Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Paint it Black reaches 1 billion streams on Spotify
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 19, 2023 02:57

As of today.

Re: Paint it Black reaches 1 billion streams on Spotify
Posted by: roryg ()
Date: October 19, 2023 03:47

And given how much Spotify pays, I guess The Stones made five bucks. Hope they don't spend it all at once...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 19, 2023 04:06

Basically $4 for 1000 streams. $.004 cents per stream on average. But that's probably in the United States. It's more in other countries.

But well established artists/bands probably make more via their record label.

Once I found out what they're paying, in the US, anyway, I stopped using it (the free version).

I realize it's pointless to bother with anything else, really, since YouTube, AppleMusic and AmazonMusic all pay about the same. Maybe it's some of the deals Spotify made that turned me off.

I rarely listened to music I own on CD (although the Amazon free digital copy is nice, when available - but sometimes the player doesn't work!!!).

I dunno. LOL I certainly don't need to listen to Pain It, Black again! I went through a phase of not liking Miss You for quite a while and then one day, must've heard it coming out of someone's car, and thought, Holy CRAP that sounds fantastic and have had a new appreciation for it ever since.

Kinda like owning Led Zeppelin's albums three times. Weird how I went through two phases of getting and ridding their albums (CDs, actually, I can't remember if I have any vinyl albums!). The recent reissues are excellent so of course... which reminds me, I need to finish getting the excellent Beatles remasters and the Ludwig ABKCO remasters (so far only have BEGGARS, BLEED and that box set of GYYYO).

Spotify info:

[www.musicgateway.com].

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 19, 2023 07:39

well maybe now mick will finally seriously consider adding it to the setlistwinking smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 19, 2023 10:38

Paint it, Black is easily their most popular song; as clearly proven through it's performance on streaming platforms. In fact, I would argue that it's popularity has been known since before the advent of the service. It's definitely the go-to favourite amongst 'younger generations'

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: October 19, 2023 20:36

A 'new' warhorse?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1625
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home