yeah, some of his [Sam Wheat] mixes are horrible (like Copacabana or VL Uncut)

VL Uncut is appalling...

...sounds like it was recorded on a Dictaphone outside the stadium, transferred to cassette tape and then mastered from a fourth generation copy !

Ithink it has too much bass and middle, usually I turn donwn the bass a lot and some of the middle, turn up the volume and it sounds pretty good

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: January 30, 2024 15:23

dedospegajosos
Spud
StonedRambler

VL Uncut is appalling...

Ithink it has too much bass and middle, usually I turn donwn the bass a lot and some of the middle, turn up the volume and it sounds pretty good

When VL Uncut came out I was baffled by the clean and weak sound, especially having had a recording of the original broadcast, which sounded pretty strong in my opinion.
But after a while you get used to it, and I no longer am bothered by it and just enjoy the show. You adjust in your mind, as it were.

Date: January 30, 2024 16:06

There is no way they had access to the multitracks on VL Uncut. It sounds like they just drenched the VHS-recording in lots of filters. It sounds like a fog, where it's impossible to hear the individual instruments, especially the guitars.

Too bad. I liked their sound on that tour.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 30, 2024 16:30

DandelionPowderman
There is no way they had access to the multitracks on VL Uncut. It sounds like they just drenched the VHS-recording in lots of filters. It sounds like a fog, where it's impossible to hear the individual instruments, especially the guitars.

Too bad. I liked their sound on that tour.

But Voodoo Lounge in Japan and Copacabana both only sound very slightly better. All 3 sound like you're in the bathroom of the stadium. I can't Imagine they didn't use multitracks for all three shows. But something must be different as Sam Wheat did mix the excellent sounding Atlantic City, LA 75 and Wiltern (BBC Broadcast). I even prefer them over the Clearmountain mixes of Tokyo 90 and LA 75.

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: February 16, 2024 08:12

We do we get a single or track from the show?

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 17, 2024 15:15

I ordered this release can't wait for it. I wish they would release a live rarities disc/lp and master it properly.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: February 18, 2024 03:39

Looking forward to this immensely. Licks was the last gasp of something, I think.

Posted by: ds1984 ()
Date: February 18, 2024 13:42

tommycharles
Looking forward to this immensely. Licks was the last gasp of something, I think.

I feel the same.

When I heard some 2006 shows something did not sound right.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 19, 2024 02:21

ds1984
tommycharles

I feel the same.

well you could be referring to post-coconut tree Keef.

Date: February 19, 2024 10:47

treaclefingers
ds1984
tommycharles

I feel the same.

Sadly so.

...and the pre bump on the noggin shows from the ABB tour were different to the post bump on the noggin shows when the tour resumed.

The detailed consequences and affects of Keith's mishap have never been any of our business...but the results were there to be heard.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 19, 2024 11:04

I blame Keith's ugly stache.

Date: February 19, 2024 13:09

Topi
I blame Keith's ugly stache.

And that bloody scarf !

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: February 26, 2024 21:00

Surprised nobody got an advanced copy yet

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 26, 2024 21:10

Bashlets

Because official release date is March 8, 2024 ?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 27, 2024 00:08

Spud
treaclefingers
ds1984
tommycharles

I feel the same.

Sadly so.

...and the pre bump on the noggin shows from the ABB tour were different to the post bump on the noggin shows when the tour resumed.

The detailed consequences and affects of Keith's mishap have never been any of our business...but the results were there to be heard.

they found something again from time to time after 2012 not the same something they had during the licks tour but still something

Date: February 27, 2024 10:21

oh yeah

...plenty of good nights since ...and a good few still to come we hope.

Date: March 2, 2024 17:24

Date: March 2, 2024 17:26

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: March 2, 2024 19:56

Irix
Bashlets

Because official release date is March 8, 2024 ?

I got it, this is the live album for diehard fans, with a set list we’d all die for.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 2, 2024 20:44

[youtu.be]

Keith is VERY loud in the mix

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: March 2, 2024 21:04

hockenheim95
[youtu.be]

Damn! That was good.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 2, 2024 21:25

roller99

I got it, this is the live album for diehard fans, with a set list we’d all die for.

Because you're a journalist and can therefore listen to the new release for reviews.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: March 2, 2024 23:08

hockenheim95
[youtu.be]

I honestly don't get the fuzz about the 2002-2003 tour. Keith is more focused on his moves than on his playing and Ronnie seems drunk and unfocused as well.
Mick and Charlie deliver though - as always.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 2, 2024 23:23

StonedRambler
hockenheim95
[youtu.be]

I honestly don't get the fuzz about the 2002-2003 tour. Keith is more focused on his moves than on his playing and Ronnie seems drunk and unfocused as well.
I've always assumed it largely has to do with the different sets depending on the venue they were playing on the Licks tour. It felt like they'd opened things up a bit more and were trying to really do a different special thing than they had in the past. It felt more retrospective and, while they were already old then, they weren't AS old as they are now so I can understand though slightly disagree that this was the last time they "tried".

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: March 3, 2024 00:29

RollingFreak
StonedRambler
hockenheim95
[youtu.be]

I've always assumed it largely has to do with the different sets depending on the venue they were playing on the Licks tour. It felt like they'd opened things up a bit more and were trying to really do a different special thing than they had in the past. It felt more retrospective and, while they were already old then, they weren't AS old as they are now so I can understand though slightly disagree that this was the last time they "tried".

That makes sense. And the concept of playing three different types of venues with different setlists was cool indeed.

But playing wise I have to say they got so much better from 2012 on. Ronnie and Keith focus more on their playing instead of posing around - even if they play more simple things. But of course the energy was different back then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-03 00:34 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: March 3, 2024 01:20

I'm realy looking forward to enjoy this show. We Stones fans are lucky being spoiled with constant touring, a new album and great releases of shows from every tour.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 5 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2498
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home