Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: New Orleans LA USA 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 1, 2024 16:01

GasLightStreet
daspyknows
Weather reports look decent for Thursday to Sunday. Today and tomorrow not so much. Flying in tomorrow and doing Daze Between on Wednesday. Karl playing.

Tuesday - Thursday no rain, mid 80s - excellent weather.

20%, 40%, 20%, 0% rain Thursday - Sunday. 20% will probably be none for Thursday and Saturday.

Won't be in the 90s until May 8.

Good lord I'm melting at the sounds of that. My west coast butt prefers a 72-75 range, overcast with hints of sun and a nice westerly.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 1, 2024 17:41

GasLightStreet
Good lord I'm melting at the sounds of that. My west coast butt prefers a 72-75 range, overcast with hints of sun and a nice westerly.
That's pretty cool cool smiley, in Lyon in 2022 we had more than 100 F. That was too hot for Gimme Shelter.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 1, 2024 20:45

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
daspyknows
Weather reports look decent for Thursday to Sunday. Today and tomorrow not so much. Flying in tomorrow and doing Daze Between on Wednesday. Karl playing.

Tuesday - Thursday no rain, mid 80s - excellent weather.

20%, 40%, 20%, 0% rain Thursday - Sunday. 20% will probably be none for Thursday and Saturday.

Won't be in the 90s until May 8.

Pickup a Panama Jack straw hat and bring some sunscreen. The sun is very hot down there and you will burn bad, especially if you're from up north. Your skin is still in winter white mode.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 1, 2024 20:50

The Rolling Stones: "NOLA we’re heading your way! See you soon at Jazz Fest"

[Twitter.com] , [Facebook.com] , [Instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-01 20:55 by Irix.

Posted by: sway1971 ()
Date: May 1, 2024 21:57

Don't forget this is an earlier than normal start time for the Stones, I believe they will be on stage from approximately 5-7pm.

New Orleans LA USA 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 1, 2024 22:22

Irma Thomas hints at possible appearance during Rolling Stones set at Jazz Fest

By FOX 8 Staff
Published: May. 1, 2024 at 2:29 PM EDT

NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - The “Soul Queen of New Orleans,” Irma Thomas, has hinted at a possible appearance during the Rolling Stones’ set on Thursday at the 2024 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival.

This surprise collaboration would mark a special moment in music history, bringing together two icons for their shared classic, “Time Is On My Side.”

Thomas hinted at the “big possibility” during an interview with Liz Reyes on Fox 8 News at Noon.

Thomas, who has been a Jazz Fest mainstay since 1974, already performed on the festival’s main stage on Sunday, April 5, and is scheduled to help close out the event on Sunday, May 5. However, it’s her potential guest appearance during the Stones’ headline set on Thursday that has festival-goers buzzing.

She says she will be present Thursday when the rest of the festival stages go dark, turning all eyes on Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, and the Rock & Roll Hall of Famers.

“They (the fans) will be there. Trust me, there is somebody appearing that they will definitely want to see,” she told Reyes on Wednesday.

The Rolling Stones’ version of the song, released in 1964, went on to become their first Top 10 hit in America, catapulting the British band to fame. Despite some confusion over the years about who originated the song, Thomas says she holds no grudges, saying that Jagger even copied her vocal ad-libs in their version.

“To me, they were paying homage to me,” she explained.

Though nothing is confirmed, Thomas expressed interest in joining the Rolling Stones on stage at Jazz Fest, adding that it is a “big possibility.”

“I would be very humbled by it,” she said.

Given the song’s history and significance to both Thomas and the Stones, a live collaboration would be a highlight of the festival.

“It would be history. For us to join to do it together would be history,” Thomas said.

If the stars align, this could be a Jazz Fest moment for the ages.

[www.fox8live.com]

Date: May 1, 2024 22:25

Dont see the hints.

Would be awesome though

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 1, 2024 22:30

Sway1971-Thanks for the heads up! I hadn't payed attention to that so I appreciate the info!

Posted by: jjazznola69 ()
Date: May 1, 2024 22:59

The Stones are at the Fairgrounds, Rehearsal/Soundcheck Around 3:30

Somewhere around 330 today, Wed 5/1 The Stones will go through their set. I just left The Fairgrounds area and a few people were out there waiting.

Date: May 1, 2024 23:09

Thank you jjazznola69 smileys with beer

Mick, Chanel, Bernard
A little warm up!

[www.facebook.com] [twitter.com] [www.instagram.com]

Posted by: FeelslikeaGhost ()
Date: May 2, 2024 00:04

jjazznola69

Somewhere around 330 today, Wed 5/1 The Stones will go through their set. I just left The Fairgrounds area and a few people were out there waiting.

do we have any updates on this?

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: May 2, 2024 01:57

No song vote yet?

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 2, 2024 03:42

The Indy show at the Speedway in 2015 they didn't have the song vote or show the city specific merch until the day of the show. Ot's an odd occurrence but it does happen. Looks like the same for tomorrow's show.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: May 2, 2024 03:51

FeelslikeaGhost
jjazznola69

do we have any updates on this?

Whole Wide World, Angry

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 2, 2024 04:55

Chuck and Karl are at Daze Between. Chuck and Grace Potter just dud Wild Horses with Government Mule.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 2, 2024 05:31

We arrived into New Orleans the day after the Houston show. It was a great seven hours drive, one hour queue due to roadwork, and half an hour stop to get gaz (petrol !!!) and Burger King fast food. With one of the safest and most reliable friends, and drivers there is, I felt safe in between lots of heavy traffic all day. I wish I had more time to do more roadtrips in America, we saw the swamps, the trees growing in the water, the bridges, Baton Rouge, then the Superbowl, with memories from the 2019 hurricane show in New Orleans, and then we were there - Welcome to New Orleans!

Big thanks to good friends helping me out in Los Angeles, Houston and New Orleans, without you I would not be able to be on this tour, you know who you are. I am forever greatful.

Masks are on, nobody want anything happening to the band, if one key person is out there is no show, so I hope everyone is fine and we get the greatest rock'n'roll show in the world happening one more time, this time at Jazz Fest New Orleans, where they have been trying so hard to perform, but bumps in the road have been prevented them.

New Orleans is a special city, like Nashville and Las Vegas. Some like it, others don't see the point. I am not a big drinker, also I go to sleep soon after the sunset, except for Stones show day, so I don't know much about what is happening in Bourbon Street or around in the city, by then I sleep.

The show tomorrow in New Orleans will be special, a bit like Oslo or St. Petersburgh, the show is expected at 5pm to 7pm daytime, lots of sunshine, even if it might be clouds, so special indeed. Festival time.

Some images from New Orleans, and the trip to get here:

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-02 05:33 by bv.

Date: May 2, 2024 05:43

From Dwayne Dopsie Rubin on FB

!!!!!!!!!!!!!Breaking News !! Breaking news!!!!

Well today my New Orleans jazz fest started a lil early because I just rehearsed with the rollin stones who asked to have me be apart of the there show Tomoro at the New Orleans jazz festival. !! this is a legendary Rock and Roll band I grew up listening too, and now to be playing on stage with them giving my zydeco feel to there music is just mind blowing and a True blessing !!!!

Hard work pays off !!

Rollin Stones / New Orleans jazz fest 5/2/24

Stay tuned for more !!!

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-02 05:43 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 2, 2024 05:50

BV, you don't have to be a drinker to enjoy some great food. The Jazz fest always has some good food stands. At night you can find all the great oyster joints, po'boys and beignets for breakfast at Cafe du Monde next to the French Market. I believe GasLightStreet is an expert on the city.

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: May 2, 2024 06:12

I am here to those who know me.

This show will be different. It's a daylight show instead of a nighttime show.

DDD, Cindy, Will, Jason. I am here!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 2, 2024 06:57

Have a great time Cristopher!

Finally they get to play JF after numerous attempts.. glad for them, it seemed to be a bucket list festival for them. Can already see this is going be a special show indeed.

Have a blast everyone!!

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 2, 2024 07:00

Welcome bv and everybody to my state! And also congrats on getting the treat of Dopsie as a temporary Stone--he is so great!

Posted by: BlueLands ()
Date: May 2, 2024 08:21

I hope everyone has a great time in the city of New Orleans! Stay Close! Stay safe!!! Don't forget about Pat O'Briens!

Posted by: jjazznola69 ()
Date: May 2, 2024 08:31

Dwayne Dopsie with The Stones should be a blast! I can't wait. He is easily my favorite living Zydeco star. I agree that Beast Of Burden would work as Buckwheat Zydeco did a great cover of that song years back. He is slated to do 3 songs with them. Many locals (including myself) are hoping they bring Irma Thomas up to sing Time Is On My Side. That would be an all-time Jazz Fest moment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-02 08:35 by jjazznola69.

Posted by: TW2019 ()
Date: May 2, 2024 13:05

[x.com]

Whole Wide World

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 2, 2024 13:13

that's great

if the racket version was any indication www should sound great onstage

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-02 13:14 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: May 2, 2024 14:01

I’m a bit bummed to miss this one….we had scored vips for the fest in 2019 to ensure we were up front for stones day. Never happened Altho we did enjoy pits for fox pro later that summer. This will be a special show hope everyone has a great time!

Date: May 2, 2024 15:11

This is going to be a great one.

Enjoy!

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: May 2, 2024 15:19

hot smiley

New Orleans LA USA 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 2, 2024 16:33

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 2, 2024 16:55

bv
We arrived into New Orleans the day after the Houston show. It was a great seven hours drive, one hour queue due to roadwork, and half an hour stop to get gaz (petrol !!!) and Burger King fast food. With one of the safest and most reliable friends, and drivers there is, I felt safe in between lots of heavy traffic all day. I wish I had more time to do more roadtrips in America, we saw the swamps, the trees growing in the water, the bridges, Baton Rouge, then the Superbowl, with memories from the 2019 hurricane show in New Orleans, and then we were there - Welcome to New Orleans!

Big thanks to good friends helping me out in Los Angeles, Houston and New Orleans, without you I would not be able to be on this tour, you know who you are. I am forever greatful.

Masks are on, nobody want anything happening to the band, if one key person is out there is no show, so I hope everyone is fine and we get the greatest rock'n'roll show in the world happening one more time, this time at Jazz Fest New Orleans, where they have been trying so hard to perform, but bumps in the road have been prevented them.

New Orleans is a special city, like Nashville and Las Vegas. Some like it, others don't see the point. I am not a big drinker, also I go to sleep soon after the sunset, except for Stones show day, so I don't know much about what is happening in Bourbon Street or around in the city, by then I sleep.

The show tomorrow in New Orleans will be special, a bit like Oslo or St. Petersburgh, the show is expected at 5pm to 7pm daytime, lots of sunshine, even if it might be clouds, so special indeed. Festival time.

Some images from New Orleans, and the trip to get here:

Might be too late for a reservation but for possibly the best dining experience you might be able to get, try and book a jazz brunch at Commanders Palace.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1701
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home