Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 66
Re: Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour USA/Canada 2024
Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: November 22, 2023 00:45

bcbud
BeastyBurdeny
DGA35
babyblue
DGA35
babyblue
Hey DGA35 & Topi…which shows do you plan to go to?

Just planning Vancouver! Treacle, are you going to Seattle, too?

Just one show hmmm I’m going 3-4

Nice! Not in my budget unfortunately. For 2024, 3 postponed shows: Madonna, Pink and Springsteen. Waiting for AC/DC tour announcement. Knowing my luck, Pink will reschedule her shows the same night as Stones!
Sound at BC Place varies greatly. When I saw AC/DC there last in 2015, it was so echoey you could barely tell what song they were playing. Conversely, McCartney and Elton were pretty decent sound.

It must depend where you are in BC Place too, because Elton and Guns N Roses were some of the worst sound quality experiences I've ever had in a stadium. Super echoey and vocals were completely lost in the echos. I've actually never had a good sound experience there.

I was on the floor (standees section) in 2006 and the sound was quite good, as was McCartney in 2012. Hit and miss, I guess.

That's what I'm thinking, especially with DGA35 having a better sound experience at the same show as my bad experience (Elton).

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 22, 2023 00:51

BeastyBurdeny
bcbud
BeastyBurdeny
DGA35
babyblue
DGA35
babyblue

Just one show hmmm I’m going 3-4

Nice! Not in my budget unfortunately. For 2024, 3 postponed shows: Madonna, Pink and Springsteen. Waiting for AC/DC tour announcement. Knowing my luck, Pink will reschedule her shows the same night as Stones!
Sound at BC Place varies greatly. When I saw AC/DC there last in 2015, it was so echoey you could barely tell what song they were playing. Conversely, McCartney and Elton were pretty decent sound.

It must depend where you are in BC Place too, because Elton and Guns N Roses were some of the worst sound quality experiences I've ever had in a stadium. Super echoey and vocals were completely lost in the echos. I've actually never had a good sound experience there.

I was on the floor (standees section) in 2006 and the sound was quite good, as was McCartney in 2012. Hit and miss, I guess.

That's what I'm thinking, especially with DGA35 having a better sound experience at the same show as my bad experience (Elton).

For both McCartney and Elton I was in the upper bowl in the first few rows on the sidelines. Similar seating to AC/DC. Stones 06 I was on the floor. McCartney 2012 I was in the lower bowl around mid field and thought the sound was good.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 22, 2023 00:54

I see AARP presales for Vancouver. I wonder are Canadians able to be members of AARP? Not sure if there's a CARP equivalent?

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 22, 2023 01:43

gotdablouse
Is it me or does this tour announcement just sound like business as usual after the excitement of the HD tease/announcement/release ?

I was thinking the same thing! No fanfare, big press release, kind of odd

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 22, 2023 01:57

Well in 2006 when I saw Stones the sound was very good. Depends where you sit in BC Place

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 22, 2023 02:22

kovach
So it's been a while since I tried to get into ticketmaster with multiple machines/browsers, I know they've put checks in place to block multiple attempts from the same IP I think, but I was wondering if the same were true if I connected 1 laptop to my neighbors wifi (with her permission of course!), one to mine, and one to a hotspot? Do you have to shut down any VPN?

Just to get options and a better chance of getting in quicker??
You need multiple phone numbers too and voip/google voice numbers don't work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-22 02:25 by daspyknows.

Posted by: bcbud ()
Date: November 22, 2023 02:28

DGA35
I see AARP presales for Vancouver. I wonder are Canadians able to be members of AARP? Not sure if there's a CARP equivalent?

According to Ticketmaster, the artist pre-sale starts at 12:00 am (midnight) on Nov 29 and the AARP pre-sale at 10:00 am, Nov 29. This suggests the artist pre-sale precedes by 10 hours the AARP pre-sale. Strange time to start pre-sales, at midnight (unless 12:00 am refers to noon).

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: November 22, 2023 02:46

"The Sun" newspaper promised us backwater colonials it was going to be a global tour, it's not fair

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: November 22, 2023 02:50

bcbud
DGA35

According to Ticketmaster, the artist pre-sale starts at 12:00 am (midnight) on Nov 29 and the AARP pre-sale at 10:00 am, Nov 29. This suggests the artist pre-sale precedes by 10 hours the AARP pre-sale. Strange time to start pre-sales, at midnight (unless 12:00 am refers to noon).

The artist presale starts at 12PM noon, not midnight. The AARP presale is two hours earlier. Though they describe themselves as concerned with the interests of those over 50, which narrowly excludes me, there is no age limit for membership.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-22 03:00 by SecondSet.

Posted by: bcbud ()
Date: November 22, 2023 03:11

SecondSet
bcbud
DGA35

The artist presale starts at 12PM noon, not midnight. The AARP presale is two hours earlier. Though they describe themselves as concerned with the interests of those over 50, which narrowly excludes me, there is no age limit for membership.

On their site, Ticketmaster states the artist pre-sale commences at 12:00 am, PST, their countdown ticker winds that down to 12:00 am (midnight), Nov 29.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-22 03:13 by bcbud.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 22, 2023 03:25

DGA35
babyblue

Hey guys...so...thinking about both. I've done Lucky Dips 3 times now so I'm considering my luck on those, if they have them.

I guess you can't count on that even being offered though.

We just bought a pair of Taylor Swift tickets for my daughter for...I don't want to say, it's embarrassingly expensive.

If the Stones are at that level I'm out. I just can't justify it, though I know a lot of people who've never seen them and they will pay anything. And that's basically what you've got driving those prices.

Plus a hot new album does not hurt one bit!

Posted by: Iguanamom ()
Date: November 22, 2023 04:44

Houston & Glendale are not listed under Ticketmaster. It looks like AXS is the official ticket vendor for those venues. Sooooo, I’m thinking I’ll need to be logged into AXS for presale for Houston. Thoughts or is anyone’s memory better than mine?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 22, 2023 05:40

Iguanamom
Houston & Glendale are not listed under Ticketmaster. It looks like AXS is the official ticket vendor for those venues. Sooooo, I’m thinking I’ll need to be logged into AXS for presale for Houston. Thoughts or is anyone’s memory better than mine?

Yes, I looked this up earlier. Houston is AXS. Definitely be logged in prior to the presale.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: November 22, 2023 05:48

Chicago also not listed on TM.
I am planning to fly over big water from Japan!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 22, 2023 06:22

swaff
Topi
[www.sfchronicle.com]

'BACKSTAGE' presale code for Santa Clara

Thanks for the 411, I just joined AARP for $12.

Sure. I think AARP will have a different code, the 'BACKSTAGE' one is for the "local/venue presale"

Date: November 22, 2023 06:26

colonial
"The Sun" newspaper promised us backwater colonials it was going to be a global tour, it's not fair

Hey now! Negotiations going on in Austria according to OE24...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-22 06:26 by Topi.

Date: November 22, 2023 06:28

Chicago is AXS too

[www.axs.com]

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: November 22, 2023 06:55

Iguanamom

Tickets for all State Farm Stadium events are available at SeatGeek.com - the official ticketing provider of State Farm Stadium - per website.

Date: November 22, 2023 06:59

I still can't get over the fact that Seatgeek is an official outlet. smiling smiley

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: November 22, 2023 07:42

Lucky Dips go onsale with the general sales right?

Date: November 22, 2023 07:46

Still no price (ranges) leaked?

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 22, 2023 07:54

Delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-22 07:55 by babyblue.

Date: November 22, 2023 07:56

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Still no price (ranges) leaked?

They will hold those cards close to their vest.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 22, 2023 08:00

Topi
colonial

If you read the sun article again they write American dates will be revealed first with other regions coming later.

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: November 22, 2023 08:15

GasLightStreet
DEmerson
MisterDDDD
Looks very likely that Jazz Fest will have Lucky Dips to me.

Had mostly ruled the festival out, based on the crowds and difficulty getting close with the various "Big Chief" or "Grand Marshal VIP" packages required..
With only really wanting/needing up close for the one show..it now becomes a viable option. Lucky Dip ticket for just the Stones, thickens the plot a little.

I just

I’m guessing Jazz Fest will NOT have Lucky Dips (and just that - a guess). The question is, will out of staters also be able to buy just the Stones Thurs. 5/2 show? OR, anyone from Louisiana want to help a guy out and grab one for me next week - I PayPal.

I live in SE LA and I couldn't get tickets last time. I highly doubt I'll be able to get tickets this time.

Last time it was a bizarre situation with the Stones in regard to the times of other stages - but tickets are all (and always have been) general admission. I haven't heard anything different about this May.

I just can't believe they announced NOLA as part of their tour and make it literally impossible to get tickets for that show. Maybe the LA residents thing is for the Jazz Fest sale only, after all there is a dedicated AXS link for a New Orleans show as well now. Did AXS handle Jazz Fest tickets in the past?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 22, 2023 08:42

Nellcote1971
GasLightStreet
DEmerson
MisterDDDD
Looks very likely that Jazz Fest will have Lucky Dips to me.

Had mostly ruled the festival out, based on the crowds and difficulty getting close with the various "Big Chief" or "Grand Marshal VIP" packages required..
With only really wanting/needing up close for the one show..it now becomes a viable option. Lucky Dip ticket for just the Stones, thickens the plot a little.

I just

I’m guessing Jazz Fest will NOT have Lucky Dips (and just that - a guess). The question is, will out of staters also be able to buy just the Stones Thurs. 5/2 show? OR, anyone from Louisiana want to help a guy out and grab one for me next week - I PayPal.

I live in SE LA and I couldn't get tickets last time. I highly doubt I'll be able to get tickets this time.

Last time it was a bizarre situation with the Stones in regard to the times of other stages - but tickets are all (and always have been) general admission. I haven't heard anything different about this May.

I just can't believe they announced NOLA as part of their tour and make it literally impossible to get tickets for that show. Maybe the LA residents thing is for the Jazz Fest sale only, after all there is a dedicated AXS link for a New Orleans show as well now. Did AXS handle Jazz Fest tickets in the past?

Unless I'm misremembering, Jazz Fest has always handled its own ticketing. I'm an LA resident and had basically planned not to try for this because it's so hard to get close (=see anything, because I'm short), but the price point makes it more attractive.

Date: November 22, 2023 08:43

hockenheim95
Topi
colonial

If you read the sun article again they write American dates will be revealed first with other regions coming later.

Its pretty specific though.

Hope for a little hint of bv?

1 us show inc travel equals 5 europe pit shows for me.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 22, 2023 09:29

For The Stones at NOLA Jazz Fest in 2019, there were phone ticket sales, which worked for me. I would recommend this method if they do it again.

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: November 22, 2023 09:48

Topi
colonial

Just read the article. Thomas Zeidler usually has good connections to promoters, this info can be taken seriously.
Talks are obviously about a European Tour in fall...

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: November 22, 2023 09:57

treaclefingers

Hey guys...so...thinking about both. I've done Lucky Dips 3 times now so I'm considering my luck on those, if they have them.

I guess you can't count on that even being offered though.

I would be very surprised if there are no LDs - they are part of the business model: offer tickets at extremely high prices and get rid of the ones not sold via LD, as a way of maximising overall revenue.

Maybe if their analytics models have developed so much that they think they can sell every single ticket at the maximum price possible, then there would be no LDs, but I doubt it.

syrel

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2208
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home