Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 26 of 27
Stones in NYC
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 30, 2023 15:38

The Racket N.Y.C Album Launch Show Setlist

$100.00

Release date: 31 October, 2023

Limited to 1000 prints; this new setlist was painted by Ronnie just before the exclusive and already legendary New York show to mark the launch of Hackney Diamonds.

Hand numbered in pencil out of 1000.

'During rehearsals, I draw up set lists on big canvases, putting down the songs and the keys they're in. We hang these set lists on the rehearsal room walls so we know where we've been and where we're going.'Ronnie Wood

'I illustrate the band's set lists, sometimes Keith and Mick add little doodles, and they become works of art in their own right.' - Ronnie Wood

Over the last two decades, the songs that the Rolling Stones have played in rehearsals, live shows and studio sessions have been recorded by Ronnie Wood in a series of handpainted set lists. The result is a unique collection of canvases that document sell-out tours across the globe.

Now is your chance to have your very own lithographic prints of selected set lists, only available in the Official Ronnie Wood Artwork Store.

[shop.ronniewood.com]

Re: Stones in NYC week of October 16
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 31, 2023 11:26

looks like ronnie's daughters had a hand in making this one

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: November 1, 2023 02:47

Bite My Head Off from Racket now published on the Hang Fire podcast:

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: November 1, 2023 02:56

smileys with beer

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: November 1, 2023 03:20

TimeIs
Bite My Head Off from Racket now published on the Hang Fire podcast:

video: [www.youtube.com]

Thanks for the heads up!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 1, 2023 05:36

ProfessorWolf
looks like ronnie's daughters had a hand in making this one

Yes. They've drawn on his set lists before, as I recall.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 2, 2023 12:19

Another good video ! The sound is ok but sadly the fuzz bass solo doesn't come through at all, I do remember seeing some clips where you could hear it loud and clear though !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 2, 2023 12:24

It's kind of remarkable how all the 3 Stones are starting to resemble their respective fathers.

Racket club video
Posted by: illyad1960 ()
Date: December 10, 2023 22:53

Saw this on you yube.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Racket club video
Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: December 10, 2023 23:00

Nice. We're getting closer and closer to the whole thing... grinning smiley

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: December 11, 2023 11:51

This is wonderful! Thanks a lot! smileys with beerhot smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 11, 2023 12:09

Does anyone know whether this show will be available as an individual purchase? I'm not buying Hack Diamonds again.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 11, 2023 12:37

Big Al, I think there's many of us that would like to see it as a stand-alone. For what it's worth I would pay the same price just for the Live CD, so it makes no difference. Probably just another way to boost HD sales overall.

Date: December 11, 2023 12:48

frankotero
Big Al, I think there's many of us that would like to see it as a stand-alone. For what it's worth I would pay the same price just for the Live CD, so it makes no difference. Probably just another way to boost HD sales overall.

Yes, that's what I suspect, too. Just an option to download it, individually, from iTunes, would be nice, though.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 11, 2023 13:15

Big Al

Does anyone know whether this show will be available as an individual purchase?

"Will also be available to stream & download" - [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 11, 2023 19:55

Big Al
Does anyone know whether this show will be available as an individual purchase? I'm not buying Hack Diamonds again.

Price is pretty close to a single cd price anyway, from sites I have seen, possibly $3 more.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: December 11, 2023 20:03

smoking smiley

Date: December 11, 2023 20:30

Interesting how Keith plays the chords to 'Angry' different from Mick. Doesn't bother with the sus notes.
Kind of hope they keep the stripped down line-up. Never thought much about Clifford either way, but he's good on the piano slot. More subtle.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 12, 2023 16:08

So Justin heard it and was enthusiastic as usual in his YT video but it did sound like some songs were a bit "unexpected"... With comments like "takes it time", "Keith takes it slow", etc..well I suppose it means there aren't too many overdubs!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: December 12, 2023 16:41

Just now seeing Ronnie’s setlist for the Racket show. He has Bite My Head Off in the key of E. It’s kind of spongy, but to me, it feels like the song is actually in A. Hmmm…

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 14, 2023 13:01

Hackney Diamonds (Live Edition):

[www.Qobuz.com] , [Music.Apple.com] , [open.Spotify.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-14 15:45 by Irix.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: December 14, 2023 13:46

Nice background vocals by Chanelle on Tumbing Dice, gives me Steel Wheels tour vibes!

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: December 14, 2023 14:28

Judging just from the samples: There seems to be a replaced guitar on Keith track on Bite My Head Off, right?

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: December 14, 2023 16:57

Seems like it. On Whole Wide World some of Keiths out of tune licks were also removed.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: December 14, 2023 20:44

MelBelli
Just now seeing Ronnie’s setlist for the Racket show. He has Bite My Head Off in the key of E. It’s kind of spongy, but to me, it feels like the song is actually in A. Hmmm…

True. But if you play a solo in E you will see that it is actually in E.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 15, 2023 04:54

Sweet Sounds Of Overdubs

Date: December 15, 2023 07:18

Topi
Sweet Sounds Of Overdubs

Going by the snippets on iTunes, I’m inclined to agree. Keith’s guitar on Bite My Head Off has clearly been overdubbed. What you hear in the sample is most definitely not what he okayed live. I’m the circulating video’s, his guitar is muffled slightly, but is audible enough to hear exactly what he’s playing. Hmmm…

Date: December 15, 2023 07:22

MonkeyMan2000
Judging just from the samples: There seems to be a replaced guitar on Keith track on Bite My Head Off, right?

Sorry MonkeyMan2000, I’ve just posted about this, without noticing that you’d already mentioned it. Yes, to my ears, it’s a different track. I like my live Stones to be ‘warts and all’ Perhaps Andrew Watt’s influence will be all over their live releases from now on!

Date: December 15, 2023 08:02

Also, is it just my ears, or am I hearing some of the original studio guitar in this live version of Angry? Some of Keith’s fills sound like they’re lifted from the record. confused smiley

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: December 15, 2023 08:12

Big Al
Also, is it just my ears, or am I hearing some of the original studio guitar in this live version of Angry? Some of Keith’s fills sound like they’re lifted from the record. confused smiley

Only heard the "Dice" lick at 1:31 but they've put it on the wrong channel (Ronnie's side instead of Keith's)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 26 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2160
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home