Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10
Re: Houston TX USA 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: April 10, 2024 05:09

We're looking at park and ride options where we can park, catch some pre-show dinner and drinks, then ride the Red Line to NRG.

I know there is a get together organized by the Shidoobee group on Saturday at Henke & Pillot downtown off Main St. Does anyone have any plans to meet up on Sunday before the show? It looks like there are a lot of bars and restaurants in that area, off Main St, just south of University of Houston Downtown and you can board the Red Line light rail right across the bayou at the UHD station.

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: April 10, 2024 21:02

TiminIndy
We're looking at park and ride options where we can park, catch some pre-show dinner and drinks, then ride the Red Line to NRG.

I know there is a get together organized by the Shidoobee group on Saturday at Henke & Pillot downtown off Main St. Does anyone have any plans to meet up on Sunday before the show? It looks like there are a lot of bars and restaurants in that area, off Main St, just south of University of Houston Downtown and you can board the Red Line light rail right across the bayou at the UHD station.

I live in Houston FYI not far from the venue. Happy to answer questions. dnewton98@yahoo if you want to email me too.

I am not a big fan of downtown as it can be dead and seedy in many areas = a few too many homeless especially on weekends. But the couple of blocks right around Market Square can be okay and a bunch of parking lots are open at night. near the Market Square & Preston stops. Just be cautious. Concert crowds will make it okay to park there on concert night. Here is a link to some parking garages downtown near red line south to NRG. I would not prepay on this site - just a good list of parking. For others reading this - I don't frequent this area for all the reasons mentioned.

[parking.com]

UH Downtown might be desolate at night especially a weekend. (I lived in south-ish side of of Chicago at one time so I am not scared)but I would not recommend that area to park at night at all. It is not near anything else. I voted there in an election. It's fine on a school day but not at night.

My recommended areas for restaurants, bars
Rice Village/Kirby for restaurants, bars, walkable. Also midtown, Montrose, EADO, Museum District. All close by each other, not far from venue - all in central Houston and short ubers. I live in Montrose for last 20+ years and frequent all those areas and love them. Food is a thing in Houston, great midpriced stuff.

Date: April 10, 2024 21:11

TiminIndy

You are definitely doing the right thing to not park or uber to NRG Stadium as it is insane gridlock. You can luck out sometimes but mostly it is insanity to get near stadium or get through traffic in less than 60-90 minutes from 2 blocks away. And uber/lyft lines are insane plus same traffic.

For all attending - If you Uber or Lyft - have them let you off at like South Braeswood and Main and walk from there before trapped in traffic. And vice versa walk for 15 minutes after and only call the uber when you get to a clear road. (.75 to 1 mile north).

Date: April 10, 2024 21:24

Houston concert people - I live near-ish the venue and know many of the areas/tricks/tips - and can provide assistance if you want - feel free to ask questions here or email me dnewton98@yahoo.com I can also share my what's app or mobile when you contact me.

Venue area is a bit funky/desolate so at the very least for travellers uber for 15 minutes to much better nearby areas such as Rice Village/Kirby area, Montrose, Museum District, Midtown, and EADO for restaurants, bars, shopping, coffee, breakfast. All of these are near each other and in the very center area of Houston (which is great as Houston monstrous in physical size and has 7mil in the metro area).

FYI I don't like downtown - too desolate and seedy except for two small areas Market Square and a few block of Main street. Very few people live in downtown so not active on weekends except a few bars at night. You will be fine if you are in downtown at a hotel but be very selective about where you go and where you walk but it absolutely does not showcase the good of Houston.

My name is Donna. cool smiley
You might know my youtube channel with the often shaky videos.(I don't watch thru camera so vids can be shaky - ha) - dnewton98 youtube [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-10 21:26 by dnewton99.

Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: April 16, 2024 19:22

A number of floor tickets in sections B&D have become available at standard price of $499 + fees. These are near resale and premium tickets with asking prices of 2x higher or more.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: April 16, 2024 23:30

Donna, hi!

I'll be staying in Montrose and looking for public transit options to NRG. Seems like the Red Line will take me there easily. Should it be straightforward getting the Red Line back, or will it be a long wait?

If implausible, I'll just walk north awhile and get an Uber.

Grew up in Houston but haven't been back in 20 years. Can't believe my old stomping grounds, Numbers, still exists!

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: April 17, 2024 04:28

greeting trying to get my act together...i was hoping to walk around from hyatt to fine art and murals on saturday i get in at 830 at bush airport i think it like 40
minute to hotel..yes yes i hope to chat up..i did pull all my social accounts
wanted also do zydeco fest maybe...still hoping for 6 h.d. songs opening night
i was remembering.. the crowd leaving singing say a little pray in the rain in miami then driving 12 hours to charlotte..trouble coming

Date: April 17, 2024 04:36

cyclist
Donna, hi!

I'll be staying in Montrose and looking for public transit options to NRG. Seems like the Red Line will take me there easily. Should it be straightforward getting the Red Line back, or will it be a long wait?

If implausible, I'll just walk north awhile and get an Uber.

Grew up in Houston but haven't been back in 20 years. Can't believe my old stomping grounds, Numbers, still exists!

I live in Montrose not far from Numbers! and I have been there even in the last few years. Yes you can for sure take Red Line back and forth - loads of extra trains etc. It will be crowded for sure but they move people into the trains fast. But uber is a cluster (lot too far, mess, chaos, long wait) and traffic is gridlock so I would do the Red Line. Just be cautious when you get off - maybe uber to your accomodations. There will be plenty of people on the train etc but at 12:00-1am the streets for walking will have some desolate spots. ping me directly if you have other questions too dnewton98@yahoo.com

Date: April 17, 2024 04:45

kkhoranstoned
greeting trying to get my act together...i was hoping to walk around from hyatt to fine art and murals on saturday i get in at 830 at bush airport i think it like 40
minute to hotel..yes yes i hope to chat up..i did pull all my social accounts
wanted also do zydeco fest maybe...still hoping for 6 h.d. songs opening night
i was remembering.. the crowd leaving singing say a little pray in the rain in miami then driving 12 hours to charlotte..trouble coming

Hyatt Place Medical Center? you can take the red line to the Museum of Fine Arts Houston and here is a mural map [houstonmuralmap.com] and this one too [www.sickgirltravels.com] you can take red line from your hotel to museum district to downtown. or uber/lyft - lyft can be cheaper in Houston. Parts of Downtown is a bit desolate with some homeless but daytime you will be fine.

All the main stuff is in Rice Village, Museum District, Montrose and downtown which is all concentrated just north of venue so easy to uber or rail. We have a miniscule amount of rail so it is used for commuter days mainly and medical staff for hospitals so it might be empty. [i.pinimg.com]

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: April 17, 2024 19:56

Face value pit tickets available right now !!!!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 17, 2024 20:13

Pop country hearthrob Kane Brown's 10 minutes must be up because you can get $19 tickets to his Toyota Center show April 27th. That's going to be my pre-party.

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: April 17, 2024 23:11

GJB
Face value pit tickets available right now !!!!

Indeed Pit B for 499.00 USD+fees still available!
You can also grab face value ticket in section B & D (floor seat) for 499.00 USD+fees also!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 18, 2024 11:19

Pit B still available a couple of minutes ago. You can cart them in singles - if you try to add 2 tickets it says "not available"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-18 11:21 by Topi.

Posted by: rich-wdc ()
Date: April 18, 2024 19:35

The venue has a retractable roof. Any insight on whether it's open air or not? Or how/when the decision is made?

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 18, 2024 20:10

Topi
Pit B still available a couple of minutes ago. You can cart them in singles - if you try to add 2 tickets it says "not available"

Thx for the singles idea heads up.. I’ll try that when Cleveland finally drop smiling smiley

Date: April 18, 2024 21:28

rich-wdc
The venue has a retractable roof. Any insight on whether it's open air or not? Or how/when the decision is made?

They very rarely open the roof. They tend to optimize for making patrons comfortable and keeping the A/C in - because Houston is very humid and hot even in spring and fall. And it is green/lush here but that means many short but unexpected showers - like parts of Florida.

But you never know. If Stones staging wants/needs it they might.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-18 23:42 by dnewton99.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: April 18, 2024 22:40

I bet the box office will know a day or two before the show. Might be worth a call to find out.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: April 19, 2024 19:44

dnewton99
Yes you can for sure take Red Line back and forth - loads of extra trains etc. It will be crowded for sure but they move people into the trains fast. But uber is a cluster (lot too far, mess, chaos, long wait) and traffic is gridlock so I would do the Red Line.

Donna, thank you so much for your guidance! Deeply appreciated. Can't believe this show is just around the corner...

Date: April 20, 2024 00:02

cyclist
dnewton99
Yes you can for sure take Red Line back and forth - loads of extra trains etc. It will be crowded for sure but they move people into the trains fast. But uber is a cluster (lot too far, mess, chaos, long wait) and traffic is gridlock so I would do the Red Line.

Donna, thank you so much for your guidance! Deeply appreciated. Can't believe this show is just around the corner...

Happy to help as much as can. I hate that NRG Stadium is so messy for visitors for the show. Many stadiums can work traffic, uber, public transport way more effectively. There is a metro q app you can buy a ticket (same day purchase but before you go) - can save time. if it is a really really long wait for train and you want to bail you can walk and then find a clearer area to call an uber but that means north and bit east onto Old Spanish Trail (OST) eastbound and go way around in an uber. (not west or south).

Date: April 20, 2024 14:41

If you take a look at AXS, there are only a handful of "AXS Premium" tickets left, but plenty of Standards available, almost entire rows even.

As I said on the LD thread, I suspect they have just relabelled and repriced some of their Premium inventory as Standard tickets.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 20, 2024 16:22

Topi
If you take a look at AXS, there are only a handful of "AXS Premium" tickets left, but plenty of Standards available, almost entire rows even.

As I said on the LD thread, I suspect they have just relabelled and repriced some of their Premium inventory as Standard tickets.

Looking at AXS all I get is 'Dieser Verkaufslink ist nicht gültig.'

Date: April 20, 2024 16:56

How about this link? (Sorry, Irix)

[tix.axs.com]

And then filter out everything except "Standard"

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: April 20, 2024 18:21

good morning if possible could the houston residents post weather predictions
also will the merch truck be available saturday?
the meet up on saturday is there a time and are they friendly people?
i have removed myself from social media..so i get my information here
i am still holding out for 6 new songs 2 rarities
b.v. i owe you a beer sir thank you for everything
dnewton99 thank you here we go...

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: April 20, 2024 21:42

Shidoobee party is saturday 6pm at Henke & Pillot 809 Congress Ave, Houston, TX
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 20, 2024 22:13

Topi
How about this link? (Sorry, Irix)

[tix.axs.com]

And then filter out everything except "Standard"

exactely the same

Date: April 20, 2024 22:19

That's odd. It can't be the German IP address either, I used a VPN to access the AXS site from a Frankfurt IP address and it works just fine for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-20 22:22 by Topi.

Date: April 20, 2024 22:42

kkhoranstoned
good morning if possible could the houston residents post weather predictions
also will the merch truck be available saturday?
the meet up on saturday is there a time and are they friendly people?
i have removed myself from social media..so i get my information here
i am still holding out for 6 new songs 2 rarities
b.v. i owe you a beer sir thank you for everything
dnewton99 thank you here we go...

miserably hot and sticky unfortunately.. 87 high humidity, a bit a rain showers - like parts of Florida - hot, humid, rains a bit. [weather.com]

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: April 21, 2024 20:37

[m.facebook.com]?

Podium building in Houston

Date: April 21, 2024 21:29

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-21 21:30 by Christiaan.

Date: April 21, 2024 21:30

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2069
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home