Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10
Re: Mess It Up - Track Talk
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 3, 2023 06:27

KeithNacho
Andrew Watt on guitar?? Everytime there is less place for Keith.

That makes zero sense.

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: November 3, 2023 14:24

Date: November 3, 2023 14:25

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: November 3, 2023 16:26

This is an interesting one for me - on the first few listens it didn't grab me, but it is now probably my favourite song on the album. I do think it could be quite a big hit if they release it as a single.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 3, 2023 16:40

Barkerboy2
This is an interesting one for me - on the first few listens it didn't grab me, but it is now probably my favourite song on the album. I do think it could be quite a big hit if they release it as a single.

It's very interesting how some of the songs grow. I wasn't initially into Get Close, but now I'm crazy about it. Mess It Up is my favorite track off the album but the other two in my top three (Whole Wide World and Get Close) are practically in a 3 way tie with each other.

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: November 3, 2023 16:53

I like those two as well - for me, the weakest track is Live By The Sword, but that is growing on me. I have seen a lot of people saying that is one of their favourites! I personally don't think there is a bad song on the album though!

Date: November 3, 2023 18:27

Instrumental:
[youtu.be]

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: November 3, 2023 19:44

HardRiffin
Instrumental:
[youtu.be]

This proves that Keith plays on the track, the riff in the verses together with Ronnie and holding out chords in the chorus. Especially the phrasing in the third chorus is unmistakenly Keith.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-03 20:00 by MonkeyMan2000.

Date: November 3, 2023 20:09

MonkeyMan2000
HardRiffin
Instrumental:
[youtu.be]

This proves that Keith plays on the track, the riff in the verses together with Ronnie and holding out chords in the chorus. Especially the phrasing in the third chorus is unmistakenly Keith.

thumbs up

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 4, 2023 02:44

Mess It Up debuts at #26 on the UK Radio Airplay Chart with 344 plays last week and 17.76 million audience impression.

They should push this song now with a video and remixes, the radio is already playing it without the oficial single status.

Date: November 4, 2023 02:57

MonkeyMan2000
HardRiffin
Instrumental:
[youtu.be]

I'm almost convinced, but not quite. Could be Mick.

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: November 4, 2023 08:25

It’s getting a lot of radio play in the UK bur for me a great song is let down by a weak - if catchy - chorus.

Date: November 4, 2023 17:44

georgelicks
Mess It Up debuts at #26 on the UK Radio Airplay Chart with 344 plays last week and 17.76 million audience impression.

They should push this song now with a video and remixes, the radio is already playing it without the oficial single status.

Frankly, I would have expected a good video to push "Mess It Up"...I was sure of that. I don't understand why they didn't do it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-04 17:48 by HardRiffin.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 4, 2023 18:08

HardRiffin
georgelicks

Frankly, I would have expected a good video to push "Mess It Up"...I was sure of that. I don't understand why they didn't do it.

The budget went all to the ANGRY video, that was 2 months ago and except the live video of SSOH (too late, the song was already out as physical single weeks ago) nothing is pushing the album now.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: November 4, 2023 18:30

good funky bass !

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: November 4, 2023 21:27

DandelionPowderman
MonkeyMan2000
HardRiffin
Instrumental:
[youtu.be]

I'm almost convinced, but not quite. Could be Mick.

Yeah, thought about that too. But the arguments that convinced me was the bright attack and the irregularity in the phrasing between the choruses. I think Mick mostly sticks to one pattern when he plays guitar...

Date: November 4, 2023 22:25

It's usually easy to spot Mick's guitar. It will be early on; often start the song; on HD seems like it hovers over on Ronnie's side. Always heavy on the low strings. And like MM said, sticks to a pattern.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: November 6, 2023 17:23

Still wondering what the plan is for this song. First plan was to release it as the third single. Its a fantastic tune that have the potential to be a hit with the right colab!

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 7, 2023 12:35

Listening to it now after making love to the mistress, great tune!

Easily Top 5 when talking Hackney Diamonds.

Date: November 7, 2023 12:58

For me it is a mistake not to have released a good video for this song.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: November 7, 2023 13:10

I don't know if that's true or not, but I nearly spat out my coffee laughing! Love it!

MadMax

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 7, 2023 16:14

MadMax

Cool!

So what song on the album then, would you make love to the wife to, do ya know what I mean?

And don't say the same song, because that would be so disrespectful.

Date: November 7, 2023 16:37

Palace Revolution 2000
It's usually easy to spot Mick's guitar. It will be early on; often start the song; on HD seems like it hovers over on Ronnie's side. Always heavy on the low strings. And like MM said, sticks to a pattern.

True. Not this time, though (Depending On You being the exception - and Mess It Up could be, but I'm not sure yet). Seems like Mick's rhythm guitar tracks are merely filling in to enhance dynamics for the second part of the songs he plays on on HD (Angry, SSOH etc.).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-07 16:38 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: November 7, 2023 17:10

peoplewitheyes
I don't know if that's true or not, but I nearly spat out my coffee laughing! Love it!

MadMax

Only way to keeping it dangerous Mate!

Date: November 7, 2023 17:14

treaclefingers
MadMax

Cool!

So what song on the album then, would you make love to the wife to, do ya know what I mean?

I only shag to Melody and Feel On Baby Mate.
However, lately I have only been able to get it going with Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda".

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: November 12, 2023 17:49

My story to share: I'm in the back seat of my daughter's car riding back home from a recent family event, her mother is in front passenger and my daughter's boyfriend riding back with me. Daughter's apple Play was queued in and everyone took a round at being DJ. Context here, my daughter (early 20's), her mother, and the boyfriend all endlessly enjoy the current pop country stuff (that's all I'll say - don't want to offend anyone who likes this genre)and so they all went before me. When I was handed th Apple Play to spin a tune, it was this one and told my daughter to "turn it up- you gotta hear this one loud".

It immediately hooked my daughter who was shaking to the beat and singing, and by the time we got towards the end of the track, the whole car was singing and tapping to the outro!

That's the only testament I need outside my Stones universe to know that this is an awesome tune written and performed as only the Stones can do. A top track for me on this great album!

Date: November 12, 2023 18:02

MadMax
treaclefingers
MadMax

Cool!

I only shag to Melody and Feel On Baby Mate.
However, lately I have only been able to get it going with Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda".

Hey cool! You made me throw up a bit in my mouth!

Date: November 13, 2023 19:08

MESS IT UP REMIX COMING NOV. 17th! Looks like it may be a physical copy too!

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: November 13, 2023 19:31

treaclefingers
MESS IT UP REMIX COMING NOV. 17th! Looks like it may be a physical copy too!

Just saw that as well. Its a great tune!

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 13, 2023 19:41

Great news! I look forward to it. I wonder if this will be the Dua Lipa guest spot or if we'll still have that to look forward to in the future.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1733
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home