Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 2 of 11
Re: LIVE AT THE WILTERN - Official Release of Complete Show!!
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 9, 2024 14:17

Muddyw
Now let's hope it is mixed decent, like the Mocambo Live, and it won't sound anything like Live Licks or Four Flicks. There is something off on those.

I am 99% Sure it'll be the same mix as the BBC Broadcast from 2022. Guitars upfront!

Judge yourself:

[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: January 9, 2024 14:31

Mick is superb on Wiltern Stray Cat Blues, but Keith kind of ruins it with his terrible playing.

The Stockholm version was a bit of trainwreck.

I guess the Olympia version is the best one from 2003.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-09 14:38 by yeababyyea.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 9, 2024 17:14

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 9, 2024 17:20

Live At The Wiltern (Los Angeles) - 8-Mar-2024:

BR+2CD - [Platenzaak.nl] , [www.Bravado.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.Fnac.com]

DVD+2CD - [Platenzaak.nl] , [www.Bravado.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.Fnac.com]

2CD - [Platenzaak.nl] , [www.Bravado.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.Fnac.com]

3LP Black - [Platenzaak.nl] , [www.Bravado.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.Fnac.com]

3LP Gold - [Platenzaak.nl] , [www.Bravado.de], [TheSoundOfVinyl.com] , [Store.uDiscoverMusic.com]

3LP Bronze Swirl - [www.jpc.de] , [www.Fnac.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-09 19:30 by Irix.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 9, 2024 17:36

Enmore Licks Theatre show in Sydney please!! DVD so I can see myself!! I can dream…

In the meantime, this looks fantastic!! Can’t wait.

Rod

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 9, 2024 17:43

hockenheim95
Muddyw
Now let's hope it is mixed decent, like the Mocambo Live, and it won't sound anything like Live Licks or Four Flicks. There is something off on those.

I am 99% Sure it'll be the same mix as the BBC Broadcast from 2022. Guitars upfront!

Judge yourself:

[m.youtube.com]

That was NICE

Rod

Date: January 9, 2024 17:45

Japanese releases - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: January 9, 2024 17:50

Irix

No extras ??

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 9, 2024 17:54

Mabru
Irix

No extras ??

If you consider the history regarding why the Japanese releases have bonus tracks, I do whether the concept is warranted in the streaming-age. Is there really such a huge black market for CD's in Japan, today? My understanding is that they added bonus tracks as an incentive for the would-be Japanese consumer to not look for 'cheaper alternatives' I suppose one could argue that it's more a 'tradition thing' these days, perhaps.

Date: January 9, 2024 17:55

Mabru

No extras ??

"10.01.2024

THE ROLLING STONES - LIVE AT THE WILTERN

Release date: 8 Mar 2024

Live show in November 2002 at a venue of 2,000 people with a setlist full of rare songs. First release as a packaged product! With Japanese subtitles!

The Rolling Stones Licks World Tour celebrated the band's 40th anniversary with 117 shows and grossed more than $300 million in sales on the back of the compilation album Forty Licks, also released to mark the 40th anniversary, 2002. It was one of the most successful tours of 2002 and 2003.

The highlight of the tour was a performance at Los Angeles' Wiltern Theatre on 04 November, a small 2,000-capacity venue that offered a respite from the world-class stadiums and arenas. As gems such as 'Stray Cat Blues', 'No Expectations' and (performed to perfection with Solomon Burke, co-creator of the 1964 soul classic) 'Everybody Needs Somebody To Love' echoed through the venue, Fans realised that they too were witnessing a special moment.

Over 80 songs from all eras of the band's unique and illustrious history were performed on the tour. Mick Jagger played guitar, harmonica and keyboards at the various stops. Keith Richards continued to provide visual and musical highlights throughout the night with his excellent guitar and vocals. Ronnie Wood's guitar work on the lower side of the stage seamlessly complemented Richards' playing. Drummer Charlie Watts (1941-2021), as always, delivered the heart-and-soul backbeat that propelled the band forward. Top-notch musicians bassist Darryl Jones, keyboardist Chuck Leavell, saxophonist Bobby Keys and backing vocalists Lisa Fisher, Bernard Fowler and Blondie Chaplin all added immensely to the band added immeasurably greater colour to the band.

With Tom Petty, Neil Young, Sheryl Crow, Johnny Depp, Stephen Stills and Eddie Murphy in the audience, The Rolling Stones pushed on and put on one of their best shows to date.

Ronnie Wood declared: 'We didn't want to get through the whole tour with a run-of-the-mill show. We wanted to play songs you wouldn't expect.' Mick Jagger adds: 'It makes it more interesting for the audience and for the band. We're taking more time and thought into the setlist than we ever have before.' Keith Richards agrees: 'Sometimes when you're on tour, sometimes the weather is bad or half the band is down for whatever reason. But apart from those obviously depressing days, there's a surprisingly fresh feeling in everyone' (from Paul Sexton's liner notes).

Formats include DVD+2CD, Blu-ray+2CD, 2CD and 3LP [3 types: black (import only), gold = UNIVERSAL MUSIC STORE exclusive (import only), black & bronze marble = RS No.9 (HARAJUKU shop & special website exclusive)]."

[www.Universal-Music.co.jp]

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: January 9, 2024 18:51

Another link (France) for the 3LP Gold edition :

[vinylcollector.store]

Date: January 9, 2024 19:10

Live at the Wiltern - Editions overview:

[TheRollingStonesShop.com] , [TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk] , [SuperDeluxeEdition.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-10 13:55 by Irix.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 9, 2024 19:59

I was waiting for those Linx!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 9, 2024 20:42

Big Al
Mabru
Irix

No extras ??

If you consider the history regarding why the Japanese releases have bonus tracks, I do whether the concept is warranted in the streaming-age. Is there really such a huge black market for CD's in Japan, today? My understanding is that they added bonus tracks as an incentive for the would-be Japanese consumer to not look for 'cheaper alternatives' I suppose one could argue that it's more a 'tradition thing' these days, perhaps.

I think the CD market in Japan is still pretty strong, as evidenced by the number of releases that do still contain bonus material there vs. elsewhere. If this is the whole show, it would be hard to add any bonus content except maybe the Obi strip.

Date: January 9, 2024 20:43

Irix
Mabru

No extras ??

"10.01.2024

THE ROLLING STONES - LIVE AT THE WILTERN

Release date: 8 Mar 2024

Live show in November 2002 at a venue of 2,000 people with a setlist full of rare songs. First release as a packaged product! With Japanese subtitles!

The Rolling Stones Licks World Tour celebrated the band's 40th anniversary with 117 shows and grossed more than $300 million in sales on the back of the compilation album Forty Licks, also released to mark the 40th anniversary, 2002. It was one of the most successful tours of 2002 and 2003.

The highlight of the tour was a performance at Los Angeles' Wiltern Theatre on 04 November, a small 2,000-capacity venue that offered a respite from the world-class stadiums and arenas. As gems such as 'Stray Cat Blues', 'No Expectations' and (performed to perfection with Solomon Burke, co-creator of the 1964 soul classic) 'Everybody Needs Somebody To Love' echoed through the venue, Fans realised that they too were witnessing a special moment.

Over 80 songs from all eras of the band's unique and illustrious history were performed on the tour. Mick Jagger played guitar, harmonica and keyboards at the various stops. Keith Richards continued to provide visual and musical highlights throughout the night with his excellent guitar and vocals. Ronnie Wood's guitar work on the lower side of the stage seamlessly complemented Richards' playing. Drummer Charlie Watts (1941-2021), as always, delivered the heart-and-soul backbeat that propelled the band forward. Top-notch musicians bassist Darryl Jones, keyboardist Chuck Leavell, saxophonist Bobby Keys and backing vocalists Lisa Fisher, Bernard Fowler and Blondie Chaplin all added immensely to the band added immeasurably greater colour to the band.

With Tom Petty, Neil Young, Sheryl Crow, Johnny Depp, Stephen Stills and Eddie Murphy in the audience, The Rolling Stones pushed on and put on one of their best shows to date.

Ronnie Wood declared: 'We didn't want to get through the whole tour with a run-of-the-mill show. We wanted to play songs you wouldn't expect.' Mick Jagger adds: 'It makes it more interesting for the audience and for the band. We're taking more time and thought into the setlist than we ever have before.' Keith Richards agrees: 'Sometimes when you're on tour, sometimes the weather is bad or half the band is down for whatever reason. But apart from those obviously depressing days, there's a surprisingly fresh feeling in everyone' (from Paul Sexoton's liner notes).

Formats include DVD+2CD, Blu-ray+2CD, 2CD and 3LP [3 types: black (import only), gold = UNIVERSAL MUSIC STORE exclusive (import only), black & bronze marble = RS No.9 (HARAJUKU shop & special website exclusive)]."

[www.Universal-Music.co.jp]

Got a chuckle out of that, Irix!!! grinning smiley

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: January 9, 2024 20:49

Hate that they don't have a version with vinyl + blue ray.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: January 9, 2024 21:33

Rip This
this is a WOW!

Certainly is! Loved almost every archive release since these began over a decade ago. Having the full Wiltern will be wonderful!

Re: Live At The Wiltern!!
Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: January 9, 2024 21:33

The Wiltern being the first of the 2002 Club shows to be fully released ...so maybe they will release Boston and all the others in the future too??[/quote

I was at the Boston Orpheum too. Of my 41, and counting, shows - still stands as the best, not only due to the cozy confines (3, maybe 4,000) but the killer set list - which pretty much mirrors this. Exciting news!

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: January 9, 2024 21:47

Besides Wiltern and Olympia which other clubshows are fully filmed?
We know a full pro shot of Circus Krone Munich exists and some footage from Utrecht was broadcasted on tv. Maybe we can expect more clubshow releases

Date: January 9, 2024 23:14

These multiple colored variants are killing my damn wallet!! LOL But this is precisely the type of thing that I need to start compiling a list of - what versions I have/don't have!!!! Otherwise I'll never know what's missing from the collection!!

Posted by: ds1984 ()
Date: January 9, 2024 23:24

Ordered.

"THE WILTERN" name always remind me of Tom Petty & The HeartBreakers live footage from 1985.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-09 23:27 by ds1984.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: January 10, 2024 09:27

oh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-11 12:40 by wiredallnight.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 10, 2024 11:49

I watched a bit of the Toronto Palais Royale club show on YT. It's not bad - Torn & Frayed is a dog's dinner, while If You Can't Rock Me was pretty good - maybe this will be a candidate for a future official release?

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: January 10, 2024 14:12

Mabru
Besides Wiltern and Olympia which other clubshows are fully filmed?
We know a full pro shot of Circus Krone Munich exists and some footage from Utrecht was broadcasted on tv. Maybe we can expect more clubshow releases

We were certain to have a 2003 Olympia release few years ago.
Nothing happened.

Like Abattoirs 1976.
For this one, I'm afraid that It'll never come out. A problem between the heirs of the director (Freddy Hausser) if I understand correctly (children of two different marriages).

Date: January 10, 2024 15:53

This must be the earliest available video in HD quality. NYC was released in SD only.

Date: January 10, 2024 15:55

Looks like Japan is SHM CDs. That's about it for bonuses there.

Date: January 10, 2024 16:53

hockenheim95
Muddyw

Judge yourself:

[m.youtube.com]

I hope you're right, although many other releases shown on tv got a (often inferior) remix later. A couple of tracks were also included on Live Licks, so it will be interesting doing a comparison later.

First half of SCB is Keith re-learning the song. The last half is fantastic, with an unbelievable energy thumbs up

Date: January 10, 2024 17:03

DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
Muddyw

Judge yourself:

[m.youtube.com]

I hope you're right, although many other releases shown on tv got a (often inferior) remix later. A couple of tracks were also included on Live Licks, so it will be interesting doing a comparison later.

First half of SCB is Keith re-learning the song. The last half is fantastic, with an unbelievable energy thumbs up

But the Wiltern show from BBC is already a new mix from 2022. You're refering to Live Broadcasts (PPV) like Newark, Bremen, Licks NYC which were priginally a live mix. They remixed them for the releases.

Date: January 10, 2024 17:10

hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
Muddyw

Judge yourself:

[m.youtube.com]

But the Wiltern show from BBC is already a new mix from 2022. You're refering to Live Broadcasts (PPV) like Newark, Bremen, Licks NYC which were priginally a live mix. They remixed them for the releases.

That is indeed a good point, although it begs the question: Why did they show parts of it on the BBC and didn't release it last year? A teaser?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing what Ronnie really played on CYHMK prior to his solo (haven't watched the BBC broadcast, if it's there).

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: January 10, 2024 17:38

ordered the bronze/black swirl one from [www.fnac.com] (including P+P to the Netherlands € 52,82 smiling smiley)
hope they release the other shows too, i was at vredenburg in 2003 smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-10 20:40 by MononoM.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 2 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2378
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home