Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Whole Wide World - Track Talk
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 19, 2023 06:12

BlueTurns2Grey
wiredallnight
BlueTurns2Grey
Now live from The Racket officially on YT:

[youtu.be]

Compare it to this

[www.youtube.com]

You hear that it is overdubbed.

Yes, you are right with that, it's good to have the alternate audience recordings too.

Yikes.

WTF happened at 1:47!!!!???

Some of those clams are in the official!

Oh wow. Dreary streets of London...

Part of it is the mix.

But obviously... "got you on the run" was fixed.

Ugh.

The amount of fixing live albums over the years... think of the guitars - how are they able to match the tone/sound in a studio vs the stage?

That might tell you something.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: December 19, 2023 13:46

They have to fix that,mostly because of the dreadful background vocal from Chanel Haynes.She was terrible in that song

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: December 19, 2023 14:02

Am I the only one who finds it weirdly insulting that they just didn't care which guitarist place what when they inserted the studio parts onto the live tracks?

The thought of Keith playing those ascending octave-lines in the chorus hahahah

That's never happened on other overdubbed live albums, has it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-19 14:02 by MonkeyMan2000.

Date: December 19, 2023 14:23

The live songs sound fab, even if they HAVE been well 'massaged'. Really excellent listen, especially WWW and Tumblin and Jumpin Jack!

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: February 10, 2024 22:38

The riff is similar to Five Foot One:

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 11, 2024 00:41

yeababyyea

Good one, I hear a resemblance to Iggy! I also think it is similar to Infamy, with a slightly increased tempo.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 25, 2024 20:56

DandelionPowderman
My favourite so far.
Thisis a great song with great playing

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 25, 2024 23:31

yeababyyea

great song/video

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 26, 2024 13:43

It is nice to read and listen all those possible references to different sources. Or what kind of resemblances one hears. What is interesting and making 'Whole Wide World' a pretty exceptional new Stones track: the references typically go outside of their own recorded history. Usually, almost every time the instant reference is their old doings. I was and am very impressed that they were able to offer something this fresh and novel at this stage. And how damn well it works. They make it sound 'Stonesy', sounding natural to them. They were once masters in that, but it has turned more difficult to them along the years. For natural reasons, of course (the old dogs do not easily learn new tricks, etc.)

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-26 13:55 by Doxa.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 27, 2024 15:35

Doxa
It is nice to read and listen all those possible references to different sources. Or what kind of resemblances one hears. What is interesting and making 'Whole Wide World' a pretty exceptional new Stones track: the references typically go outside of their own recorded history. Usually, almost every time the instant reference is their old doings. I was and am very impressed that they were able to offer something this fresh and novel at this stage. And how damn well it works. They make it sound 'Stonesy', sounding natural to them. They were once masters in that, but it has turned more difficult to them along the years. For natural reasons, of course (the old dogs do not easily learn new tricks, etc.)

- Doxa

In amongst a great listing of tracks, this one as well for me is rising to the top not only because it's excellent but because of it's uniqueness.

While something like SSoH is instantly recognizable as a classic, this one is a bit more subtle...for me, I think it's joining the canon of classics that "never get old to listen to over and over again", to which I include songs such as Rocks Off, All Down The Line, Moonlight Mile, She's So Cold, Street Fighting Man, Undercover of the Night and Jumpin' Jack Flash.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 27, 2024 16:29

Jagger’s lyrics are great and meaningful.They are amongst his best ever.And the music and playing is great.I like Watt’s bass playing a lot better than Jones.The song isclassic Stones

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-27 17:31 by Taylor1.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2241
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home