Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: East Rutherford NJ (near NYC) USA 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: StrangeStrayCat ()
Date: December 5, 2023 16:54

That ain't true; I got a Pit at the standard price for both shows, but did not see any other. StubHub and Vivid do offer some.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-05 16:55 by StrangeStrayCat.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 6, 2023 21:55

351 MEADOWLANDS EXPRESS
Coach USA runs the 351 MEADOWLANDS EXPRESS.

Buses run for sports and entertainment events.
Bus will take you to MetLife Stadium from from Port Authority Bus Terminal (8th Ave. & 41st St.) in NYC.
Buses return to NYC after the show.
$14 Round Trip

See: HERE

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-06 21:58 by schillid.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 6, 2023 22:23

schillid
351 MEADOWLANDS EXPRESS

Bus will take you to MetLife Stadium from from Port Authority Bus Terminal (8th Ave. & 41st St.) in NYC.
$14 Round Trip

Prepaid for both shows last time, got back to Manhattan around 2 AM for the first show.
Great for getting there.. was a nightmare getting out. Ate the $14 and took the subway to and from the second show, much better smileys with beer

Date: December 6, 2023 22:47

MisterDDDD
... took the subway to and from the second show

??
Maybe you took a PATH or NJ Transit train to Secaucus then transferred for NJ Transit Meadowland special event train?
The NYC subway doesn't go to NJ.

I live in NJ... so I'll be stuck driving on the NJ Turnpike.

Date: December 6, 2023 23:07

schillid
MisterDDDD
... took the subway to and from the second show

??
Maybe you took a PATH or NJ Transit train to Secaucus then transferred for NJ Transit Meadowland special event train?
The NYC subway doesn't go to NJ.

I live in NJ... so I'll be stuck driving on the NJ Turnpike.

Sure.. misspoke, but sounds familiar winking smiley
All I recall is the *train(s) were sooo much easier and faster.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-06 23:07 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: December 7, 2023 01:36

I agree the bus is the best way to get to/from MetLife from Manhattan.
Just leave during the encore to beat the long lines for the bus after the show.

My experience with the train to Secacus Station>Penn Station from MetLife was terrible the last few times.
Huge lines and wait time for the train if you dont leave the show early. Perhaps its been improved?

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: December 7, 2023 02:16

Hi there,

Does anyone know why, as a UK resident I could not pay for pre-sale tickets with a credit card registered in the UK? Even PayPal would not work. I had Pit tickets for both East Rutherford shows in my cart multiple times and could not check out. I've just returned from India, hence the delay in fielding this question.
In 2022/23, I bought other gig tickets for the USA on Ticketmaster.com using the same credit cards without any problems.

Thanks.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 7, 2023 04:33

Was that the AARP presale? That was USA/CAN only. I had to use my American friend's credit card to pay for a pit ticket I bought her in the first AARP presale on Wednesday, December 29.

However, I had no problem paying for my Vancouver ticket with my Finnish credit card using the DIAMONDS code later on that same day.

So it would seem payment clearance depended on which presale code you were using.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-07 06:11 by Topi.

Date: December 9, 2023 16:23

So little tickets available.

Just 4 normal price..

And i am watching it very closely.. The platinum tickets are not selling at all (which is not weird at these prices).

If my assumption that at least 50% of the tickets is held back atm this is such a strange strategy.

Posted by: Djuro ()
Date: December 19, 2023 15:29

During 2019 tour, I used public transport from Manhattan to stadium area, also for the return. See my post from July 2019 in similar titled thread. Just checked on google maps and there is still some of those local NJ buses going from Port Authority to that area. From the 161 bus station I followed what google suggested and walked to the stadium. It includes walking a few hundred meters on some type of highway with the sidewalk, but all or majority of it is reasonable safe. As far as I remember going to a show almost no cars were present on that part, and back was the same, or it was just a major traffic jam with all of the cars driving really slow.

Be sure of the bus schedule and that they are still driving back to the NYC. I had no mobile internet, just printed schedule and everything was closed after the show accept near gas station, so wasn't sure if the bus will eventually come, but waited patiently and was at my place in Manhattan by 1 in the morning.
This transport was very cheap, no crowd (very few if any fans on the bus) and reasonably fast. The complete opposite of what most of the fans experienced going to and from those shows.

Date: December 19, 2023 18:05

Hey Djuro,

Not sure where you are getting off the 161 bus and walking to the stadium?
FYI - the stadium is surrounded by highways without any sidewalks, so Im curious where you are walking?

You can take a bus to Rutherford town but the its quite a walk to the stadium from there.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: December 19, 2023 23:55

filoca
just a question....
how to get to Metlife stadium from Manhattan and back?
thx!!

Train to Secaucus Junction then there's a shuttle bus. If you're getting there early. After the show you just get on the the train from outside the stadium and change at Secaucus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-19 23:56 by WelshEdge1.

Posted by: Djuro ()
Date: December 20, 2023 12:40

spikenyc
Hey Djuro,

Not sure where you are getting off the 161 bus and walking to the stadium?
FYI - the stadium is surrounded by highways without any sidewalks, so Im curious where you are walking?

You can take a bus to Rutherford town but the its quite a walk to the stadium from there.

Bus 161 stops at Washington Ave by Dunkin', then it was 30 min walk to the stadium, you pass by Redds Restaurant where there was IORR show gathering. Somewhere between that place and entrance to the stadium is part with the highway with some kind of sidewalk, or you just walk on the grass by the road. It had enough room, don't recall signs for pedestrian restriction. There were few people, but not many also going that way. No horning from the cars because we were walking there or strange looks towards us from people or security once we were close to the venues' car entrance.

As I said, it was reasonable safe, safe enough that after the first show I did the same route for the 2nd.

Date: December 20, 2023 17:07

How to get to Metlife stadium?

Practice, practice, practice.

Date: December 20, 2023 19:52

I am watching the seats... and i can tell they are moving very very very slow or not at all... From a marketing point of view very curious to know why they take this strategy. I assume they have a lot (50% plus) of tickets not even on sale since I never saw them during pre sale or any other sale.

How do you get the momentum and attention back and sell those tickets? I know these guys are good at what they do. But so am I at calling someone overplaying their hand.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: December 20, 2023 23:54

PaintMonkeyManBlack
I am watching the seats... and i can tell they are moving very very very slow or not at all... From a marketing point of view very curious to know why they take this strategy. I assume they have a lot (50% plus) of tickets not even on sale since I never saw them during pre sale or any other sale.

How do you get the momentum and attention back and sell those tickets? I know these guys are good at what they do. But so am I at calling someone overplaying their hand.

Sell out straight away and your tickets are too cheap!

The tickets will drop in price over time. Just keep checking.

Got PIT ticket for NJ2 in 2019 like March time. Tickets originally went on sale in November 2018 for that tour.

Date: December 21, 2023 16:18

Another option:

351 MEADOWLANDS EXPRESS

$14 Round Trip

Date: December 21, 2023 16:22

The following types of bags are allowed into MetLife Stadium:
Clear bags that are 12" x 6" x 12" or less in size (1 bag per person)
Non-clear small purses or handbags (clutch type) that are 4.5" x 6.5" or less (1 bag per person)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-14 17:06 by schillid.

Date: December 21, 2023 16:52

WelshEdge1
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Sell out straight away and your tickets are too cheap!

The tickets will drop in price over time. Just keep checking.

Got PIT ticket for NJ2 in 2019 like March time. Tickets originally went on sale in November 2018 for that tour.

i know the tactics, but if there are still 30.000 or so tickets available (this is my guess) than how will you regain the momentum that there is a stones show people can buy tickets for. Other gigs had so much more tickets available in the first place and are now profiting from the momentum.

Anyway.. we will see.

Date: December 21, 2023 16:54

schillid
Another option:

351 MEADOWLANDS EXPRESS

$14 Round Trip

thank you this sounds interesting!

Date: December 22, 2023 16:36

Date: December 22, 2023 16:38

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-16 17:34 by schillid.

Date: December 22, 2023 18:30

Date: December 23, 2023 18:17

schillid
Another option:

351 MEADOWLANDS EXPRESS

$14 Round Trip

Yes, this is the best option from and to Manhattan.
Just leave before the encore is over and then you wont have to wait on line to board the bus.

Posted by: KevinPenthouse ()
Date: December 29, 2023 18:23

There is no best way ... to get to the Meadowlands from NYC . . . they all suck . . . using the Train from Penn Station . . . is probably the Best . . . traffic for every other way is just too unpredictable that goes from Bad to Terrible to Horrendous . . . if you go strait to the Penn Station after the show you can get lucky and be in a Stones Dive Bar around MSG just around midnight in Manhattan . . . all the other ways not a chance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-31 06:37 by KevinPenthouse.

Date: December 30, 2023 02:09

KevinPenthouse
There is no best way ... to get to the Meadowlands from NYC . . . they all suck . . . using the path Train from Penn Station . . . is probably the Best . . . traffic for every other way is just too unpredictable that goes from Bad to Terrible to Horrendous . . . if you go strait to the Path after the show you can get lucky and be in a Stones Dive Bar around MSG just around midnight in Manhattan . . . all the other ways not a chance

I agree it always sucks getting to and from MetLife.
Not clear how you think the PATH works into this equation?
Yes you can take the PATH to Newark, but how do you go from Newark to MetLife and back?

Date: December 30, 2023 04:34

From NYC, you must take two or three separate, short train rides to get to MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ.

(1) Take PATH Train to Hoboken... (Not Newark.)
(2) TRANSFER to NJ Transit train to Secaucus...
(3) TRANSFER to EVENT TRAIN from Secaucus to MetLife Stadium.

or

(1) NJ Transit Train from NYC (Penn Station) to Secaucus.
(2) TRANSFER to EVENT TRAIN from Secaucus to MetLife Stadium.

Coach BUS from Port Authority is better, simpler, more direct.

(But now I live in NJ so I will be stuck driving.)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-14 17:10 by schillid.

Date: December 30, 2023 18:39

KevinPenthouse
There is no best way ... after the show you can get lucky and be in a Stones Dive Bar around MSG just around midnight in Manhattan . . . all the other ways not a chance

Walter's Bar

Posted by: KevinPenthouse ()
Date: December 31, 2023 06:39

Penn Station to MetLife & Back period . . . Sorry my bad always & accidently called it the path from way back in the day ( Cuz path trains run outta there also - - - old habits die hard LOL) . . . I repeat Penn Station to MetLife & Back period . . . last time Stones Show(s) i was back in Manhattan just around midnight could not have gone any smoother with a group of 10 of us from Australia & Elsewhere (not even locals) and NOT leaving early . . . no one else was even close or even made it back for closing time 2 AM . . . Tour before that and tour before that . . . no one makes it back to Manhattan any faster (Not saying it is fun or it will be perfect ride every time or every show ) . . . the bus is timed out 26 minute ride not including Traffic . . . the train 15 minute ride . . . 1st Off No one should be "recommending" ANY Mode of transportation as The METLife/Meadowlands mixes things up all the time on how and where to pick up rides buses shuttles - form lines here then there (can get crazy stupid 1-2-3 hour horror stories are not uncommon of just waiting in line to get to shuttles buses hotel transfers back to Redd's limo's ubers) . . . This is always the lesser of two evils . . . I have used them all . . . I will take and also "suggest" over all else the stable-est (no last minute surprises) . . . . the Train back to Manhattan . . . anyone wanna small wager & race back on Show 1 for lets say some Start Me Up Pit Package tickets Show 2 ? I will take that wager . . .as they say I am Driving that Train . . high on . . . Stones encores and outta cocaine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-31 17:00 by KevinPenthouse.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: January 9, 2024 23:18

Any recommendations for a hotel in Manhattan around 100-130 dollar a night?

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2339
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home