Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: New Orleans LA USA 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: March 27, 2024 19:46

I omitted that one because it's a little out of the way, but agree it does sound cool.

Still a bunch of stuff to be announced for that day among others, including at the Louisiana Music Factory, a great record store.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: March 28, 2024 02:11

No idea if this is already in this thread, but just heard Tell It Like It Is. How cool it would be if the Stones did a slow jam with Aaron Neville on this song. Just thought, another cool jam would be them doing Fats Domino's Walking To New Orleans or Louis Armstrong's Do You Know What It's Like to Miss New Orleans. The late Dr. John's I Walk On Guilded Splinters would be another NOLA tune to throw in the mix. C'mon guys, mix it up and go for the different.

Date: March 28, 2024 03:02

I alluded to it among the long posts on the previous page, but the Sunday interview schedule includes a discussion of "Rolling Stones cover Louisiana Blues/R&B," which is rather suggestive, though it could of course be looking back much further than several days prior.

My guess is that there will be some sort of nod to the setting, but that it will otherwise be a fairly standard setlist. I would imagine that Irma Thomas is a likely guest, if any.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-28 03:14 by SecondSet.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 10, 2024 20:57

Anyone else with a Grand Marshall VIP for the Stones. I will be at the main stage all day. Looking forward to Samantha Fish too.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: April 10, 2024 22:16

Karl Denson pre shows and after in new orleans

May 1st 6-10pm [dazebetweennola.com]
May 1st 1015pm chuck leavell [tipitinas.com]
may 3rd 2am [www.ticketweb.com]

Posted by: followyoudown ()
Date: April 12, 2024 16:28

I'm hoping someone on here lives in NOLA. I haven't been down there in 12 years. My issue is transportation. I could take the Canal Street trolley to City Park, no problem Or take the JazzFest shuttle, no problem. The problem is parking. Either one of those transportation methods requires parking my car somewhere to access either of those methods. I thought I would take the riverfront trolley to the Canal Street trolley but that requires parking my car as well. There is no neighborhood street parking and metered parking is 2 hours only. I would take a cab or uber but I suspect there will be a big demand for those methods of transportation. Anyone have a reasonable suggestion or solution? I have called the city, the Trolley company, the parking authority only to be refereed to the JazzFest website repeatedly. Thanks.-Kevin

Date: April 12, 2024 17:42

followyoudown
I'm hoping someone on here lives in NOLA. I haven't been down there in 12 years. My issue is transportation. I could take the Canal Street trolley to City Park, no problem Or take the JazzFest shuttle, no problem. The problem is parking. Either one of those transportation methods requires parking my car somewhere to access either of those methods. I thought I would take the riverfront trolley to the Canal Street trolley but that requires parking my car as well. There is no neighborhood street parking and metered parking is 2 hours only. I would take a cab or uber but I suspect there will be a big demand for those methods of transportation. Anyone have a reasonable suggestion or solution? I have called the city, the Trolley company, the parking authority only to be refereed to the JazzFest website repeatedly. Thanks.-Kevin

If you are in a bind, I am at the Residence Inn in the French Quarter and do not have a car. If you want to pay the daily parking, its walking distance from the shuttle.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: April 12, 2024 18:03

Followyoudown - re: parking. Have you tried pre-booking parking? Apps like ParkWhiz you can search by location, find the cheapest, closest, whatever…I use it often.

Posted by: Bandk4011 ()
Date: April 12, 2024 20:12

daspyknows
Anyone else with a Grand Marshall VIP for the Stones. I will be at the main stage all day. Looking forward to Samantha Fish too.

See you there - Keith side

Date: April 13, 2024 06:32

Bandk4011
daspyknows

See you there - Keith side

If there is a walkway, yes. If not DFC.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: April 14, 2024 17:34

followyoudown

Many businesses and individuals rent spaces for parking.
I booked this one in Cabrini High School,I think still has seats available [cabrinihigh.com]

I Know that Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic Church next to Cabrini High School also rents parking spaces

Posted by: Lamorinda ()
Date: April 14, 2024 17:48

Last year I parked here and walked in. They have a nice restroom you can use and you can get a really good beer to go for the walk over: [deutscheshaus.org]

Posted by: VoodooAllie ()
Date: April 17, 2024 00:12

AWESOME OPPORTUNITY FOR JAZZ FEST! ONE DAY TO ACT!!!

Jay Marciano, chairman and CEO of AEG Presents, is being honored with the Spirit Of Life Award by City Of Hope this year. City Of Hope is one of the largest cancer research and treatment facilities in the world. In conjunction, a package is up on Charitybuzz to bid on 2 Big Chief Passes for weekend 2 of Jazz Fest, which includes The Rolling Stones day of May 2. All you have to do is go on [www.charitybuzz.com]

Good Luck & Great Cause!!!

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: April 22, 2024 18:26

Does anyone know what time the Will Call booth opens each morning? I saw something that said 9:00am but not sure. Thanks!

Posted by: jjazznola69 ()
Date: April 24, 2024 04:14

There are rumors that The Stones are doing a 2 hour run through/rehearsal/soundcheck at The Fairgrounds in New Orleans at some time time next Wed 5/1, most likely late morning/early afternoon. It makes sense as they will not be able to do a proper soundcheck the day that they are playing as the fest opens at 11am.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 24, 2024 07:21

jjazznola69
There are rumors that The Stones are doing a 2 hour run through/rehearsal/soundcheck at The Fairgrounds in New Orleans at some time time next Wed 5/1, most likely late morning/early afternoon. It makes sense as they will not be able to do a proper soundcheck the day that they are playing as the fest opens at 11am.

Aside from the pure aspect of soundcheck they will get a good grasp of reality in regard to the humidity - it won't be hot, maybe 86F... even though it's always warmer in the sun... and the daytime temps bring the humidity down a little bit... but when they go on stage that Thursday... expect a damp towel.

Although it might not be THAT bad, more like a washrag.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 28, 2024 09:00

----->>>>>> [www.rrr.org.au]

Off the record 3RRR hold New Orleans special

Lots of Stones content through-out show

Disscussion about Stones and show around the 34 minute mark

More Stones stuff during Jon Cleary interview

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: April 29, 2024 20:00

Hope the Jazzfest show is not too hot, and that everything goes off without a hitch. Third times a charm!

It would be nice if they brought Irma Thomas onstage and revived Time Is On My Side. They could put it over the top with an all-star horn section sit-in with Trombone Shorty, Kermit Ruffins, and Branford Marsalis.

Date: April 29, 2024 21:07

If you are going to May 2nd Stones @ Jazz Fest, please read the updated guidelines for what you can bring in. Including the URL below.

[www.wwoz.org]

Date: April 29, 2024 21:30

Anyone in town already should consider among this evening's many events Shorty Fest (and associated outdoor block party) at Tipitina's and WWOZ's annual Piano Night at the House of Blues.

Date: April 29, 2024 22:18

Another event at Tipitina's: There will be a public memorial honoring Dumpstaphunk Bassist Nick Daniles III on Tuesday, 4/30 @ 7:00. It will be held on the Neutral Ground outside Tipitina's (501 Napoleon).

[www.offbeat.com]

Date: April 29, 2024 23:50

Oh wow. Did not know he died. He was only 68, and seemed younger.

(It's Daniels, btw)

[www.nola.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-30 00:08 by SecondSet.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: April 30, 2024 00:02

The biggest problem at Jazz Fest is weather. You can get hit with inches of rain in a short period of time then get smothered with very high humidity. Or it can be beautiful and hot.

I'd love to hear the Stones play a tribute song to the Allman Brothers.

Date: April 30, 2024 01:32

Weather reports look decent for Thursday to Sunday. Today and tomorrow not so much. Flying in tomorrow and doing Daze Between on Wednesday. Karl playing.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 30, 2024 22:44

daspyknows
Weather reports look decent for Thursday to Sunday. Today and tomorrow not so much. Flying in tomorrow and doing Daze Between on Wednesday. Karl playing.

Tuesday - Thursday no rain, mid 80s - excellent weather.

20%, 40%, 20%, 0% rain Thursday - Sunday. 20% will probably be none for Thursday and Saturday.

Won't be in the 90s until May 8.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 1, 2024 04:12

The Sicilian
The biggest problem at Jazz Fest is weather. You can get hit with inches of rain in a short period of time then get smothered with very high humidity. Or it can be beautiful and hot.

I'd love to hear the Stones play a tribute song to the Allman Brothers.

The Stones don’t do tributes. Because of Dickey’s passing? Come on. Geez. Clueless. Dickey was booted out 23 years ago. Greg Allman has been dead for 7 years. Keith can’t even play his 4 note solos anymore. Chuck Leavell would pull his hair out trying to show them any ABB tune

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-01 04:17 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: May 1, 2024 09:59

No song vote for Jazz Fest?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 1, 2024 10:09

More Hot Rocks

The Stones don’t do tributes.

But they might do "Monkey Man" which is funky as hell. Wuld suit fine the NOLA crowd...

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: May 1, 2024 10:30

Or Cant you hear me knocking?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 1, 2024 11:32

Time Is On My side with Irma Thomas .... ???

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1629
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home