Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 68
Re: Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour USA/Canada 2024
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 21, 2023 18:06

So AARP sponsoring wasn't a joke ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 21, 2023 18:07

bengigan
I'm sure your flight will have wifi? On March 14th, 2022 I was flying Toronto to Honolulu and booked a bunch of travel for the EU tour during flight

Booked a bunch of travel different than trying to buy tickets to 8 Stones shows with waiting rooms and queues. Ticketbastard won't be friendly.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 21, 2023 18:08

spunky
What are the support acts?winking smiley

Ghost Hounds for at least 8 shows.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 21, 2023 18:10

MononoM
HotStuff92
The announcement didn’t say anything about Lucky Dips, does that info usually come after the initial announcement? Or are they just going to quietly put up the link during the general sale without saying anything about them?
They never announce LD. I guess there will be links when ticket sales is starting (like allways)

Sometimes there's a separate tweet/post re: LDs on the Stones' social

[m.facebook.com]

Date: November 21, 2023 18:10

daspyknows
spunky

I like them!

Support will be decided upon ticket sales for sure.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: November 21, 2023 18:12

Some years ago, I swore not to miss one gig of this band, regardless when and where that would be.

So far, I managed to catch all shows, most of them online, of course.

Now, I'm looking forward to getting up at 3 AM in the night and trying to find a decent stream again, hehehe...

WHAT A BAND!!! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Sodacityflyguy ()
Date: November 21, 2023 18:13

Great thing working for a major airline and a dear friend working for a major hotel. Everything booked for a discount. Best part seeing The Stones play again. Last time in Berlin. And catching up with some great friendsSee ya on the road..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-21 18:14 by Sodacityflyguy.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: November 21, 2023 18:17

so many presales lol
think the aarp one is the first one at most shows...

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 21, 2023 18:17

PaintMonkeyManBlack
daspyknows
spunky

I like them!

Support will be decided upon ticket sales for sure.

Used to be the way.. don't believe it's relevant these days, at least for The Stones.
More like what band the producers/promoters/band want to boost.
Shows will all be *sellouts regardless.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 21, 2023 18:20

Topi
MononoM
HotStuff92
The announcement didn’t say anything about Lucky Dips, does that info usually come after the initial announcement? Or are they just going to quietly put up the link during the general sale without saying anything about them?
They never announce LD. I guess there will be links when ticket sales is starting (like allways)

Sometimes there's a separate tweet/post re: LDs on the Stones' social

[m.facebook.com]

Loooooong time ago. I will try to get LD and once I get them that is a sign that I have to go. (spend money)

Date: November 21, 2023 18:23

gotdablouse

Lol. Nope.
If I was going to be buying tix in the pre-sales, (waiting for LD's in the general sale) I'd finally join.
I mean.. if I was old enough winking smiley

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: November 21, 2023 18:34

Sodacityflyguy
Great thing working for a major airline and a dear friend working for a major hotel. Everything booked for a discount. Best part seeing The Stones play again. Last time in Berlin. And catching up with some great friendsSee ya on the road..

Are you seeing all the shows? I usually book all flights with airline miles I get a lot through my business. Apparently next Tuesday is a great day to book flights it's like the black friday of travel day

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 21, 2023 18:36

daspyknows
spunky

I love the Ghost Hounds! They’re a great band, and watching their singer slink around the stage…starts me up! smiling smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 21, 2023 18:37

Let's hope for those buttons once the General Onsale starts. This image is from a different tour.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 21, 2023 18:38

Flights booked 2 weeks ago from Perth, Western Australia to arrive New York May 22. Straight out to East Rutherford. Two shows at NJ for me. Luckily, the ticket sale date is a few days before I have to pay my airfares, so if by some horrid reason I don’t get tickets to The Stones shows, I am not out of pocket on the fares. Booked the Hilton Meadowlands (walking distance to MetLife by looks) 22-27 May a week ago. Would The Stones stay there????

Might do a bit of Springsteen historical touring whilst in NJ as he’s my second favourite artist. Catch the house be grew up in, Jersey Shore, Stone Pony etc. That’d be nice I hope.

Then into NYC proper for a week.

Was going to do Gillette in Foxboro but that seems a nightmare to get into and out of with not much (any?) accommodation within walking distance of Gillette, so I may give that a miss. Pity. But 2 shows looks good and IF a MSG show eventuates, and it falls between NJ2 and Foxboro I’d definitely try for that, but not counting on it.

Flight back from NYC to Singapore on June 3. 4 nts at the Shangrila there before home to Perth June 8.

Rod

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-21 18:50 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: November 21, 2023 18:44

bitusa2012
with not much (any?) accommodation within walking distance of Gillette

There's a Renaissance and a Hilton Garden Inn at the venue if you have $1000-1500 to spare, but I'm not sure why anyone would want to stay in Foxborough when they could stay in Boston or Providence.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: November 21, 2023 18:48

gotdablouse

Indeed. The "comedians" were right ... 40 years ago. Too bad the Stones outlasted them.

BTW, I don't think you have to be that old to join AARP. But the marginal benefits are outweighed by the mountain of junk mail and spam after they've sold your details to marketing companies.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 21, 2023 18:48

SecondSet
bitusa2012

There's a Renaissance and a Hilton Garden Inn at the venue if you have $1000-1500 to spare, but I'm not sure why anyone would want to stay in Foxborough when they could stay in Boston or Providence.

Thanks. I have a wife who’s not that well but wants to be there, so to be close to the venues would be a bonus. And I’ve read here that travel from/to Boston CBD is not that easy and would certainly NOT be easy for her. Providence, though, mmm, might look at that.

Rod

Date: November 21, 2023 18:53

SecondSet
bitusa2012

... or the Lizzie Borden murder house in Fall River, now a BnB about 45 mins south of Gillette.

Date: November 21, 2023 19:00

This thread is now open. Please use this thread:

It makes me think of Charlie Watts “open” and “closed” sign that Watts used that was on his coat hanger near the drum kit.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-21 19:02 by MrForeverMusicFan.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 21, 2023 19:01

If they are brave enough to get sponsored by AARP, then they can darn well play "Mother's Little Helper"

Date: November 21, 2023 19:03

Looks very likely that Jazz Fest will have Lucky Dips to me.

Had mostly ruled the festival out, based on the crowds and difficulty getting close with the various "Big Chief" or "Grand Marshal VIP" packages required..
With only really wanting/needing up close for the one show..it now becomes a viable option. Lucky Dip ticket for just the Stones, thickens the plot a little.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 21, 2023 19:28

bye bye johnny

Early Access to Rolling Stones Tickets for AARP Members

AARP members get early access to Stones Tour '24 Hackney Diamonds tickets. This special member presale starts at 10 am local time from Nov 29 through 10 pm local time Nov 30. There is an 8 ticket limit.

[www.aarp.org]

Assuming this is yet a different presale from the RS.com presale, but at the same time, though could open up more tickets available during the presale.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: November 21, 2023 19:32

MisterDDDD

Had mostly ruled the festival out, based on the crowds and difficulty getting close with the various "Big Chief" or "Grand Marshal VIP" packages required..
With only really wanting/needing up close for the one show..it now becomes a viable option. Lucky Dip ticket for just the Stones, thickens the plot a little.

I’m guessing Jazz Fest will NOT have Lucky Dips (and just that - a guess). The question is, will out of staters also be able to buy just the Stones Thurs. 5/2 show? OR, anyone from Louisiana want to help a guy out and grab one for me next week - I PayPal.

Date: November 21, 2023 19:43

bitusa2012
Flights booked 2 weeks ago from Perth, Western Australia to arrive New York May 22. Straight out to East Rutherford. Two shows at NJ for me. Luckily, the ticket sale date is a few days before I have to pay my airfares, so if by some horrid reason I don’t get tickets to The Stones shows, I am not out of pocket on the fares. Booked the Hilton Meadowlands (walking distance to MetLife by looks) 22-27 May a week ago. Would The Stones stay there????

Well… no… lol

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: November 21, 2023 19:51

MisterDDDD

I doubt there will be Lucky Dips for the Jazzfest shows.
Its not like the other shows where there is desiganted seating.
They are offering discounted GA's for locals only, but they have always done that for the Thursday shows.
Unfortunately its seems the only way to get close to the stage for that gig will be with the purchase of the 4 day Big Chief or Grand Marshall passes.

[www.nojazzfest.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-21 19:53 by spikenyc.

Posted by: damonbramblett ()
Date: November 21, 2023 19:57

Big Chief is nowhere near the stage. Grand Marshall is Pit.

Date: November 21, 2023 20:06

damonbramblett

Sure. Just examples of premium seating/ticket options.

I'm downgrading from "very likely" to.. I bet they will.

In '19, when they had to cancel after tix went on sale, it was much different than this time. JF ran the all the tix it seemed, This time, with them being able to announce before JF, and with the reg layout etc.. I think they'll be able to pull LD's off. They seem oddly very committed to offering them at all the shows they can imo, even Hard Rock Hollywood had 'em.smileys with beer

Posted by: Ellipooh ()
Date: November 21, 2023 20:12

damonbramblett

Thank you, that’s helpful information for us JF novices. I appreciate your sharing!

***Can't you hear me knocking?***

Date: November 21, 2023 20:19

damonbramblett

There's a map here:

[www.nojazzfest.com]

Yes, the Big Chief "raised and covered private viewing area" is a couple of miles northeast of the stage.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 68

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1747
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home