Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hotel Stories
Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: December 6, 2005 02:44

If you have worked in or have just hung around any of the hotels the Stones have stayed in and have a story,please post it here. This includes limo and cab drivers. There has to be a good room service story out there!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-06 02:47 by ohcarol.

Re: Hotel Stories
Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: December 6, 2005 03:05

Heard a story in Memphis last week from a dude working at the Peabody that Mick and Keith had 28 trunks of wardobe, just between them. They took up the entire 12th floor of the Peabody was what I was told.

Now this is starting to sound like a post on Mickjagger.com so I'll stop.

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: December 6, 2005 03:14

Does anyone know where the stones stay in Toronto?

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: December 6, 2005 03:31

Private Houses. I met a woman who does film location houses. That's what she told me.

4 Seasons for the shows when they're just in for the night.

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: December 6, 2005 03:52

camper88 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Heard a story in Memphis last week from a dude
> working at the Peabody that Mick and Keith had 28
> trunks of wardobe, just between them. They took
> up the entire 12th floor of the Peabody was what I
> was told.
>
> Now this is starting to sound like a post on
> Mickjagger.com so I'll stop.

I still think the Rendevous story has merit, but I know that's a restaurant story smiling smiley!

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 6, 2005 04:50

Read my post under "Meeting Ron Wood". Great guy.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: December 6, 2005 05:08

I saw Alan Dunn and crew outside the hotel in Seattle. They had luggage and guitar cases, trunks, amps, etc, lined up on the sidewalk beside the hotel stretching for half a block. I am not sure how many people are part of this tour's traveling entourage but moving this group from city to city is a logistics success story worthy of publishing in a textbook.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 6, 2005 07:05

I met Arnold Dunn at the Four Seasons in Chicago and he was very very nice. He approached me and sat down and we talked for a while. I also met Lisa Fischer there was also very nice - I of course told her she's fabulous on Night Time but I missed Gimme Shelter - she said that a lot of people are saying that.

I met Ron's limo driver in Durham, NC and we talked a long time. He said that one of Ron's guys comes down before Ron to check the SUV and make sure there's no garbage, no people hiding, and a fresh bottle of water in it!

I never had interest in going to hotels but in Stockholm in '03, my hotel was right next to theirs and I happened to pass by right before they all checked out. I decided to hang out and our group of 4 people became about 300 over a couple of hours. They all came out one after another and were pretty cordial to the crowd - I got a great long wave from Keith as they drove away.

Posted by: johan ()
Date: December 6, 2005 13:32

Hi,

See the following link (with the same title):

[iorr.org]

Johan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2044
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home