Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 96
Re: Hackney Diamonds - Album Talk
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 1, 2023 14:35

Lynd8

... Another enticement would have been "and now...the non-brickwalled version!"

I'm hoping for an Abbey Road vinyl remaster at some point ...from a nice flat digital transfer.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 1, 2023 14:40

liddas
georgelicks
HD back at #1 on Amazon UK and still at #4 on this week's midweek chart, it will be a HOT item with the UK buying public this year.

VoodooLounge13 moved to London?

C

LOL I wish! Absolutely LOVE London!! Perhaps my favorite international city that I've visited thus far!!! But I am much more of a Mountains person, and at this point in life, I don't think I could be enticed to move to a city.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: December 1, 2023 18:09

VoodooLounge13
LeonidP
VoodooLounge13
Bought. 16th copy. Haven't played the album in about 2 weeks now. Maybe a lil longer.
??? Each copy has different songs?

No they’re mostly all the same track listing except for my Japanese SHM Jewel case with LIAGT bonus track. All the rest are standard track listing. But with all the colored vinyl variants this Live edition now makes #16 for me. And unfortunately the album IMHO is a bit underwhelming so I’ve bought all these copies because I was so ecstatic to have new Stones music finally and it’s just meh. Kinda sucks. But hey for all of you who think it’s just below the hallowed big 4, God bless ya.

So you don't have the best one, the Japanese SHM Digipak?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 1, 2023 18:20

DeanGoodman

Here's why: [iorr.org] .

Date: December 1, 2023 18:40

Irix
DeanGoodman

Irix, my fine sir, you are starting to rival the great Rock around here!!! How do you remember all this stuff!!! Wow. I'm humbled by your memory!!!

Indeed, the digipak is the ONLY version I do not own. Kinda bummed there isn't a Japanese Live version without the bonus track. Don't really need that again. But I did order it yday from CDJapan with the bonus poster. Also snagged Now and Then, which I really love. A fitting finale for the Fab. And from another Japanese site, the pair of GNR singles I'd been meaning to order along with Sinead's last album (deluxe format) and Do They Know It's Christmas Band-Aid single.

Date: December 1, 2023 18:50

VoodooLounge13

How do you remember all this stuff!!!

Because I can remember what I said or posted. winking smiley

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: December 1, 2023 18:53

Irix
DeanGoodman

Love my SHM Digipak (but bought 16 copies in case of disaster).

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 1, 2023 18:57

Hackney Diamonds up to #3 on the UK chart this week, amazing success so far in homeland and with the new version out in 2 weeks it will stay high during all December.

Date: December 1, 2023 19:10

georgelicks

Hackney Diamonds up to #3 on the UK chart this week

Same in Germany, back to #2 this week - [www.OffizielleCharts.de] .

Date: December 1, 2023 19:15

I guess the record company wasn't fooling when they said they have plans to milk this for the next 18 months! Be ready for the video version in a couple of months. Then the bonus disc with the remixes and/or other tracks mentioned that were to make up the next album. Perhaps they will then package the album with the live concert from each city to continue the sales run......

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: December 1, 2023 19:16

Billboard magazine and stones website indicate it is a January 2024 release and other sites like Amazon UK say December 15. I have not found a listing with Amazon USA yet

Date: December 1, 2023 19:20

Bashlets

it is a January 2024 release and other sites like Amazon UK say December 15

Hackney Diamonds 2CD Live Edition is released Dec. 15th in Europe & Japan and Jan. 19th in the United States - [iorr.org] .

Date: December 1, 2023 19:31

Bashlets
Billboard magazine and stones website indicate it is a January 2024 release and other sites like Amazon UK say December 15. I have not found a listing with Amazon USA yet

Universal is milking the album where the audience is buying the album: UK and Europe.

In the US is all about touring, the album is almost out of the Top 200 so all the promotion is in the UK, radio airplay for Mess It Up, bonus live version out on the week before Christamas, etc.

Date: December 1, 2023 19:35

georgelicks

Universal is milking the album where the audience is buying the album: UK and Europe.

In Europe (UK still part of it) people are still buying CDs while in the United States it's mostly streaming (84% according to the RIAA).

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: December 1, 2023 19:36

georgelicks
Hackney Diamonds up to #3 on the UK chart this week, amazing success so far in homeland and with the new version out in 2 weeks it will stay high during all December.

smileys with beer

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 1, 2023 20:34

So HD has sold over a million worldwide up to now...Not bad, in 2023!

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: December 1, 2023 21:16

HD Special Live Edition sold out in CD Japan. I had it in my cart, let it go to think about it (incl postage about 45 Euro), 20 mins later went back and stock was gone - am sure they'll get more, just a question of when.

The Japanese editions are so collectible with the packaging - obi strip, SHM..etc.

Date: December 1, 2023 22:14

Some things ya just can't wait on!! I've lost out on some Japan-only releases in doing that, and while they're costly upfront, it's even worse in the Proxy market!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 1, 2023 22:44

As Howard Tate said ..... Get it while you can ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 1, 2023 23:20

HD Special Live Edition sold out in CD Japan

So whats the bonus on the Japanese Hack Rack ????

Is it still just Living In a Ghost Town on the Hack disc ????

ROCKMAN

Date: December 1, 2023 23:37

UK sales

Albums

01 116,163 Take That - This Life [107,574 CDs, 4,905 vinyl, 301 cassettes, 1,987 downloads, 1,396 streaming]
02 13,767 Taylor Swift - 1989 (Taylor's Version)
03 8,674 The Rolling Stones - Hackney Diamonds (122,116 total)
04 8,054 Michael Bublé - Christmas [total: 3,299,686]
05 7,417 Olivia Rodrigo - GUTS
06 6,995 Taylor Swift - folklore
07 6,373 Elton John - Diamonds
08 6,312 The Weeknd - The Highlights
09 6,190 Taylor Swift - Midnights
10 5,959 Taylor Swift - Lover

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 2, 2023 00:21

Rockman
HD Special Live Edition sold out in CD Japan

So whats the bonus on the Japanese Hack Rack ????

Is it still just Living In a Ghost Town on the Hack disc ????
Carnival of Light, backstage rehearsals winking smiley

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: December 2, 2023 03:55

Irix
Hackney Diamonds (2CD Live Edition) - [TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk] - (15-Dec-2023) , [TheRollingStonesShop.com] - (19-Jan-2024).

Details about the 2CD Live Edition also on [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] .

It'll also be available digitally (streaming & download) - [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

Thank you. Excellent work for us fans from you as always!!!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 2, 2023 05:47

The album plus a live album...

Come on.

Just release the live album as a live album.

UME are whores.

Date: December 2, 2023 05:52

Spud
Lynd8

... Another enticement would have been "and now...the non-brickwalled version!"

I'm hoping for an Abbey Road vinyl remaster at some point ...from a nice flat digital transfer.

Oh my.

That is most brilliant statement I've ever encountered upon reading something in regard digital to vinyl!

You summed up the entire recent vinyl industry!

A CD on vinyl!!!

Ah, the culture of.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 2, 2023 06:04

GasLightStreet
The album plus a live album...

Come on.

Just release the live album as a live album.

UME are whores.

and as Maxwell Smart, Agent 86 of Control would say..."and....loving it!"

Date: December 2, 2023 06:26

georgelicks
Bashlets

In the US is all about touring, the album is almost out of the Top 200 so all the promotion is in the UK, radio airplay for Mess It Up, bonus live version out on the week before Christamas, etc.

Sales wise. Billboard determines all!!!

No telling with streaming (at the moment?).

What a mess! Streaming has turned the music world upside down, compared to the past, in regard to what is a success.

The whole shitshow about Spotify is alarming - there are others! Why is Spotify so big when they pay so little? Is is just the access? That labels and bands have taken Spotify in? The promotion?

What's the old standard - be leery of those that advertise a lot? Yet so many artists/bands are promoting Spotify... while hardly getting paid!

THANKS FOR THE EXPOSURE! they look like, even though they chose to participate, when Tidal offers much better quality.

Obviously The Rolling Stones are making more than $0.004 cents per stream (in the US) per UME. As they should. But UME is making that, not the Stones.

The record deal the Stones have with UME (UMe) dictates aspects. UME is probably mostly interested in the quick nickel than the long dime when it comes to Stones reissues, deluxe or not.

Way more on the new album. HACKNEY DIAMONDS should outsell any reissue since 2010 probably.

What a weird business, a catalogue act.

"Let's find a way to convince people that bought SOME GIRLS and TATTOO YOU to buy HACKNEY DIAMONDS."

The (actually not) strange thing is... it's as good as those two albums and better since anything post-1981.

The whole Christmas thing, though... I get the possible bump in sales because "Oh they need to have this as an Xmas gift" mentality but it's not like 2 million people will do that yet alone 20 million or maybe even 20,000.

Yet BLUE AND LONESOME was revealing.

Whatever.

Streaming has made sales flaccid in regard to "relevance", which, if you look at history, "relevance" with rock, hard rock, rock'n'roll, ended in 1997 when Soundgarden broke up.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 2, 2023 14:15

IrelandCalling4
HD Special Live Edition sold out in CD Japan. I had it in my cart, let it go to think about it (incl postage about 45 Euro), 20 mins later went back and stock was gone - am sure they'll get more, just a question of when.

The Japanese editions are so collectible with the packaging - obi strip, SHM..etc.
Guess so. In this case it looks probable.

But keep in mind that 50th Anniversary reissues of Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass), UK version [UICY-79022] and Through the Past, Darkly (Big Hits Vol.2), UK version [UICY-79023] were indeed limited editions in 2019. They were sold out and never came back.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: December 2, 2023 15:32

Thanks for that Ironbelly,

I'll keep an eye to CDJapan & Amazon JP, if it comes up again - which I think is likely- I'll nab it for Xmas.

Date: December 2, 2023 17:50

IrelandCalling4

stock was gone - am sure they'll get more, just a question of when

"There is a limit to the number of products available. Sales will cease once the maximum number has been reached, but may be resold if additional quantities can be secured" - [Store.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 96

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1713
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home