Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Rest in peace, David Soul
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 5, 2024 19:04

Re: OT: Rest in peace, David Soul
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 6, 2024 10:04

What? No Starsky and Hutch fans? I thought, that with all the Boomers amongst us, there'd be a few posting here. The show is before my time, so I can't comment; and I don't remember seeing repeats during the 90's. I was also unware that he sang and had a couple of #1's.

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: January 6, 2024 10:44

Big Al
What? No Starsky and Hutch fans? I thought, that with all the Boomers amongst us, there'd be a few posting here. The show is before my time, so I can't comment; and I don't remember seeing repeats during the 90's. I was also unware that he sang and had a couple of #1's.

I was only 7 y/o when S & H first aired. My mom didn't let me watch crime dramas unless she was watching it herself. And Mom preferred Columbo. But not even a fugitive could escape his hit song'Don't Give Up On Us' in 1976. Or maybe my Mom just played it a lot. Anyways, I remember his voice more than his acting. Obviously a talented person. RIP.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 7, 2024 02:40

Big Al

I used to watch every week growing up in the 70s in Scotland. Loved that big red car with the white stripe and all the supporting cast, notably permastoned club owner Huggy Bear and their grumpy boss. David Soul lived over on this side of the pond for decades and was actually a dual citizen. Given his past battles with the booze, 80 was a very decent innings. Remember the singing career too. RIP

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 7, 2024 07:19

Big Al
What? No Starsky and Hutch fans?

Don't give up on us, baby.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 20, 2024 03:38

I remember David god bless you.Thanks for all the memories.

Date: January 20, 2024 12:21

In my city, the series had such an impact that it became a trend to paint sports cars in the style of the detective couple. We're talking about a city in a country located on another continent...

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: January 20, 2024 14:26

I was too youg in the seventies to realy watch and appreciate Starksy and Hutch, but I remember the opening credits, where you saw the car driving around garbage bins in narrow alleys and I thought that was very cool as a child.

It was also quite something here in the Netherlands that our own Monique van de Ven ("Turkish Delight") participated in one of the episodes.

I also thought Soul was very good and cool in the tv version of Stephen King's "Salem's lot".

R.I.P. David Soul

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2357
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home