Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Bite My Head Off - Track Talk
Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: November 1, 2023 13:12

"It´s very complicaaated"...for some...you really need to search for the chords...live,,,

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: November 1, 2023 13:35

kovach
Maybe my favorite on the album.

Completely agree, a great track

Date: November 1, 2023 13:36

Bjorn
"It´s very complicaaated"...for some...you really need to search for the chords...live,,,

The Stones never only play straight chords live all the way through - hence they're searching for licks. Can be hit or miss, though winking smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 1, 2023 16:24

This song is absolutely fantastic.
Hard to believe that it isn't from 1979...LOVE IT!
Long live The Rolling Stones!!!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 1, 2023 16:42

Completely punk. Not much to it, but you can hear the joy of getting to smack away at a good rocker… Love the sound of Macca’s bass too.

Those 20 seconds from around 2.10 to 2.30 is some of the most joyful I’ve heard in a long time. I mean it goes full steam ahead and THEN we get Paul f****** McCartney pumping the bass right before a stellar solo.

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-01 17:15 by JumpingKentFlash.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: November 1, 2023 17:22

Hold on to your hat comes near this thing. With two excellent audible guitar partas

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 2, 2023 01:50

Watched the full live performance from the Racket last night. Sounded great live. Even Darryl wasn't totally lost. Am I dreaming, or do you think Jordan is kicking his ass, trying to show him what rock and roll is?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 2, 2023 02:55

flilflam
This is the worst song on the album. It consists of at best 4 or 5 notes repeated ad nauseam, over and over, until you want to scream and say STOP! It sounds like something a teenage boy might compose for his garage band, in the sixties, in order to impress his girl friend.

No it isn't. There isn't a worst song on the album. Perhaps only you want to say stop. It's easy for you - don't listen anymore.

You seem to think that rock'n'roll is supposed to mature. It's not a finite art form. There's no grace in rock'n'roll by its nature. 'Oh Mick dyes his hair.'

Yet no one cares when artists dye their hair purple etc.

Mick needs to act his age? Says who? He's an artist. He can do, say, write, sing what he wants.

Give it up. Just enjoy that they're still rolling.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 2, 2023 03:02

DandelionPowderman
From Justin's Hang Fire-podcast: Bite My Head Off (full version) from Racket, NYC.

[www.youtube.com]

Goddamn! They're KICKIN'!!!

Jordan is a monster! And Ronnie - best solo he's played in 300 years!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 2, 2023 04:08

ROCKMAN

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: November 2, 2023 08:10

He's In The Jailhouse Now. That is what I hear in Bite My Head Off.

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: November 2, 2023 09:52

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
From Justin's Hang Fire-podcast: Bite My Head Off (full version) from Racket, NYC.

[www.youtube.com]

Goddamn! They're KICKIN'!!!

Jordan is a monster! And Ronnie - best solo he's played in 300 years!

Maybe this song needs a third guitar (Mick).

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 2, 2023 12:27

Yeah a third guitar would be cool like for Whip or Respectable...especially since Keith wasn't exactly very "active" the other day...

That was indeed a cool solo by Ronnie, he's really recovered from his health issues, he was so-so in 2022 after carrying the guitars on stage since 2012, but he's back !

There is no "fuzz" to be heard in the bass solo, I'm pretty sure there were clips where you could hear it loud and clear though.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: November 2, 2023 12:49

This is a why I love the Stones. I hear a live version of a song that I think is just okay and all of a sudden the song clicks with me. I can only imagine what a better sound quality version of this performance sounds like.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 2, 2023 14:09

If there's one contribution that's standout from Andrew Watt on the album, (and there's many of course), it's getting Paul McCartney to play the fuzz bass guitar.

What a standout part, just lifts the song up so high. And Ronnie sounds fantastic too.

It's another in the bunch that just grows with each listen.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 2, 2023 14:50

treaclefingers
If there's one contribution that's standout from Andrew Watt on the album, (and there's many of course), it's getting Paul McCartney to play the fuzz bass guitar.
I do agree, the 'fuzz' is very cool, but I think Paul McC did that on his own. Not 100% where I heard that, I think it was Ronnie's interview on Fallon.

Date: November 2, 2023 15:02

LeonidP
treaclefingers
I do agree, the 'fuzz' is very cool, but I think Paul McC did that on his own. Not 100% where I heard that, I think it was Ronnie's interview on Fallon.

Andrew showed him a copy of his Hofner bass, only this one had a built-in distortion effect. Supposedly, Paul didn't notice right away, and really got a kick out of the effect when Andrew told him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-02 15:02 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 2, 2023 15:03

Ronnie is certainly more focussed...a free but nicely structured solo...not just a load of lazy, directionless noodling.

Date: November 3, 2023 18:31

Instrumental:
[youtu.be]

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: November 3, 2023 20:40

I really like the song. It’s pretty easy to figure out the guitar parts. The song rocks. I like McCartney playing on the song.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 3, 2023 23:35

The album shows two fantastic bassists, McCartney and Wyman. (And Keith is damn good on Angry). It puts them both on a different plane of bass player.

Date: November 3, 2023 23:45

24FPS
The album shows two fantastic bassists, McCartney and Wyman. (And Keith is damn good on Angry). It puts them both on a different plane of bass player.

Andrew is very good on Mess It Up.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: November 4, 2023 14:28

I love "Bite My Head Off." It really rocks! All of the musicians perform great. Great energy like Rock-n-Roll should be!

Mick often comes up with great life lessons or psychoanalyzes situations ("Sad, Sad, Sad" for example) making sense out of life.

"Bite My Head Off" happened to me at work. I had to rely on others to get a job done and they decided to take a break instead
of their work. The big boss came back to me and asked, "Where are the results of the job I asked you to have the guys do?"
I covered for them and said, "They are still working on it."

I found the first guy that I asked for help and asked, "Is eating fast food more important than your job? You left me 'holding the bag.'
You 'put me on the spot.' "Do your job when the big boss asks for something to be done!"

The next thing I knew, another coworker who was the main problem, telling the others, "I took care of it (the job)." He got in my face and started yelling,
"You didn't do this. You didn't do that..." None of which had anything to do with the job at hand. He didn't take responsibility and thought of a quick way out to bite my head off!

This big fellow thinks a good defense is to attack with a harsh offense, skipping all of the things he didn't do when he was supposed to be working.
He thought he'd bite my head off with his screaming and accusations about me. He never once mentioned anything about the issue at hand, the job the big boss needed immediately.

I stood up, looked at the lazy bully, in the eyes and said, "Why you bite my head off? You didn't do your job. Do you think screaming at me, attacking me
is going to change the fact that you fcuked up? You're looking for a quick way out."

Then I said, "Why are you screaming at me?" He said, "I had to."

I had many more things at work to worry about.

The new Rolling Stones rocker, "Bite My Head Off" started playing in my brain...

Date: November 4, 2023 14:36

Bite My Head Off

Why you bite my head off?
Why you get so pissed off?
Why you bite my head off now?

c'mon

Actin' such a jerk off
Why you have to mouth-off?
I got the world to worry about

Yeah, if I was a dog
Yeah, you would kick me down
I'd be spendin' the night
Howlin' 'round your house
but I ain't on a leash, yeah
Well, I ain't on a chain
You think I'm your bitch
I'm @#$%&' with your brain, yeah

Why'd ya bite my head off?
Yeah

C'mon, c'mon

Well, life can be a riot
I can be the pilot
Provided that it's private

Why? C'mon

Now you got me drinkin'
Started to stop thinkin'
The whole @#$%&' ship is sinkin', sinkin'
I'm lookin' for a quick way out

Yeah, well, I'm hearin' the bark
And I'm feelin' the bite, yeah
I'm seein' the shark
I think I gotta hide
Well, I ain't on a leash
Well, I ain't on a chain
You think I'm your bitch
I'm @#$%&' with your brain, yeah

C'mon, Paul, let's hear bass

C'mon

Wait

Well, why you bite my head off?
Just 'cause you are red hot?
Actin' like a desperate
Why you bite my head off now?

Yeah, why you bite my head off?
Why you rip the bed up?

Date: November 4, 2023 17:58

Well done "Lady Shelters"!!
[youtu.be]

Date: November 4, 2023 19:09

"Bite My Head Off"

idiom. informal. : to yell at someone or to be very critical of someone especially very suddenly and without a good reason.

I asked him one simple question and he bit my head off.

Date: November 5, 2023 00:40

"Bite My Head Off"

idiom. informal. : to yell at someone or to be very critical of someone especially very suddenly and without a good reason.

I asked him one simple question and he bit my head off.

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: November 5, 2023 10:14

The up tempo is fine, but the lyrics are cheap. I hate it when Jagger sings about ".....with your brain", or like in Sparks will fly : "I wanna .... your sweet ass ".

So childish.

And that for an 80 year old man.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: November 5, 2023 10:25

Agreed. For a man as erudite and sophisticated at Mr J, it is rather pathetic.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: November 5, 2023 10:25

Agreed. For a man as erudite and sophisticated at Mr J, it is rather pathetic.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1621
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home