Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 66
Re: Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour USA/Canada 2024
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 21, 2023 20:28

DeanGoodman
gotdablouse
So AARP sponsoring wasn't a joke ;-)

Indeed. The "comedians" were right ... 40 years ago. Too bad the Stones outlasted them.

BTW, I don't think you have to be that old to join AARP. But the marginal benefits are outweighed by the mountain of junk mail and spam after they've sold your details to marketing companies.

I'm sure others remember back in 89, jokes were about the Steel Wheelchairs tour! At that time Jagger was only 46!!!

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: November 21, 2023 20:28

I'm not sure if their set will be the same length as the other shows on the tour, but Jazz Fest will almost certainly have the best openers. And closers.

Date: November 21, 2023 20:29

babyblue
Hey DGA35 & Topi…which shows do you plan to go to?

Just planning Vancouver! Treacle, are you going to Seattle, too?

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: November 21, 2023 20:30

I just canceled my AARP membership (it was worthless) a month ago! Figures. I’m not going to rejoin. I did just sign up for the SoFi Stadium Insiders List though. Life is full of spam!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 21, 2023 20:42

MisterDDDD
damonbramblett
Big Chief is nowhere near the stage. Grand Marshall is Pit.

Sure. Just examples of premium seating/ticket options.

I'm downgrading from "very likely" to.. I bet they will.

In '19, when they had to cancel after tix went on sale, it was much different than this time. JF ran the all the tix it seemed, This time, with them being able to announce before JF, and with the reg layout etc.. I think they'll be able to pull LD's off. They seem oddly very committed to offering them at all the shows they can imo, even Hard Rock Hollywood had 'em.smileys with beer

They never ever had Lucky Dips for Festivals. It's quite easy - If it's a Stones organzed show they have them (except small Club Shows) and if it's a Festival there won't be LD.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: November 21, 2023 20:49

When can we start biching about the setlist?

Date: November 21, 2023 21:00

daniel t
When can we start biching about the setlist?

All in good time! Ticket prices need come in front of that.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: November 21, 2023 21:44

Topi
I honestly am not sure why on earth it would be the location you're buying them from. That doesn't make any sense.

But - now as we are through the official announcement, here's what follows:
    [*] how do I get tix in the presales,
    [*]what tickets should I get,
    [*]how much the tickets are,
    [*]complaining how much the tickets are,
    [*]complaints that they are playing stadiums,
    [*]how do I get to the venue,
    [*]85 more posts on lucky dips,
    [*]why aren’t they playing in my city,
    [*]will they tour Europe/Oz/Asia after this tour
    [*]will they play MSG

(h/t my buddy )

Ha!!! Levi's stadium sucks!!! "CHECK", your list is dead-on.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 21, 2023 21:51

[www.sfchronicle.com]

'BACKSTAGE' presale code for Santa Clara

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: November 21, 2023 21:59

Now that AARP is the sponsor and given ticket prices these days, and I am a member, will they be offering senior citizen ticket discounts? I am just joking...

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: November 21, 2023 22:06

Topi
[www.sfchronicle.com]

'BACKSTAGE' presale code for Santa Clara

Thanks for the 411, I just joined AARP for $12.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 21, 2023 22:25

DGA35
babyblue

Just one show hmmm I’m going 3-4

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: November 21, 2023 22:34

bye bye johnny

Early Access to Rolling Stones Tickets for AARP Members

AARP members get early access to Stones Tour '24 Hackney Diamonds tickets. This special member presale starts at 10 am local time from Nov 29 through 10 pm local time Nov 30. There is an 8 ticket limit.

[www.aarp.org]

I don't find any European countries in drop-down menu at AARP join form.
For instance, there is French Polynesia but no France!
I'm wondering if is it possible to use any US address to join

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 21, 2023 22:34

So it's been a while since I tried to get into ticketmaster with multiple machines/browsers, I know they've put checks in place to block multiple attempts from the same IP I think, but I was wondering if the same were true if I connected 1 laptop to my neighbors wifi (with her permission of course!), one to mine, and one to a hotspot? Do you have to shut down any VPN?

Just to get options and a better chance of getting in quicker??

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: November 21, 2023 22:43

kovach
So it's been a while since I tried to get into ticketmaster with multiple machines/browsers

My recent experience for purchasing tix for the same show has been it's fine to be on the same wifi with separate accounts (requiring different phone numbers) on different computers. Not sure if different browsers and accounts would work on the same computer; that seems risky. The more important rule seems to be only one phone number allowed per show.

For different shows, the same computer with different browsers and same account has worked. I've been able to shop for different shows with the same number.

But the rules are changing all the time, and these were for Dylan in New York, which is smaller.

Date: November 21, 2023 22:47

For the not announced second shows, would there be a presale too based on history?

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 21, 2023 23:04

The AARP sponsorship really cracks me up! Psyched for the tour!

Date: November 21, 2023 23:07

[www.oe24.at]

Austrian newspaper talking about negotiations for a concert in Austria later this summer!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 21, 2023 23:09

hockenheim95
[www.oe24.at]

Austrian newspaper talking about negotiations for a concert in Austria later this summer!

good news (if true) – kind of warning for Europeans not to waste (too much of) their money on the US tour…

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 21, 2023 23:20

Tour teaser to download:
[vimeo.com]

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 21, 2023 23:24

PaintMonkeyManBlack
For the not announced second shows, would there be a presale too based on history?

I remember the last 2 times I got tickets in Chicago they announced additional shows while the first shows were still on sale, like within 30 minutes or less of the start of the presale, and we're included in the presale.

Date: November 21, 2023 23:27

kovach
PaintMonkeyManBlack

I remember the last 2 times I got tickets in Chicago they announced additional shows while the first shows were still on sale, like within 30 minutes or less of the start of the presale, and we're included in the presale.

Wow

Not sure if i like this.. haha.

Date: November 21, 2023 23:44

babyblue
DGA35
babyblue

Nice! Not in my budget unfortunately. For 2024, 3 postponed shows: Madonna, Pink and Springsteen. Waiting for AC/DC tour announcement. Knowing my luck, Pink will reschedule her shows the same night as Stones!
Sound at BC Place varies greatly. When I saw AC/DC there last in 2015, it was so echoey you could barely tell what song they were playing. Conversely, McCartney and Elton were pretty decent sound.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 21, 2023 23:47

Is it me or does this tour announcement just sound like business as usual after the excitement of the HD tease/announcement/release ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 21, 2023 23:50

DGA35

Sound at BC Place varies greatly. When I saw AC/DC there last in 2015, it was so echoey you could barely tell what song they were playing. Conversely, McCartney and Elton were pretty decent sound.

Do you remember if you were in different parts of the stadium, or which area might be better or worse? I was there is 2006 but don’t really remember how the sound quality was. Thanks!

Date: November 21, 2023 23:57

gotdablouse
Is it me or does this tour announcement just sound like business as usual after the excitement of the HD tease/announcement/release ?

What would you have expected?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 21, 2023 23:57

DEmerson
MisterDDDD
Looks very likely that Jazz Fest will have Lucky Dips to me.

Had mostly ruled the festival out, based on the crowds and difficulty getting close with the various "Big Chief" or "Grand Marshal VIP" packages required..
With only really wanting/needing up close for the one show..it now becomes a viable option. Lucky Dip ticket for just the Stones, thickens the plot a little.

I’m guessing Jazz Fest will NOT have Lucky Dips (and just that - a guess). The question is, will out of staters also be able to buy just the Stones Thurs. 5/2 show? OR, anyone from Louisiana want to help a guy out and grab one for me next week - I PayPal.

I live in SE LA and I couldn't get tickets last time. I highly doubt I'll be able to get tickets this time.

Last time it was a bizarre situation with the Stones in regard to the times of other stages - but tickets are all (and always have been) general admission. I haven't heard anything different about this May.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-22 00:02 by GasLightStreet.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: November 22, 2023 00:32

DGA35
babyblue
DGA35
babyblue

Nice! Not in my budget unfortunately. For 2024, 3 postponed shows: Madonna, Pink and Springsteen. Waiting for AC/DC tour announcement. Knowing my luck, Pink will reschedule her shows the same night as Stones!

It must depend where you are in BC Place too, because Elton and Guns N Roses were some of the worst sound quality experiences I've ever had in a stadium. Super echoey and vocals were completely lost in the echos. I've actually never had a good sound experience there.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: November 22, 2023 00:39

Stones will likely be on cover of next AARP magazine.

Posted by: bcbud ()
Date: November 22, 2023 00:39

BeastyBurdeny
DGA35
babyblue
DGA35
babyblue

It must depend where you are in BC Place too, because Elton and Guns N Roses were some of the worst sound quality experiences I've ever had in a stadium. Super echoey and vocals were completely lost in the echos. I've actually never had a good sound experience there.

I was on the floor (standees section) in 2006 and the sound was quite good, as was McCartney in 2012. Hit and miss, I guess.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1662
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home