Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: 2024 album release?
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 30, 2023 06:45

slewan
to me the only (and main) aspect that might indicate that they really have another album on their minds (to be released some time in the future but most likely not as early as 2024) is that there no bonus tracks released – neither on any version of Hackney Diamonds nor on the two singles they released. This is so untypical for that Stones that it seems likely that they might want to kept some songs for another album…

Apart from that, Mick and Ronnie said so (haven't read any respective statements from Keith but that doesn't say that there aren't any).

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: October 30, 2023 09:21

I wouldn't mind an album of the leftover tracks and some more songs in 2024, but more important to me would be a Blue & Lonesome II.

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: October 30, 2023 14:24

RobertJohnson
I wouldn't mind an album of the leftover tracks and some more songs in 2024, but more important to me would be a Blue & Lonesome II.

I could live with that !

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 30, 2023 14:28

Me too ...

...But come on guys..really ?

We've only had HD for two weeks . Can't we just enjoy this one for a while before thinking about the next grinning smiley

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: October 30, 2023 15:06

Will this be the best album since Hackney Diamonds?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 30, 2023 18:15

WorriedAboutYou

Will this be the best album since Hackney Diamonds?

"Best studio album of the last two decades" smiling smiley

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: October 30, 2023 20:07

Maybe HD delux for Xmas with bonus tracks and the racket club gig dvd?

or a Sucking in the twenty20's type album would be great

or better

STILL Sucking in the twenty20's

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 31, 2023 05:13

Why another lp HD just came out?

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 31, 2023 05:14

Spud
Me too ...

...But come on guys..really ?

We've only had HD for two weeks . Can't we just enjoy this one for a while before thinking about the next grinning smiley

I agree!

Date: November 10, 2023 10:11

[www.musikexpress.de]

"The Rolling Stones promise more material - and new albums"

"Richards also said in the interview with "SiriusXM NPR" that there will always be new records "until we can't anymore"."

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: January 1, 2024 12:57

VoodooLounge13
jahisnotdead
I am 100% expecting a Hackney Diamonds remix album before next Christmas, and maybe even in spring. From what I understand there are no remixes at all on the Angry and Sweet Sounds singles and we know Mick loves remixes. There was one for Ghost Town, and several for Gotta Get A Grip and England Lost. I predict the Stones will have a full remix album. That's probably where Dua Lipa fits into the picture, I imagine.

Is this available on CD somewhere or DL only???

I haven't heard of any physical release of the remix.

Date: January 1, 2024 13:10

jahisnotdead
VoodooLounge13

Is this available on CD somewhere or DL only???

I haven't heard of any physical release of the remix.

Allegedly there's a promo disc of the Alok-Remix - [www.Discogs.com] .

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: January 1, 2024 13:14

No security will be reissued on vinyl and the 7-inch singles 1971-2023 or never

Date: January 1, 2024 13:25

mick64

No security will be reissued on vinyl and the 7-inch singles 1971-2023 or never

Only Universal Music knows that. There's currently nothing scheduled. 'No Security' wasn't re-released on CD. Maybe there're some rights issues - so a Vinyl re-release is questionable as well.

Date: January 1, 2024 15:12

I guess we will see and hear the rest of the HD-sessions and some actually new songs collected on a new album this or next year. But what I hope is a Blue and Lonesome II this year. The back catalogue of Blues classics is vast, and the interpretations of our band are almost always unique.

Date: January 1, 2024 15:20

RobertJohnson

I guess we will see and hear the rest of the HD-sessions and some actually new songs collected on a new album this or next year.

New album probably by Xmas 2025 - they're busy with touring until then.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: January 1, 2024 16:42

smoking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 1, 2024 16:57

Mick and Keith in Italy recently working on new material. Looks like they really are interested in releasing more new material. Mick even said so.

As of today, 1-1-2024, it's three months and 28 days until the first show of the tour. It's not that far away.

Have they post-HD release and will they be recording pre-tour? We'll find out eventually. UME or whoever, Polydor, has an 18 month plan for the album - as they should since it was released almost exactly 6 months before the tour. That leaves 13 more months of hype so... maybe more touring in 2025 - if Mick sticks that.

Because we know Mick can tell them off.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 1, 2024 17:10

new album(s) – yes
by the Stones – no, at least not in 2024 (as far as I remember bv pointed out that the Stones will be concentrating on promoting HD for the next 18 months).

the rumors about a new Bob Dylan album to be released in spring (or even earlier) sound more promising and much more realistic.

Date: January 1, 2024 17:15

GasLightStreet

Have they post-HD release and will they be recording pre-tour?

Probably not. In a German interview, Mick said that he will be busy from January 2024 with the preparations (voice & fitness) for the 2024 US-Tour.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 1, 2024 18:32

Bob Dylan mentioned!

Date: January 1, 2024 20:31

Topi
Bob Dylan mentioned!

I have to meet expectations
(what did you expect? rain?)

Date: January 1, 2024 21:50

I got none.

Date: January 1, 2024 22:19

Topi
I got none.

haha – you know what I was referring to…

Date: January 1, 2024 22:38

And maybe you know which Stones song I was referring to!

Date: January 2, 2024 06:44

Now, Rainy Day Men aside, on the actual topic: my understanding is that the Stones were originally supposed to release two albums in 2023. One earlier on the year and another around the holidays.

Plans changed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-02 06:47 by Topi.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 2, 2024 16:19

Topi
Now, Rainy Day Men aside, on the actual topic: my understanding is that the Stones were originally supposed to release two albums in 2023. One earlier on the year and another around the holidays.

Did they every say anythig like this? (I couldn't recall.) Judging from the latest statements by Mick and Keith, they had made a selection of 23 (or so) songs that they finally worked on seriously, eleven of which were chosen for release on HD (not counting RS Blues), so there's another bunch of songs that is completed and produced (or very close to completion) and which they work on now on and off. Realistically speaking, releasing another album before the upcoming tour doesn't seem likely to me but I might imagine that they might consider to release another album to accompany a potential Fall tour of Europe or so.

At any rate, what all this seems to show is that our (or at least, my) suspicion that they didn't really complete anything in all those years of sessions since 2016 were not so far from the truth. As for me, I would have expected more than just two songs with Charlie on HD (one of which, moreover, was apparently constructed only after his demise).

But whatever the actual state of affairs, it's good to know that they are actively working of new material and say that much of the next album is already in the can. That differs significantly from all the Don't Hold Your Breath talk in the previous years.

Date: January 2, 2024 16:22

Topi

Plans changed.

They did, didn't they? winking smiley

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: January 2, 2024 16:44

IMO, I of course want a new album, but I would love some of the songs from HD in remix co-ops with some other artists first. Mess it up had a big potential, even my kids danced and sang to it. But the remix was under the bar.

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: January 3, 2024 00:40

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2062
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home