Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The story behind Keith’s Honeymoon Tapes?
Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: December 29, 2023 11:52

I’ve always wondered this. What was the occasion behind Keith’s honeymoon session? Yes, I know, wedding.

I just got the 2cd set. Who else attended this, there seems to be more than Keith and Patti in the room. And why would one record your honeymoon strummings? And what, 51 songs? ”Listen to me, dear Patti, when I sing you these 51 songs, I just plug in my electric guitar and put the tape running.” Huh?!

Was there a hotel room jam session prior to wedding? A bachelor party? And this recording is from there?

Re: The story behind Keith’s Honeymoon Tapes?
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 29, 2023 12:26

padre69
I’ve always wondered this. What was the occasion behind Keith’s honeymoon session? Yes, I know, wedding.

I just got the 2cd set. Who else attended this, there seems to be more than Keith and Patti in the room. And why would one record your honeymoon strummings? And what, 51 songs? ”Listen to me, dear Patti, when I sing you these 51 songs, I just plug in my electric guitar and put the tape running.” Huh?!

Was there a hotel room jam session prior to wedding? A bachelor party? And this recording is from there?

A private party in a large and luxurious hotel room after Keith's wedding. Keith is humming away while having a good time. The reason why it is recorded is that he is Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones.

Mathijs

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 29, 2023 17:56

Its not every day you get to hear a megastar farting on tape.

Not once, but twice!

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 29, 2023 18:05

Lol

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 31, 2023 19:22

Pretty sure I got this digitally stored somewhere,however it might take some finding.Seen the bootleg vinyl in record fairs over the years.
Anybody got a link to a download version?
Cheers

Date: December 31, 2023 20:09

It's running too fast. Keith sounds like a chipmunk smiling smiley

Date: January 1, 2024 04:12

stargroover
Lol

Its true though. Fast forward 40 years and no way are you going to hear Swifty 'treating' her fans to an audio experience like that one.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: January 2, 2024 03:45

I am the farthest thing from a Swiftie...but didn't she invite fans to her house to listen to new material? I can see Keith doing that... but not Mick!

I do admire some things about her. Those huge tips to the truck drivers and staff. I wish that had come from the Stones. I give her credit for that and how she treats her fans.

Date: January 2, 2024 04:45

I think you missed the 'audio experience' I was referring to.

Date: January 2, 2024 10:11

grinning smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 2, 2024 10:12

Gazza
I think you missed the 'audio experience' I was referring to.

Well women do not fart. Nope. Never.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2102
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home