Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: Mess It Up - Track Talk
Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 13, 2023 19:42

BN78
My story to share: I'm in the back seat of my daughter's car riding back home from a recent family event, her mother is in front passenger and my daughter's boyfriend riding back with me. Daughter's apple Play was queued in and everyone took a round at being DJ. Context here, my daughter (early 20's), her mother, and the boyfriend all endlessly enjoy the current pop country stuff (that's all I'll say - don't want to offend anyone who likes this genre)and so they all went before me. When I was handed th Apple Play to spin a tune, it was this one and told my daughter to "turn it up- you gotta hear this one loud".

It immediately hooked my daughter who was shaking to the beat and singing, and by the time we got towards the end of the track, the whole car was singing and tapping to the outro!

That's the only testament I need outside my Stones universe to know that this is an awesome tune written and performed as only the Stones can do. A top track for me on this great album!

Excellent story!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 13, 2023 19:44

Yep!
Hope it's a good remix, like the "radio" version of D&G and not some kind of aimless track like those we got in droves in the 90s!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Mess It Up Remix - November 17
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: November 13, 2023 19:48

We just got emails saying the Mess It Up Remix will be released on November 17.
Ofcourse, this track is perfect already and doesn't need a remix, but with the right people this might become a worldwide dance hit like Elton's Cold Heart.

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 13, 2023 20:34

The 17th date from Mick's interview last month was actually right, but it was November, not October.

Also good to release the song at last on a Friday, they missed a UK Top 20 with Angry with 2 lost days of streaming and sales, they also missed another Top 100 chart hit with SSOH with a lost day of sales and streaming.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 13, 2023 21:08

jahisnotdead
Great news! I look forward to it. I wonder if this will be the Dua Lipa guest spot or if we'll still have that to look forward to in the future.

Good thinking! That would definitely "shine a light" on this!

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: November 13, 2023 21:08

georgelicks
The 17th date from Mick's interview last month was actually right, but it was November, not October.

Also good to release the song at last on a Friday, they missed a UK Top 20 with Angry with 2 lost days of streaming and sales, they also missed another Top 100 chart hit with SSOH with a lost day of sales and streaming.

yes! Interesting to see who did the remix

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: November 13, 2023 22:05

georgelicks

Also with Mess it up (my fav on the album) they must feel some confidence in the song given that they will release it on a friday

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: November 14, 2023 06:57

I'm curious if the standard version of "Mess It Up" will also be released as a physical single on the same day as the remix, or if it's just the remix alone.

There is some precedence for this speculation, as back in the day a special remix of "Too Much Blood" was released for the dance floors, but the standard version of the track as heard on the album was never released as a single on its own.

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Posted by: RollstoDRSC ()
Date: November 14, 2023 12:46

Hi fanatics... Friday will due out a mixed version of Mess it up!!

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 14, 2023 13:00

will the remix only be released online?

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 14, 2023 17:57

Ugh, not a fan of remixes. Especially when the song is perfect already ... Release it as is!!

Posted by: RollstoDRSC ()
Date: November 14, 2023 18:03

Sorry I don't know really.. but I think both online and CD Single...
..but by the way It was until now a big sh*t two CD singles with only one title track...it never was before!!
DRSC Dieter

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: November 14, 2023 19:14

Isn't this a Black Eyed Peas song?

I am sure some were shaking their heads not knowing what to make of Miss You when it came out in 1978... Then Emotional Rescue... Too Much Blood... Anybody Seen My Baby?...

This time Mick took it a step further.

I just don't like it. It is catchy but that makes kinda 'cheap.' Still, I can see its appeal. I'd actually prefer Sweet Thing over this track.

Honestly, I don't know how Keef would be okay with putting out a straight up dance track like this. This is just sooo not Keef. Imagine anything like this on a KR solo album... Phffffew.

I am surprised how much praise this song gets from Stones fans here on iorr.org...

It is this song, along with Whole Wide World, that I am trying to stay away from.

HD is a really tight album and it may be their best since Voodoo Lounge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-14 19:16 by frenki09.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: November 14, 2023 19:14

RollstoDRSC
Sorry I don't know really.. but I think both online and CD Single...
..but by the way It was until now a big sh*t two CD singles with only one title track...it never was before!!
DRSC Dieter

Well, I am not unhappy that we do not get 20 silly remixes of Saint Of Me or Out Of Control anymore...

Date: November 14, 2023 19:55

frenki09

I am sure some were shaking their heads not knowing what to make of Miss You when it came out in 1978... Then Emotional Rescue... Too Much Blood... Anybody Seen My Baby?...

I just don't like it. It is catchy but that makes kinda 'cheap.' Still, I can see its appeal. I'd actually prefer Sweet Thing over this track.

Honestly, I don't know how Keef would be okay with putting out a straight up dance track like this. This is just sooo not Keef. Imagine anything like this on a KR solo album... Phffffew.

I am surprised how much praise this song gets from Stones fans here on iorr.org...

It is this song, along with Whole Wide World, that I am trying to stay away from.

Keith wasn't OK with it, hence they added the great guitars that wound up on the final version. Great track.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 14, 2023 21:02

Where was this mentioned ? I remember reading that Ronnie said that he'd managed to get Keith to approve the inclusion of the song by telling him that Mick neeeded a track to dance to or something like that ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 14, 2023 21:06

DandelionPowderman
frenki09

Keith wasn't OK with it, hence they added the great guitars that wound up on the final version. Great track.

That's an example of some, I don't know if they're creative differences, but where some compromise elevated the music. Love the guitar on that track.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: November 16, 2023 00:23

The first seconds of the song with those terric chords is superb. And Jagger's Come on!!!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 16, 2023 05:57

That 4 beat... Keith's fall in riffage.

Kinda weird to read that Mick thought that a lot of what they'd recorded with Charlie didn't click (or whatever). It must've been so not good enough in a way that even with Charlie drumming it wasn't enough.

I wonder if that's something that Mick might reconsider in 2 or 5 years.

Probably not. Same reason any kind of TATTOO YOU 2 didn't happen.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 16, 2023 13:07

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
frenki09

That's an example of some, I don't know if they're creative differences, but where some compromise elevated the music. Love the guitar on that track.

Basically "Mess It Up" repeats the model of "Miss You": Mick having a great and catchy dance track, but Keith (with Ronnie) adds there a great guitar department that uplifts the whole thing into new dimension.

In a way one could think that as a comprimise between Mick and Keith, but I tend to think that more like the differences, even the tension between them, supporting each other, making the result even more tasty. And sounding like, you know, The Rolling Stones.

Anyway, in "Mess It Up" the guitars sound like adding an exciting story of their own to follow in this song full of different phases already. Some fantastic work there.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-16 13:14 by Doxa.

Date: November 16, 2023 14:04

Doxa
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
frenki09

Basically "Mess It Up" repeats the model of "Miss You": Mick having a great and catchy dance track, but Keith (with Ronnie) adds there a great guitar department that uplifts the whole thing into new dimension.

In a way one could think that as a comprimise between Mick and Keith, but I tend to think that more like the differences, even the tension between them, supporting each other, making the result even more tasty. And sounding like, you know, The Rolling Stones.

Anyway, in "Mess It Up" the guitars sound like adding an exciting story of their own to follow in this song full of different phases already. Some fantastic work there.

- Doxa

The interesting thing about Mess It Up is that as a pop/dance sort of track, it's immediately accessible which is great on the one hand, but you know those ones are the first to "get tiring" upon repeat listens.

With this though, for me, it's actually grown in stature and now stands as one of the key tracks to the album, better certainly than Angry which I still love but I'm not hitting "repeat" on like say Mess It Up, Whole Wide World, Depending on You or even Bite My Head Off (which just does get better with every listen too).

It's quite an album really.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: November 16, 2023 15:21

I think for the Remix they will probably ditch the guitar and make it all electromic

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: November 16, 2023 15:51

Who do we hear speaking at the false start? Is it Charlie or Mick?

Date: November 16, 2023 15:54

dedospegajosos

Charlie of course.

Date: November 16, 2023 15:56

georgelicks
dedospegajosos

Charlie of course.

That's what I thought, that´s awesome!

Date: November 16, 2023 16:07

dedospegajosos
georgelicks
dedospegajosos

Charlie of course.

It's the first time you can hear Charlie's voice on a Stones studio album.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 16, 2023 16:09

any news in a physical release?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 16, 2023 16:09

Doxa said:

I agree. One could also add "Anybody Seen My Baby" to that list.

I just wish they would have left Biz Markie off of the track. Maybe some sax in there instead.

Date: November 16, 2023 16:29

georgelicks
dedospegajosos
georgelicks
dedospegajosos

Charlie of course.

It's the first time you can hear Charlie's voice on a Stones studio album.

Incredible... we can hear him also on a live record when he says "HELLO" on Shine A Light Soundtrack, don´t remember if he speaks on another live album tough..

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 16, 2023 17:10

This single / remix is due out tomorrow and so far not a single official tease ?

sc uk

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2092
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home