Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627
Current Page: 27 of 27
Re: Stones in NYC week of October 16
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 15, 2023 13:16

wow i really liked this version of shattered before in the clips but this is outstanding

reminds me of the great sorta stripped and slowed down modern club version of bs from the echoplex in 2013 and the fonda in 2015

similar vibes from jjf and td (great solo ronniegrinning smiley) as well

and angry i think sounds worst with the overdubs definitely the low point of the set

i sure hope mick straps on a guitar for that one on the upcoming tour and let's keith focus on adding a few licks and his solo

and speaking of overdubs
to me keith's guitar seems to have been replaced by his guitar track off the album for bite my head off!eye popping smiley

but either way i still like it better then the album version (sorry paulwinking smiley)

same with www & ssoh like the live versions here better then the ones on the album

can't wait to get my hand on this

also who mixed this?

the guitars seem much more prominent in the mix then on other recent live releases (excluding el mocambo)

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: December 15, 2023 13:19

Come on, sure there is some makeup, but quite minimal!

C

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 15, 2023 15:50

ProfessorWolf

also who mixed this?

Michael Brauer, assisted by Nathaniel Hawkins (Tracks 1-6), Paul Lamalfa (Co-Mixer), Andrew Watt (Co-Mixer) - Track 7.

[www.Qobuz.com] - Credits via i-button on desktop-browsers.

Date: December 15, 2023 16:57

To be honest i found the perfomance based on the clips barely listenable. Very underrehearsed performance. Sweet sounds was good though.

This live album is very good. But not sure would call it a live album

Date: December 15, 2023 17:55

Irix
ProfessorWolf

also who mixed this?

Michael Brauer, assisted by Nathaniel Hawkins (Tracks 1-6), Paul Lamalfa (Co-Mixer), Andrew Watt (Co-Mixer) - Track 7.

[www.Qobuz.com] - Credits via i-button on desktop-browsers.

thank you

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: December 15, 2023 18:41

PaintMonkeyManBlack
To be honest i found the perfomance based on the clips barely listenable. Very underrehearsed performance. Sweet sounds was good though.

Yes, overdub album would be more suitable... grinning smiley

Date: December 16, 2023 02:29

wiredallnight
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Yes, overdub album would be more suitable... grinning smiley

like ya-ya's but far less subtlewinking smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 16, 2023 19:42

At first listen it sounds pretty good actually.

Date: December 17, 2023 13:44

Topi
At first listen it sounds pretty good actually.

i agree

i'm especially liking the warhorees on here for whatever reason

maybe it's that it's basically just the core band or the much more prominent guitars in the mix but theres somethings different about them and i really like what i'm hearing

one complaint though is that in the clips of angry i can clearly hear ronnie's backing vocals but on the released version i can't hear them at all

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: December 18, 2023 13:27

If there is the entire performance, why don't they release it on Blu Ray and DVD?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 18, 2023 13:35

mick64

If there is the entire performance, why don't they release it on Blu Ray and DVD?

Maybe later on: remember 'Stripped' in 1995 - first we got the CD, then the TV-Documentary and later also the Video.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: December 18, 2023 13:49

Next video

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: December 18, 2023 13:56

I hate the fast edits of these official videos. Let me look at the band member for more two seconds!

I actually prefer the phone videos from what I've seen so far.

syrel

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 18, 2023 15:01

Irix
mick64

Maybe later on: remember 'Stripped' in 1995 - first we got the CD, then the TV-Documentary and later also the Video.

Returning customers - always keep them on their toes! grinning smiley

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: December 18, 2023 17:30

Topi
Irix
mick64

Returning customers - always keep them on their toes! grinning smiley

Yeah with some delay from over twenty years. (like in the case of stripped)

Looking forward to the tour "80 YEARS AND COUNTING" in 2044. Mick will be amazing but Keith in a not so good shape. Two more songs sitting on the drum-riser. On drums for nearly ten years then: Charlotte Watts...

The full Racket
Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: February 13, 2024 03:42

Posting of videos of all 7 Racket songs on the RS YT site appears to have stalled.

So far, we have WWW, BMHO, JJF, and SSOH, but Shattered, Angry, and Tumbling Dice are yet to appear. Yes, I know there are some low-qual audience jobs out there, but nothing beats the real thing.

Does anybody know anything about appearance of these three remaining ones in "official RS YT format" any time soon?

Re: The full Racket
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 13, 2024 05:37

Where do you find Bite my head Off?

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: February 13, 2024 08:57

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-13 08:58 by shawnriffhard1.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: February 13, 2024 08:58

hockenheim95

[youtu.be]

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: February 13, 2024 09:09

hockenheim95

It's at [www.youtube.com]

I class it as a video of the Racket performance of the song, even though it's stated as being a lyric video. If you watch it right through, I think you'll understand why I referred to it in another post as being not a hidden track (which we sometimes encounter on albums), but instead a lyric video with hidden lyrics! winking smiley

I just watched it again. Apart from the words of the song title appearing about half-a-dozen times, and the words "C'mon Paul let's hear something" at one point (not really lyrics from the song), I counted no more than 4 or 5 randomly-appearing snippets of a few words of the lyrics. I don't mind. That's why I count it as one of the performance tracks, and for me, it's 4 down, 3 to go.

It appears that shawnriffhard1, who posted the same link in his slightly earlier post while I was composing this one, is happy to treat it that way as well. Nice to know I've got some company. I'm good with it as one of the performance videos. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-13 09:13 by stonesman87.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 13, 2024 09:26

stonesman87
hockenheim95

It's at [www.youtube.com]

I class it as a video of the Racket performance of the song, even though it's stated as being a lyric video. If you watch it right through, I think you'll understand why I referred to it in another post as being not a hidden track (which we sometimes encounter on albums), but instead a lyric video with hidden lyrics! winking smiley

I just watched it again. Apart from the words of the song title appearing about half-a-dozen times, and the words "C'mon Paul let's hear something" at one point (not really lyrics from the song), I counted no more than 4 or 5 randomly-appearing snippets of a few words of the lyrics. I don't mind. That's why I count it as one of the performance tracks, and for me, it's 4 down, 3 to go.

It appears that shawnriffhard1, who posted the same link in his slightly earlier post while I was composing this one, is happy to treat it that way as well. Nice to know I've got some company. I'm good with it as one of the performance videos. thumbs up

Ahh thank you, didn't notice that video because I usually don't look at Lyrics Videos. Now someone should syncronize it to the audio of the show.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 13, 2024 22:51

Thanks for pointing out that video, not sure what's "live" about it though apart from the footage as there are more overdubbed guitars than you can shake a stick at and they even shipped in the "let's hear something Paul" ?!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: February 14, 2024 01:37

Syncronize it by our friend ZR Records Werther2003 and YouTube share by our friend Spunky.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627
Current Page: 27 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home