Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Dreamy Skies - Track Talk
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 12, 2023 13:56

kovach
I like it but kind of lacks a chorus.

Yeah, but I think that is the charm of this song. Namely, in about all the rest of them have clear (and catchy) choruses and middle eights, and like sounding they put extra attention to that kind of melodic structures. But here is like an anti-thesis to all of that. It is like a simple Dylan-like folk song basically, repeating musically the same hook (the one that sounds like having taken out of "Short And Curlies"). I am really fond of that decision. An irresistible tune in my book.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-12 13:58 by Doxa.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 12, 2023 15:51

What a great song, loving it more each time I listen.

Can't help but to want to hear this one live.
Likely never will see a "B" stage again, but this would be a perfect song for them to resurrect it with. Instant classic imo.
Not that it really matters, and it gets real convoluted, but I would classify this as an "American/Roots" or "Americana" song as opposed to the broader "Country" label.
No other rock band does the genre better,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-12 15:59 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 13, 2023 10:29

MisterDDDD
What a great song, loving it more each time I listen.

Can't help but to want to hear this one live.
Likely never will see a "B" stage again, but this would be a perfect song for them to resurrect it with. Instant classic imo.
Not that it really matters, and it gets real convoluted, but I would classify this as an "American/Roots" or "Americana" song as opposed to the broader "Country" label.
No other rock band does the genre better,

well,

This "London band" were probably amongst the most influential pioneers of what folks today call Americana.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 13, 2023 15:31

Spud

well,

This "London band" were probably amongst the most influential pioneers of what folks today call Americana.

Wouldn't count them as amongst the "most" influential, but definitely in the mix smileys with beer

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 13, 2023 17:12

Doxa
kovach

Yeah, but I think that is the charm of this song. Namely, in about all the rest of them have clear (and catchy) choruses and middle eights, and like sounding they put extra attention to that kind of melodic structures. But here is like an anti-thesis to all of that. It is like a simple Dylan-like folk song basically, repeating musically the same hook (the one that sounds like having taken out of "Short And Curlies"). I am really fond of that decision. An irresistible tune in my book.

- Doxa

This is one of those songs that I think will stand the test of time. It just enhances what is already a great album and such a tip of the hat to the genre and it's place in the strongest part of their catalogue, the big 4.

Date: November 13, 2023 22:25

treaclefingers
Doxa
kovach

- Doxa

This is one of those songs that I think will stand the test of time. It just enhances what is already a great album and such a tip of the hat to the genre and it's place in the strongest part of their catalogue, the big 4.

Great point by treacle. This is a song that will stand the test of time. It is the one song that took me the longest to warm up to. I thought that the bridge comes way too late in the song. But now I love that. It meanders perfectly.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: November 15, 2023 14:08

They wanted to write a song in a modern Hank Williams style. The chorus (bridge) turned out to be a bit too pop, but the guitars sound nice.

(Reminds me a bit of "Every time I break her heart" from the 50 Fully Finished Outtakes, but that outtake is better)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-15 16:44 by 1962.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: November 16, 2023 00:20

Excelent vibe, beautiful, unbeliaveable work by Ronnie. I like it too much

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 16, 2023 02:58

They wanted to write a song in a modern Hank Williams style. The chorus (bridge) turned out to be a bit too pop, but the guitars sound nice.

(Reminds me a bit of "Every time I break her heart" from the 50 Fully Finished Outtakes, but that outtake is better)

I don't make that connection. Every time I Break Her Heart, to me, sounds a lot like Far Away Eyes. As a matter of fact, if it came before Far Away Eyes (not sure if it did), I would think it was the same song, re-worked into the release for Some Girls.

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: November 17, 2023 11:07

Date: November 17, 2023 11:18

HardRiffin
[www.instagram.com]

Brilliant! smiling smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 17, 2023 11:56

DandelionPowderman
HardRiffin
[www.instagram.com]

Brilliant! smiling smiley

Indeed!!

- Doxa

Date: November 17, 2023 13:21

Jagger is in the acoustic Gibson camp.drinking smiley

[www.instagram.com]

Date: November 17, 2023 15:57

Absolutely awesome. What a great song.

Not sure it will work in a stadium though.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: November 21, 2023 02:44

MisterDDDD

Agreed to the extent to which I'll claim the idea of "wilderness" for my(/their semi-adoptive) country, which helps make this the one that grabs me the most after the first single, even as I felt and still feel it's a bit under-written. But the acoustic run-through in India puts me in mind of the Beatles' time there pre-White Album and the primacy of naked expression it inspired in John especially. I still think it's a bit underwritten - they aren't John - and the White Album has never been my favo(u)rite either, but it does seem to contextualize the song's lack of adornment and make it more universal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-21 02:46 by SecondSet.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: November 21, 2023 02:45

Also, it's a good theme for the 'gram profile, and John Mayer should watch his back. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-21 02:47 by SecondSet.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: November 21, 2023 05:10

I absolutely love this song, and have since the first time I listened to it. Ronnie’s slide guitar is superb, as is Mick’s harmonica. Keith’s backing vocals are sweet. The only thing I would change is the title. I’d have called it Away from it All, but Dreamy Skies it is. Excellent song.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: November 21, 2023 11:12

The song I usually skip...because I want to keep the energy from Bite my head and WWW - and jump straight in to Mess it up, Sword...

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1472
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home