Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 67
Re: Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour USA/Canada 2024
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: November 25, 2023 17:15

Speaking as a fan for the last 50 + years, I do wish they could have found a different sponsor than AARP. Here in America, its the politically powerful senior citizen's lobby (or "retirees" if you want a less distressing euphemism.) smiling smiley

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 25, 2023 17:23

roryfaninva
Speaking as a fan for the last 50 + years, I do wish they could have found a different sponsor than AARP. Here in America, its the politically powerful senior citizen's lobby (or "retirees" if you want a less distressing euphemism.) smiling smiley

Last night I saw an AARP TV ad for the upcoming Stones tour and it came off in the style of those old Ginsu knives commercials lol

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 25, 2023 17:26

Topi
tony
From past experiences, do you think they will have a separate on sale date for the second nights or will it go on sale the same day after a sell out?

That depends. Sometimes they might add the second date during a presale, even.

I swear, the last 2 times I saw them in Chicago, they added the 2nd Soldier Field date during the presale, as well as 2 additional shows at the United Center in 2013.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: November 25, 2023 17:36

The regular VIP package gets you a pit ticket, but no early admission, and the rest of the package is about $30 worth of swag. Last time it was a Stones blanket, a lanyard, and a folio of 11"x14" posters. That's it! Not worth it unless it's the only way to get into the pit, which is why we bought it last time. My credit card got us a partial refund for the swag part, as we thought the swag wasn't coming. It was stuck off shore in a shipping container as it turned out and we got it about 8 months later. Very disappointed!

Posted by: hymenlips ()
Date: November 25, 2023 18:06

Agreed. Saw U2 at the Sphere already. Unbelievable. Took years to plan. Visuals took a year from what I heard. 1 or 2 night stands would not work. You could do anything in there but if you want the full effect you would need time. UFC is going in there for Mexican Independence Day. It has nothing to do with the Stones guarantee. You can bet U2 is as big as any act out there.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 25, 2023 18:26

Anyone know any presale codes for the Levi’s Stadium show on July 17, apart from the Ticketmaster one? Or even how to sign up for any of them… It doesn’t appear they have an artists pre-sale, which I presume would be the one emailed by rolling stones.com. Any info appreciated.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: November 25, 2023 18:34

JadedFaded - STSD! Sounds like a sexually transmitted disease! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
They are playing huge stadiums.
Everyone that wants to go will get in!
Stay calm and listen to the Rolling Stones. cool smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 25, 2023 18:39

sarahunwin
Anyone know any presale codes for the Levi’s Stadium show on July 17, apart from the Ticketmaster one? Or even how to sign up for any of them… It doesn’t appear they have an artists pre-sale, which I presume would be the one emailed by rolling stones.com. Any info appreciated.

Levi's does have the "artist presale" on Nov 29.

I guess they just forgot to list it on the event page on TM.

[www.cbsnews.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-25 18:39 by Topi.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: November 25, 2023 18:43

kovach
Topi
tony
From past experiences, do you think they will have a separate on sale date for the second nights or will it go on sale the same day after a sell out?

That depends. Sometimes they might add the second date during a presale, even.

I swear, the last 2 times I saw them in Chicago, they added the 2nd Soldier Field date during the presale, as well as 2 additional shows at the United Center in 2013.

I was racking my brain to recall how it happened with Soldier Field in 2019 yesterday. After some thought, I too recall the 2nd show being added during the presales and before the general public sale.

I googled to see if there was a separate on sale date but couldn’t find any type of announcement for a separate on sale for the 2nd show which probably supports that it was added at some point during the presales or during the general public on sale.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-25 18:44 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 25, 2023 18:50

hymenlips
Agreed. Saw U2 at the Sphere already. Unbelievable. Took years to plan. Visuals took a year from what I heard. 1 or 2 night stands would not work. You could do anything in there but if you want the full effect you would need time. UFC is going in there for Mexican Independence Day. It has nothing to do with the Stones guarantee. You can bet U2 is as big as any act out there.

Sources quoted in this thread for this/these happening are pretty strong (stonesdoug, Woz)

U2's situation was quite different being the first shows/residency, working through all the kinks of the technology and shows.
The Stones may not have the "full effect" but I imagine they could have a pretty spectacular go of it with this many months to put it together.
Also gotta believe MGM/Sphere designed this to adapt for one-offs and non-residencies. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-25 18:51 by MisterDDDD.

Date: November 25, 2023 18:54

It would seem that the second 2019 Chicago show was indeed announced on Nov 28, 2018 - that was during the presale.

[chicago.suntimes.com]

[iorr.org]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-25 18:59 by Topi.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 25, 2023 19:31

Topi
sarahunwin

[www.cbsnews.com]

Thanks Topi. We will see. Even though I am an AARP member, I still haven’t managed to figure out what the presale code is for that…

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 25, 2023 19:39

roryfaninva

Like it or not, Stones is music for old people. And they might have been the only ones forking over the money.

Posted by: tony ()
Date: November 25, 2023 19:39

They will email you one if you registered with them.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 25, 2023 20:20

Need some help. I’m stuck between a rock & a hard place. I’ve never got tickets on line use to call in years ago. Now it’s on line purchases. My first time. I know if you buy on ticket master the tickets are directed to your TM app.Had someone do that last few years but now they are unavailable that presale day to help. If I go on rolling stones.com to get tickets are the tickets digital or can I print it out. AARP I’m not interested. Thanks for any help

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-25 20:21 by babyblue.

Date: November 25, 2023 20:28

sarahunwin
Topi
sarahunwin

[www.cbsnews.com]

Thanks Topi. We will see. Even though I am an AARP member, I still haven’t managed to figure out what the presale code is for that…

I think you'll just need your AARP membership number to access the presale two hours before any other presales.

Date: November 25, 2023 20:47

babyblue
Need some help. I’m stuck between a rock & a hard place. I’ve never got tickets on line use to call in years ago. Now it’s on line purchases. My first time. I know if you buy on ticket master the tickets are directed to your TM app.Had someone do that last few years but now they are unavailable that presale day to help. If I go on rolling stones.com to get tickets are the tickets digital or can I print it out. AARP I’m not interested. Thanks for any help

Rollingstones.com will not sell tickets. It's either TM or AXS (or both) depending on the venue. The Stones site will only provide links to the ticket vendors' sites.

And I assume mobile tickets only.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: November 25, 2023 20:53

babyblue
My first time. I know if you buy on ticket master the tickets are directed to your TM app.

Strictly speaking, the tickets you buy on TM are directed to the email account associated with your TM account. You can worry about setting up the app and/or printing out later.

The main thing next week is to make your TM online profile is up to date - credit card(s), phone number, etc.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: November 25, 2023 21:18

Regarding the Sphere, I’ve not been to it yet, but friends of mine saw U2 there. One said that the upper level seats were really high up and very steep, so she sat the whole time clutching the chair arms because the height almost gave her vertigo. Another friend sat on the lower level, but in the back and because of the overhang of the seats above, he wasn’t able to see the giant screen at all, only the stage in front of him.

Date: November 25, 2023 21:23

I hope they didn't play "Vertigo"!

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 26, 2023 01:47

dhinkle555
Regarding the Sphere, it seats 20,000 and it would be very difficult for the promoter to meet the Stones per show guarantee with only 20,000 tickets.
In Berlin last year: 21000 tickets

Date: November 26, 2023 03:13

Topi
babyblue

Rollingstones.com will not sell tickets. It's either TM or AXS (or both) depending on the venue. The Stones site will only provide links to the ticket vendors' sites.

Thanks Topi

Date: November 26, 2023 03:14

DeanGoodman
babyblue
My first time. I know if you buy on ticket master the tickets are directed to your TM app.

Strictly speaking, the tickets you buy on TM are directed to the email account associated with your TM account. You can worry about setting up the app and/or printing out later.

The main thing next week is to make your TM online profile is up to date - credit card(s), phone number, etc.
Thanks Dean

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: November 26, 2023 05:48

Topi
babyblue

I thought it was mentioned recently that the only way to get Lucky Dip tickets is from the Stones official site? Is that not true?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 26, 2023 06:29

To treacle, babyblue, beasty and others looking at Vancouver tickets. Ticketmaster has a layout of BC Place for tickets. Below the map it says it does not reflect availability of tickets, however, it does look pretty detailed including the layout of the floor with pit, A and B sections and rear general admission.
My biggest surprise is that there's sections that are not quite behind the stage that showing as available. Normally, in the bottom level, the last 2 sections wouldn't be for sale and the last 4 sections in the upper level wouldn't be for sale. Wondering if the new stage will be more open for more sales beside and almost behind the stage.
BC Place has a longer and wider floor than most US stadiums because it's designed for Canadian football which is 110 yard field with 20 yard end zones so 150 total yards as opposed to 120 for US field. Therefore, the general admission area is a lot bigger.

Date: November 26, 2023 06:42

keefgotsoul
Topi
babyblue

I thought it was mentioned recently that the only way to get Lucky Dip tickets is from the Stones official site? Is that not true?

Partially true. The Stones official site will provide the link to buy Lucky Dips. The actual purchase will be made on Ticketmaster or AXS, depending.

The Stones website does not handle ticketing / transactions. The Lucky Dips will technically just be a separate "event" on the ticket vendor's website and you have to follow the link on the Stones website to find it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-26 07:37 by Topi.

Date: November 26, 2023 08:20

DGA35
To treacle, babyblue, beasty and others looking at Vancouver tickets. Ticketmaster has a layout of BC Place for tickets. Below the map it says it does not reflect availability of tickets, however, it does look pretty detailed including the layout of the floor with pit, A and B sections and rear general admission.
My biggest surprise is that there's sections that are not quite behind the stage that showing as available. Normally, in the bottom level, the last 2 sections wouldn't be for sale and the last 4 sections in the upper level wouldn't be for sale. Wondering if the new stage will be more open for more sales beside and almost behind the stage.
BC Place has a longer and wider floor than most US stadiums because it's designed for Canadian football which is 110 yard field with 20 yard end zones so 150 total yards as opposed to 120 for US field. Therefore, the general admission area is a lot bigger.

Thanks for the heads up

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: November 26, 2023 08:28

Topi
keefgotsoul
Topi
babyblue

Partially true. The Stones official site will provide the link to buy Lucky Dips. The actual purchase will be made on Ticketmaster or AXS, depending.

The Stones website does not handle ticketing / transactions. The Lucky Dips will technically just be a separate "event" on the ticket vendor's website and you have to follow the link on the Stones website to find it.

Ok thanks!

Date: November 26, 2023 14:06

DGA35

Interesting.. I do recall the GA being a lot bigger because of the field, but it does look like there may be something to the more open stage.

Compared the layout with Seattle's and there indeed seems to be behind the stage seats available for it as well.. plot thickens.
May just be generic layouts for now.. but ?

Seattle (top) vs Vancouver layouts

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-26 14:07 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 26, 2023 14:16

Where do you got these layouts from? Ah, just found it at TM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-26 14:22 by MAF.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 67

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home