Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
The Blur frontman/singer Damon Albarn “really pissed off” by The Rolling Stones
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: December 8, 2023 16:18

Damon sounds a little jealous here?
He should respect his elders! tongue sticking out smiley

[faroutmagazine.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-08 19:59 by bv.

Re: Damon Albarn says he was “really pissed off” by The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 8, 2023 16:27

Get on yer bike, Damo winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-08 17:03 by Big Al.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 8, 2023 16:43

Big Al
I like Damon, and I like Blur.

Keith also used to shoot off his mouth about other artists. Someone gives you a forum and you use it. They're just opinions and change nothing other than how much you like or dislike the loudmouth in the moment.

[edited in fairness to a fellow IORRian]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-08 17:46 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: December 8, 2023 17:03

Rocky Dijon
Big Al

Keith also used to shoot off his mouth about other artists. Someone gives you a forum and you use it. They're just opinions and change nothing other than how much you like or dislike the loudmouth in the moment. A bit like referencing politics when it's only going to get you in trouble.

I'll edit my post winking smiley

Posted by: mattstones ()
Date: December 8, 2023 17:07

Empty vessels make the most noise.

Date: December 8, 2023 17:08

The only news bible you'll ever need, MailOnline, are also covering the story!

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 8, 2023 17:14

"accused the band of objectifying Sydney Sweeney"

LMAO. This idiot does not get the irony? 60 years ago the band irated people who were 30 years older than them.
Now Mick and the boys irate people who are 30 years younger than them.

Is not that wonderful?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: December 8, 2023 17:33

Who is that guy? Is he as important as he thinks he is?

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: December 8, 2023 19:20

Reminds me of Les Nessman.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: December 8, 2023 19:23

StonedRambler
Who is that guy? Is he as important as he thinks he is?
Damon who...? grinning smiley

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 8, 2023 19:30

dcba
"accused the band of objectifying Sydney Sweeney"

That girl loves to objectify herself. It's not the directors etc making her do it. Her Instagram feed, the she does have control over, is also overly sexualized as well. She's gorgeous with a kickin' bod and doesn't have a problem flaunting it. She owns it. The Rolling Stones are just giving her a new forum to do so.
Personally, I would have loved the whole video of just the billboards. I thought her rolling around on the car was super cliche, seen enough of that in the 80s/90s.

I like Damon Albarn, but don't like when he rags on other artists. I don't like when Keith does it either though.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 8, 2023 19:32

Who cares? It's just an opinion. And he is right about the album name - it's very far fetched.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 8, 2023 19:58

The Blur (Britpop) singer is just angry, may be also a bit jealous, because he is from Hackney, and The Rolling Stones did not do anything in or for Hackney, he says. Just like they did not do anything much in Babylon, or during the Big Bang may be...

This is from the Mail Online article:

Damon Albarn has slammed The Rolling Stones for 'objectifying' Sydney Sweeney in the music video for their new song Angry.

The Blur frontman, 55, slammed the band's album Hackney Diamonds - that was released in October - before noting that the actress' racy cameo in the video was 'completely disconnected.'

Damon also criticised the Stones - comprised of Sir Mick Jagger, 80, Keith Richards, 79, and Ronnie Wood, 76 - for naming their new release after Hackney, claiming they've 'never contributed to anything' in the area.

The outspoken Gorillaz musician told French publication Les Inrockuptibles that his 'family lives in Hackey' and he wasn't impressed when the band promoted their new album at the Hackney Empire.

He said, 'They've never did a thing in Hackney, they've never played there, never contributed to anything. They just showed up. It's all nonsense.'

Bjornulf

Re: The Blur frontman/singer Damon Albarn “really pissed off” by The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: December 8, 2023 20:42

Damon’s always been a bit of a tit he has that whole mockney thing going on.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 8, 2023 21:45

bv

He said, 'They've never did a thing in Hackney, they've never played there, never contributed to anything. They just showed up. It's all nonsense.'

Damon Albarn is wrong about that. From [www.NZentgraf.de] :

02-Feb-1991: London, Hackney Empire, Ron Wood & The Wilfs (benefit-gig for the maternity unit of East London’s Homerton Hospital).

11-Nov-2004: London, Hackney Empire, 'UK Hall Of Fame' ceremony, Ronnie Wood accepts the induction of The Rolling Stones on behalf of the group (aired 14-Nov-2004, UK-TV Channel4).

Re: The Blur frontman/singer Damon Albarn “really pissed off” by The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 9, 2023 01:09

Geeeeeezzz ...Hope nobody stones the windscreen of his Range Rover .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 9, 2023 01:26

the article must have had some of you leaving early....this a bit later on,

"Criticising the band further, Albarn added: “I did all sorts of things, whereas they’ve never been anything other than the Rolling Stones. I love the idea of devoting your life to one thing, in search of the sublime. But the truth is, they’ve become worse.”

“Worse at persisting to stay themselves. That’s something I don’t understand. Making exactly the same music but not that good. There must be no joy in doing something like this,” he concluded."

"I did all sorts of things"...that no one gives a rats *ss about.

He sounds like a very unhappy person.

Posted by: HollywoodStone ()
Date: December 9, 2023 01:39

Sounds like a case of major butthurt

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 9, 2023 05:41

spikenyc

[faroutmagazine.co.uk]

No idea who this toot is.

Obviously he has no idea what he's talking about.

That's how it goes these days with people just saying whatever regardless of truth or facts.

How does he not understand? He's choosing to be ignorant.

He's doing a fantastic job of being an ignoramus.

Date: December 9, 2023 08:24

Paddy
Damon’s always been a bit of a tit he has that whole mockney thing going on.

Exactly! He may have been born in London, but he was raised in Colchester! He’s an Essex lad, just like his great collaborator, Graham Coxon; who, by the way, was the real talent in Blur. Great, innovative guitarist.

Date: December 9, 2023 08:57

Love the guy, love blur, lovr the gorrilaz

Should stick to performing though

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: December 9, 2023 09:27

spikenyc

[faroutmagazine.co.uk]

Absurd criticism!
Damon what the @#$%& are you talking about?!!!
I think the success of this album (especially in UK) has created a lot of envy! grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-09 09:39 by HardRiffin.

Date: December 9, 2023 10:11

treaclefingers

"Criticising the band further, Albarn added: “I did all sorts of things, whereas they’ve never been anything other than the Rolling Stones. I love the idea of devoting your life to one thing, in search of the sublime. But the truth is, they’ve become worse.”

“Worse at persisting to stay themselves. That’s something I don’t understand. Making exactly the same music but not that good. There must be no joy in doing something like this,” he concluded."

Damon is a bit of a genre chameleon: shoe-gaze, BritPop, R&B, Hip-Hop, and 'World Music' He was really into West African music a for a while, with the whole 'African Express' thing. So, he's done a lot. Plenty do care, as Blur sell-out stadiums in the U.K., and their only worthy rival in the 90's were Oasis

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-09 10:12 by Big Al.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 9, 2023 15:29

Big Al
treaclefingers

Damon is a bit of a genre chameleon: shoe-gaze, BritPop, R&B, Hip-Hop, and 'World Music' He was really into West African music a for a while, with the whole 'African Express' thing. So, he's done a lot. Plenty do care, as Blur sell-out stadiums in the U.K., and their only worthy rival in the 90's were Oasis

I do know all that.

The Stones have done blues, r&b, 60s brit pop, psychedelia, country, country-rock, Motown, jazz-rock, gospel, reggae, rock, punk, hard rock, folk rock, baroque pop, raga rock, disco, hip-hop, African music. I'm sure I've missed a few categories but you get the drift.

All within the band itself, never mind outside.

The Stones are musical chameleons over 60 years, he should know that if he knows music...and trying to pick on music icons in their 80s just makes him pathetic. He's just trying to get some press for himself. His time has past and he's jealous.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: December 9, 2023 16:17

I believe the Scottish band Mogwai had an opinion of Damon's main band that was on one of their shirts.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: December 9, 2023 16:28

Happy for him. One vote, one voice - that´s how it should be. Me? Back to Hackney Diamonds. One more listen. smiling smiley

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: December 9, 2023 17:00

grinning smiley tongue sticking out smiley grinning smiley tongue sticking out smiley

It worked. Again. The moral yellers and sreamers accuse the Stones in use of their publicity. And they do it without charging anything.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: December 9, 2023 17:03

He can piss off. Who wants politically correct rock stars?

Luckily, nobody outside the UK even knows who this guy is. Seriously, almost nobody in the United States has heard of him and Blur is a distant memory that had a couple of minor hits decades ago.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: December 9, 2023 17:13

HardRiffin
spikenyc

[faroutmagazine.co.uk]

Absurd criticism!
Damon what the @#$%& are you talking about?!!!
I think the success of this album (especially in UK) has created a lot of envy! grinning smiley

Sums it up, bit of envy there.

Great post summing it up more by dcba above. Allow me quote:

"60 years ago the band irated people who were 30 years older than them.
Now Mick and the boys irate people who are 30 years younger than them"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-09 17:14 by IrelandCalling4.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 9, 2023 18:10

roryg
I believe the Scottish band Mogwai had an opinion of Damon's main band that was on one of their shirts.

RE Mogwai...

"Barry Burns, the group's multi-instrumentalist, once described The Rolling Stones as "possibly the worst band in the history of human events" and shared his hope that guitarist Keith Richards would die on the toilet, then get "eaten by your own dog."

[www.loudersound.com]

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1514
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home