Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: 2024 album release?
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: January 3, 2024 00:55

smoking smiley

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: January 3, 2024 01:16

Waiting until 2025 or 2026 to release a new album? That's too far away. They need to release it this year. They are not getting younger and time is getting short. Strike while the iron is hot and keep the momentum going. They used to release an album a year. I hope they do that again.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 3, 2024 03:25

Going by the comments, of having other songs in the can coupled with "we aren't done yet" - and considering the possible recording in Italy -- I am thinking they are looking to surprise everyone with a sooner than later release - as in maybe within the next couple months.

But then again, it could be end up being another 18 years and counting...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 3, 2024 03:53

LeonidP
Going by the comments, of having other songs in the can coupled with "we aren't done yet" - and considering the possible recording in Italy -- I am thinking they are looking to surprise everyone with a sooner than later release - as in maybe within the next couple months.

It seems that the Stones could release a new album this year if they wanted to - to my understanding their contract with UMG is basically "at will".

It would certainly make sense to release a new album after the tour, and maybe at some point during the tour they get a single finished and released, and just lump it in with the HD tour.

Because no matter what who at UMG says about 18 months blah blah blah because that's their window, it doesn't mean/state that at the end of the 17th month post-release that they do something (or that it actually goes 18 months). What, a seventh single? No one paid attention to the first three except maybe a few thousand fans.

No one will care by then - but a new album, hell yeah, TIME ON A CHAIN (an ode to their age and last album, with a picture of a watch with a chain attached to trousers/jeans) with a year or two tour. Because they (UMG) go by what Mick says: they're not going to tell him no: a new album moves better than a single.

And then another greatest hits comp after the follow up to HD called...

PAINT IT BLACK. Hopefully. Opposed to SIXTY PLUS or some lame ass album title like in 2012. Because they'll make fun of themselves being 83-85 years old and be brilliantly arrogant and release an octuplet hits compilation that covers their entire career because they can and then... it's truly over.

As it should be by then.

Not very far away.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 3, 2024 10:07

doitywoik
Topi
Now, Rainy Day Men aside, on the actual topic: my understanding is that the Stones were originally supposed to release two albums in 2023. One earlier on the year and another around the holidays.

Did they every say anythig like this? (I couldn't recall.).

They did not.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 3, 2024 16:43

HardRiffin
[www.instagram.com]

So the next album will be French chansons? grinning smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 3, 2024 16:48

WorriedAboutYou
Will this be the best album since Hackney Diamonds?

Yeah, any new album will be the best since the last one. smiling smiley

More seriously now, a new album together with (or before) a potential Fall tour wouldn't seem totally unrealistic to me. Might also freshen up the set lists a bit.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 4, 2024 06:08

GasLightStreet
LeonidP

It seems that the Stones could release a new album this year if they wanted to - to my understanding their contract with UMG is basically "at will".

It would certainly make sense to release a new album after the tour, and maybe at some point during the tour they get a single finished and released, and just lump it in with the HD tour.

Because no matter what who at UMG says about 18 months blah blah blah because that's their window, it doesn't mean/state that at the end of the 17th month post-release that they do something (or that it actually goes 18 months). What, a seventh single? No one paid attention to the first three except maybe a few thousand fans.

No one will care by then - but a new album, hell yeah, TIME ON A CHAIN (an ode to their age and last album, with a picture of a watch with a chain attached to trousers/jeans) with a year or two tour. Because they (UMG) go by what Mick says: they're not going to tell him no: a new album moves better than a single.

And then another greatest hits comp after the follow up to HD called...

PAINT IT BLACK. Hopefully. Opposed to SIXTY PLUS or some lame ass album title like in 2012. Because they'll make fun of themselves being 83-85 years old and be brilliantly arrogant and release an octuplet hits compilation that covers their entire career because they can and then... it's truly over.

As it should be by then.

Not very far away.

Well my thinking is ... they (hopefully) might thing that too much time has passed since HD and the upcoming tour, and that they'll surprise us all w/ a release to start w/ the tour. It could happen!!

Posted by: Hutchence ()
Date: January 12, 2024 13:27

[superdeluxeedition.com]

Sorry, didn't know where else to post this smiling smiley

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: January 12, 2024 14:28

Hutchence
[superdeluxeedition.com]

Sorry, didn't know where else to post this smiling smiley

Maybe here: [iorr.org] smiling smiley

Posted by: Hutchence ()
Date: January 12, 2024 18:57

My bad, I didn't see it. Thank you smiling smiley

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: January 12, 2024 19:39

I reckon they will, if they can, tour Europe after the US. Probably next year but who know, maybe later in the year. They might work on the new album at stages but will hold on to it until they toured at least the US and EU before they will release it.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: January 12, 2024 20:43

For a minute I thought there was also a superdeluxe edition released, but it's just the name of the site and it are the same versions we saw before.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 13, 2024 05:23

Wuudy
I reckon they will, if they can, tour Europe after the US. Probably next year but who know, maybe later in the year. They might work on the new album at stages but will hold on to it until they toured at least the US and EU before they will release it.

Europe is not this year I really doubt it.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2154
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home