Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Next Generation IORR
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: January 20, 2024 20:26

Thanks for all BV.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: January 22, 2024 09:01

Thank you so much for all the work and time
you've put into IORR in all these years!
This forum has been part of my life as well...
I hope there will be friends as dedicated
as you are - ready, willin', able to keep the flame burning.

Posted by: frtylicks ()
Date: January 22, 2024 09:16

Thanks for the great ride BV!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 24, 2024 10:52

Thanks for all your great hard work to keep this site going. It was very informative. Happy retirement, see you soon.

Posted by: MegabenAustralia ()
Date: January 24, 2024 12:02

WHAAAAT? Time Waits for No One..... I met you once, in Sydney in 2003, 'and I like'd it'. Thank you, checked in (almost) every single day since 2003.... Bless you smiling smiley

Posted by: BlueLands ()
Date: January 25, 2024 10:04

This is my second ever post. newbie here.

Just gotta pay it forward to BV for all of his dedicated work over the decades. Never met the man, but, to know him, is to love him. Namaste brother. Namaste.

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: January 26, 2024 16:36

Thank you BV! I don't often post however I have followed IORR since the mid 90's and has been my go to for Stones info and tour planning. I hope things move forward 'in a good way'. Thanks for a lifetime of hard work for this site and I look forward to it to continue being my go to for Stones info.smileys with beer

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: January 27, 2024 07:48

This is the only site I enter almost every day! IORR has been part of my daily rutine since the last 17 years!
I learned a lot about my favorite band!
I also made good friends, contacted and met great people!
I considerably increased my music collection!
And I even read English frequently!
All thanks to you BV, The Rolling the Stones and the wonderful members of this forum!
I can't be more grateful and happy!

Posted by: StonedInGva ()
Date: January 27, 2024 23:20

Dear BV, just want to add my voice to all the messages of gratitude that have already been sent to you. I have been hooked on the Stones since the sixties and on IORR probably not long after it started. It took an IT person to make it happen in this manner. A perfect music site for a most extraordinary band. I cannot thank you enough. All the best for you and your family.

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: January 29, 2024 15:43

Just read the news - thank you for all the work you have done, with the homepage also with the iorr magazines you had in the past. it was a great journey here with all the great people. enjoy your new life smiling smiley

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: January 29, 2024 16:49

BV, I can only echo what has already been said. A long time lurker, I finally joined 18 years ago. I still have a copy or two of the original magazine too. This is a great site for information exchange, opinions and rumours. Apart from entertainment and gaining knowledge, I've found it particularly valuable with regard to ticket sales, pre and post show meet ups, etc. I've met some wonderful people through this site and my life has been richer as a result. I really can't thank you enough for everything you've put into this. As a newly retired guy myself, I wish you all the very best for your retirement.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: January 31, 2024 09:33

Hello BV! Looking around for a Stones outlet, I joined your IORR forum when I was 37 years old (hense my handle, "stones fan 37") and now, many years later at age 58, I can honestly say that I have thoroughly enjoyed visiting this site on a nearly daily basis over these past 21 years (and counting)! The shared information and knowledge amongst all these awesome fans has been top notch, and it all begins with your dedication and hard work in providing for us all such a fantastic forum! I want to thank you so much for all of your time and efforts, and I wish you only the best and for much happiness in your retirement days ahead. Cheers!

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: February 4, 2024 21:14

Don’t wanna be the last poster on this thread to thank bv for his passion, labour of love and painstaking task of moderation over the years!

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: February 4, 2024 21:47

Thank you so much BV...you have done so much for so many Stones fans around the world, without any pay and moved only by great passion and selflessness.

Posted by: stonemexico ()
Date: February 5, 2024 04:14

Thanks for all your hard work BV.
Sincerely
Salvador Velazco. Gil
Tijuana,Baja California,Mexico.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: February 5, 2024 05:39

Thank you very much, Bjornulf.

Not only for your hard work and passion to keep your faboulus site running for so many years
but also for your incredible patience.
It's been a pleasure and joy to read and be informed almost daily for such a long time.

IORR has and will always have a special place at my personal Memory Motel.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 5, 2024 12:51

I suspect BV did not intend this thread to be an endless list of folks thanking him for iorr and for all his tireless work down the years...

...but I'm glad it did turn into such a thread...because BV should know how much we have all appreciated his efforts and thank him from our hearts.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: February 5, 2024 18:38

Certainly we have always understood that to create this site, was a major achievement, a feat. What we are more slowly learning in the recent weeks, as we have been brought to think more thoroughly through it than earlier, is that to have managed this site and especially its forum over the years, is a major achievement as well. I want to join all others in thanking you, bv, for that.

Then I wonder: What solutions can be found for a different kind of continuation? I do not think about the more or less technical aspects. Those may possibly involve two separate forums, if I have understood what you were planning, bv. One forum would be a closed "Tell Me" forum, where we hopefully would have all facilities as of now, related to reading. With a Search-function as today, also available later. Then there may exist the possibility of a second forum, a "Tell Me 2". If we would continue discussions on a "Tell Me 2" from "Tell Me 1", we could refer to side page "xxxx" and line "yy" for a named subject there. But not create a link between posts and threads in the new and the older "Tell Me". But thinkably instead refer as suggested to side and line on the closed forum and maybe copy the contents of a post from there in a post in the new forum. Something like that.

What I instead wondered about, is the financial side of it. How will able successor(s) to bv, in the role as manager of "IORR 2", obtain their adequate financial reward for their services? Maybe by writing this, I am constructing a problem that does not exit. Then I would like to apologize. But if it is a possible problem, then what? I have for instance been thinking that I myself might be willing to pay for instançe up to 100 dollars a year to be able to continue reading discussions on a "Tell Me 2 " and sometimes write a few posts myself. Thinking that this might apply for a "Tell Me 2", While reading on the "Tell Me 1" ought to be free as now. My question is whether this have some relevance. If it has, what size of amounts would be necessary, and what will in that case be the reactions from other posters.

I wonder, bv, have I completely misunderstood and constructed a problem that does not exist? Or may thoughts such as these make sense? I ask because I fear that there will not follow a second and separate new site "IORR 2" with a "Tell Me 2".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-05 18:42 by Witness.

BV IORR Future
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: February 8, 2024 13:43

Is it worth selling Bjorn? Obviously a treasure trove of information, A.I. could aggregate it I guess into Links & Storylines/Anecdotes etc.

Is this an option, as opposed to the forever dream of freeserving costing unknown amounts. I've been here since 2008 or so & have spent countless hours ingesting the content of posters here & past, lapping up the most brilliant Stones content imaginable..

But are we soon to be archive site.. YES

how do we move forward.. as we always have, with shared content

Re: BV IORR Future
Date: February 8, 2024 14:25

<I need to outsource most of my workload, otherwise there will be no more candle to burn. I need to find Stones fans I trust, who would be interested in working with the next generation IORR, first of all the New Forum>

Doesn't sound like «selling it» to me. However, you should ask Bjørnulf this question in a private email, imo.

Re: BV IORR Future
Date: February 8, 2024 15:00

I think that BV's site is not for sale. And rightfully so. He's too much of a Stones fan to sell his soul.

Maybe someone should download the entire site and print and publish it like a classic encyclopaedia. For free.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-08 15:03 by TheflyingDutchman.

Re: Next Generation IORR - Comments
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 8, 2024 17:07

Dear Bjornulf,

The entire dynamic of the web has changed.
The entire dynamic of the industry has changed.
The entire dynamic of the fanbase has changed.

As artists regularly cash out and sell their entire catalogs for huge money now you should rethink your stance, albeit admirable, about the "not for sale"...

In my not-so-humble opinion, you should sell this site to The Rolling Stones or perhaps the highest bidder right away.

The time is right. The value of this site will only decrease with time.
I, for one, wouldn't begrudge you at all for cashing out and enjoying a well-deserved retirement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-08 17:08 by Kurt.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home