Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5960616263646566676869Next
Current Page: 68 of 69
Re: Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour USA/Canada 2024
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 12, 2024 02:06

What time have they been hitting the stage? Heading to allegiant soon, but I don't want to go in too early.

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: May 12, 2024 02:56

MingSubu
What time have they been hitting the stage? Heading to allegiant soon, but I don't want to go in too early.

9:20 in Glendale.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 12, 2024 03:34

jmd
MingSubu

9:20 in Glendale.

Thank you

Posted by: Pvk2 ()
Date: May 12, 2024 03:35

Phoenixvideo: [youtube.com] Set being uploaded .. videos from PIT B, stage

Posted by: Bosmatic1 ()
Date: May 12, 2024 06:52

I love the new/current screen/stage set up. Kind of miss the 4 tall screens from the 2019 tour but understand why they aren’t doing it now. This stage set up looks like it will provided lots of good visibility for those in the higher up seats.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 12, 2024 09:25

Shared somewhere... the Stones have certainly integrated into the now.

[stufish.com]

What U2 did in 2017 with JOSHUA TREE (absolutely mind blowing stage - the best ever), then the Stones with NO FILTER in stadiums... then/and U2 with EXPERIENCE/INNOCENCE in arenas and the Stones with, well, recent and now: too early to tell if U2's Sphere shows (and more recently, Phish) have had any influence on stadium shows..

U2's 360 stage seems to be an anomaly. It's gotten back to front of house video experience/stage (obviously the Sphere is the exception but that's not a tour).

The day the Stones bring holograms on stage for a tour it's done.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: May 12, 2024 19:08

After the Seattle show there is an 8 day gap until the next show in New Jersey at MetLife Stadium.

I wonder if there would possibly be another small club show in NYC during that time?
Also, they still have not annouced the warm-up band for the first MetLife show?

Hmmmm....? eye popping smiley

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 12, 2024 23:57

GasLightStreet

[stufish.com]

What U2 did in 2017 with JOSHUA TREE (absolutely mind blowing stage - the best ever), then the Stones with NO FILTER in stadiums... then/and U2 with EXPERIENCE/INNOCENCE in arenas and the Stones with, well, recent and now: too early to tell if U2's Sphere shows (and more recently, Phish) have had any influence on stadium shows..

U2's 360 stage seems to be an anomaly. It's gotten back to front of house video experience/stage (obviously the Sphere is the exception but that's not a tour).

How do you know that's not what you are seeing now. winking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 13, 2024 06:15

keefriffhards
GasLightStreet

[stufish.com]

How do you know that's not what you are seeing now. winking smiley

Because YouTube is the truth!!??

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 13, 2024 22:21

Atlanta and Philadelphia face value Pit B available on Ticketmaster.

Orlando as well.

Both Pit A and Pit B for Foxboro, as reported in the Foxboro thread.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-13 22:34 by Topi.

Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour USA/Canada 2024
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 14, 2024 18:04

Kory Grow of Rolling Stone speaks with Patrick Woodroffe and Ray Winkler

EXCLUSIVE

The Rolling Stones Rehearsed 60 to 70 Songs for ‘Hackney Diamonds’ Tour

Creative team behind band's ongoing trek explains everything that went into getting the band into stadiums

By Kory Grow
May 14, 2024

Amy Harris/Invision/AP

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: TW2019 ()
Date: May 23, 2024 16:04

Show added: Missouri

[x.com]

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: May 23, 2024 16:06

hot smiley

Date: May 23, 2024 16:11

There were some rumors about the Missouri show going around.

You'll also remember that Ridgedale, MO was part of the planned, but never announced, 2023 tour. BV mentioned it in one of his posts last year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-23 16:12 by Topi.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 23, 2024 16:15

"A brand new show has just been announced for the Stones Tour ‘24 Hackney Diamonds! It will be the final stop on the North American Tour and will see the Stones playing Thunder Ridge Nature Reserve, Missouri on July 21! Tickets go on sale May 31 at 10am local, presale details to follow, so get ready!" - [X.com] , [Facebook.com] , [Instagram.com] - Story , [RollingStones.com] . Presale - [X.com] , Instagram-Story.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-23 21:45 by Irix.

Date: May 23, 2024 16:18

I was Depending on You ... to post it smiling smiley

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: May 23, 2024 16:48

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 23, 2024 21:40

Ridge Nature Arena - Extra Tour Date on July 21 - Presale-Code:

"Get pre-sale ticket access for The Rolling Stones - Thunder Ridge Nature Arena Extra Tour Date on July 21st 2024. Enter your details below before 23:59am (CT) Tuesday 28th May 2024 to receive an exclusive ticket pre-sale code. You will receive your pre-sale code & ticket link by 6am (CT) Wednesday 29th May 2024. The pre-sale will be live at 10am (CT) Wednesday 29th May 2024 till 10pm (CT) Thursday 30th May 2024."

[UK-UMG.com] , [Web.Archive.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-30 20:50 by Irix.

Date: May 23, 2024 23:06

Wanna bet the code won't be all that "exclusive"?

Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour USA/Canada 2024
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 29, 2024 17:41

Tuscaloosa-raised Chuck Leavell plays with Rolling Stones on Hackney Diamonds tour

Mark Hughes Cobb
May 29, 2024

Glendale AZ, May 7 (Michael Chow/The Republic)

Chuck Leavell is off the farm again, at least for most of the next couple of months, as the Birmingham-born, Tuscaloosa-raised pianist joins the Rolling Stones on its 2024 tour.

He's been with the Stones for 42 years now, on the road, and often on record, but in between, still manages Charlane Plantation in southeast Georgia, plays solo, writes on conservation and other issues, and fits in outside gigs.

Over the decades his pantheon of partners has included the Allman Brothers Band, Eric Clapton, Chuck Berry, Aretha Franklin, George Harrison, David Gilmour, Gov't Mule, Col. Bruce Hampton and the Aquarium Rescue Unit, John Mayer, the Indigo Girls, Train, the Black Crowes, Blues Traveler, and Sea Level, the Allman Brothers-spinoff group he fronted, among others.

After launching to national prominence during a decade with the ABB, stamping his own sound with the sunlight-on-water piano solo in "Jessica," from "Brothers and Sisters," Leavell joined the Stones in 1982. He serves as its principal keyboardist on tour, and music director, helping Mick Jagger decide each show's set list. In his role keeping the others happy, Leavell began long ago taking notes for more than six decades' worth of music, keeping the keys and changes and such readily to hand.

Though up to his elbows in Stones, Leavell took the time to answer some e-mailed questions.

"We had a fantastic rehearsal time. It is always my favorite time with the band. We play all sorts of numbers," he said, "this time, especially the new material."

That new stuff stems from fall 2023 release "Hackney Diamonds," the Stones' first disc of original material since 2005's "A Bigger Bang." It's also their first without drummer Charlie Watts, who died in 2021, though some of Watts' playing, from 2019 recordings, appear on "Mess It Up," and "Live by the Sword."

Steve Jordan, who has played with the Stones through the years, sits behind the kit for the rest of the album. Long-retired Bill Wyman returned to play bass on "Live by the Sword," and a sky full of stars joined on various tracks, including Stevie Wonder, Elton John, Paul McCartney, Lady Gaga and Benmont Tench (keyboardist for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers).

"We can’t bring all of what we rehearsed to the stage, obviously," Leavell said. "We’d be doing a five-hour show! But it is great to have the options to change some numbers in and out.

"One of the priorities on this tour is to play three to four of the new songs every night. Yes, we’re going to do a good many of the iconic ones, and try to get a deep track or two in there, but it’s really important to do some of the new ones, and so far, they have been really well received."

Set lists for the Stones at earlier May gigs indicate a heavy lean on classics, from "Tumbling Dice" to "Paint it Black" to "Gimme Shelter" to "Sympathy for the Devil" to "Jumping Jack Flash" to "Beast of Burden" to "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction," colored with fan-voted-picks such as "Monkey Man" and "You Got Me Rocking," alongside three songs from "Hackney Diamonds," in "Angry," "Mess It Up," and "Sweet Sounds of Heaven."

The last of those, a gospel/soul-flavored balled, featured keys by Wonder, with vocals by Gaga. Covering for her on tour is the band's newest member, Chanel Haynes.

"She sat in with us on the last tour on a night when Sasha Allen couldn’t make it, and did a fantastic job. Sasha is pregnant now, and Chanel was available, so we signed her up. She is an amazing vocalist," he said, a New Orleans native and former lead singer of gospel group Trin-i-tee 5:7. After that band broke up, she turned to acting, and the title role in "Tina: The Tina Turner Story" in London's West End. "And she is a really great and fun person to be with."

Leavell can't say whether any of the disc's guest superstars might pop up on stage one night or other.

"It’s quite difficult to arrange schedules with these kinds of artists, but sometimes things can work out," he said. "No official word on anyone at this point, and we just focus on what we need to do to make the best show possible. We are really hitting a stride, now that we are five shows into the tour."

Gearing up to touring speed isn't tough as you might think for Leavell, who operates Charlane Plantation, a 2,500 acre tree farm and hunting preserve, with his wife of 51 years, Rose Lane White Leavell.

"Whether at home or on tour, I keep a physical routine going, which helps me to stay fit and gives me the energy I need for doing whatever the task may be. And it’s fairly easy for me to shift gears. There are some breaks in the current tour here and there that allow me to make little trips home," he said.

"When I do get back, I’m usually on a tractor the day after I arrive! I love the work, and it helps to keep me balanced."

The fingers don't get overlooked, either. As legendary cellist Pablo Casals said, when asked why, at 80, he continued to practice four to five hours per day: "Because I think I am making progress."

"I also make sure I get piano practice in both on the road and at home, usually at least an hour a day," he said.

And his life goes on, even outside the Stones. "There are always other issues to deal with, communications concerning business, lining up my own solo shows and presentations in-between tours, looking after issues to do with managing our land. But I don’t find it difficult to take care of these things and devote the time necessary to keep it all going."

For what he'd once hoped might be a five or so year gig, Leavell feels blessed.

"I find it truly remarkable that we are still doing this at juncture at this level," he said, "and that the folks still want to come see the band in these numbers." The venues the Stones are playing for the 2024 tour, mostly stadiums, range in capacities from about 52,000 to 60,000, with many of them reporting early sell-outs.

"When I first got this gig back in 1982, when I was 30 years old, I thought to myself: 'Well, this is pretty darn cool. I’m playing with the Rolling Stones. Wouldn’t it be great if I could get maybe three, four or even five years out of this?'

"That was 42 years ago. And in between all those years, playing with Eric Clapton for a good while, touring with David Gilmour, Gov’t Mule, doing records with the Black Crowes, Train, John Mayer and others, and having opportunities to do my own music, all of it has just been such a blessing.

"And I don’t take any of it for granted!"

The remainder of the Rolling Stones tour, extending into July, includes dates in New Jersey, Massachusetts, Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Colorado, Illinois, California, and in Vancouver, Canada. The closest to Tuscaloosa will be June 7, at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta. See more here: [rollingstones.com]

[www.tuscaloosanews.com]

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: May 31, 2024 20:44

This tour seems to be rockin' .. Every song vote tho makes me go "Ah man, now we won't get that one in Atlanta!"

They could add Heartbreaker, Shattered, and Emotional Rescue to every show and I'd be happy smiling smiley

Hope they hold onto Midnight Rambler too.. If I could only choose to hear them play one song it's always that

Appreciate the reviews , keep 'em coming

(p.s. And for Heaven's sake keep Tell Me Straight in the set!)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-31 20:47 by snoopy2.

Date: June 4, 2024 16:13

I’m sure this has been asked many times but anyone been successful with upgrading at shows this tour? For Cleveland, I had to go cheap. Missed on dips. Just wondering the best way to do this. Thanks

Date: June 4, 2024 16:22

I know people have checked which seats were left unsold on TM and just moved into those seats. That's one way to self-upgrade.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 4, 2024 16:54

Topi
I know people have checked which seats were left unsold on TM and just moved into those seats. That's one way to self-upgrade.

OR there's the classic, shows started and these seats seem to be empty...

Date: June 4, 2024 19:54

Be a shame to let a good seat go to waste!

Date: June 4, 2024 20:26

Yeah was just wondering if it’s worth it to try Guest Services or even Will Call/Ticket Office. Worst they say is no

Date: June 4, 2024 22:53

Sure can't hurt to ask. Thing is though, they probably wouldn't be doing it for free.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 5, 2024 17:14

Topi
Be a shame to let a good seat go to waste!

not a shame...a CRYING shame.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: June 6, 2024 06:36

need some help identifying where theses photos were taken

mick posted the on facebook and captioned them

Some moments in between shows lately.. see you tonight in Orlando!

facebook

this one i'm sure is from boston

this one i think is from the seattle area

these two i have no idea

Posted by: glimmertwinz ()
Date: June 6, 2024 10:56

Hey all
It was great to see some of you fine people in NJ, and I’m hoping to grab some last min tix for some of the remaining shows. But has anyone heard of any tour plans for next year?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5960616263646566676869Next
Current Page: 68 of 69

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1851
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home