Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 27
Re: Stones in NYC week of October 16
Posted by: roma1927 ()
Date: October 21, 2023 18:20

I think exactly the same thing. If they are rehearsing the new songs they might announce new shows soon like 2/4 arena dates in London and New York to keep the hype high. I don't think they'll stop after Thursday's show until spring or summer next year.

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: October 21, 2023 18:25

Really no videos do far of Whole Wide World?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 21, 2023 19:58

Thanks for the vids bye bye Johnny...
Has Keith ever played that much on a talk show, by himself?
Well, he just did a gig.

Thecitadel, you were there at the show, congrats! And I'm going to assume Bjornulf, unless he says otherwise.
And Hendrik. Who else, would love to know. Yes, I am envious, but good going.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-22 00:29 by angee.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 21, 2023 20:08

roma1927
I think exactly the same thing. If they are rehearsing the new songs they might announce new shows soon like 2/4 arena dates in London and New York to keep the hype high. I don't think they'll stop after Thursday's show until spring or summer next year.

It does not work that way. The Racket NYC club performance had a week of pre-production rehearsals, Shattered, TD, JJF, well known and easy to do, and four new songs. No Bernard. No Chuck. No Tim. No Carl. Etc.

To do a production with large scale ticket sales in arena or stadium sizes, they need at least 4-5 weeks of rehearsals including production rehearsals, and they need a stage, a crew, insurance, and a lot more.

There are talks about a tour in North America early next summer, I assume the same places they planned to tour this year, see the planned 2023 tour pages.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-21 20:10 by bv.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 21, 2023 20:38

Irix
rogerriffin

[www.facebook.com]

Ronnie Wood: "Visited the RS No 9 pop up store in NYC to pick up the new album today! RS No 9 NYC, 37 Union Square West, New York, NY - until 29th October" - [www.Instagram.com] .

Just as I was told would happen on Monday.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: October 21, 2023 20:55

thecitadel
There were at least 6 of us who post to IORR at the show. I won't post the names. I wrote the review you can find on IORR. Link here:

[iorr.org]

The first Club show I've seen - it was really a private party for the record company. Also my first show where phones, even my Apple watch, were removed and sealed away - hence the few photos and no recordings. Maybe some will emerge.

It was professionally videoed. They always record the audio of every show, as is well known.

Sadly very few super fans could get in. You really needed an invite, be an accepted +1 (names were checked), or be very lucky at the pop-up RS No. 9 shop a couple of hours earlier.

Thank you for the review and the thrill.. It’s interesting the M.O. to get in a club show has changed. It used to be hint on a radio station. People would rush to queue, and get a ticket according to their spot in the queue. Now it’s a treasure hunt, a riddle. And you also have to be recognized as a diehard fan by the team, so better to wear something noticeable.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 21, 2023 20:58

daspyknows
Irix
rogerriffin

[www.facebook.com]

Ronnie Wood: "Visited the RS No 9 pop up store in NYC to pick up the new album today! RS No 9 NYC, 37 Union Square West, New York, NY - until 29th October" - [www.Instagram.com] .

Just as I was told would happen on Monday.

That's just awesome...getting your album autographed while you're buying it.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 21, 2023 21:01

bv
roma1927

It does not work that way. The Racket NYC club performance had a week of pre-production rehearsals, Shattered, TD, JJF, well known and easy to do, and four new songs. No Bernard. No Chuck. No Tim. No Carl. Etc.

To do a production with large scale ticket sales in arena or stadium sizes, they need at least 4-5 weeks of rehearsals including production rehearsals, and they need a stage, a crew, insurance, and a lot more.

There are talks about a tour in North America early next summer, I assume the same places they planned to tour this year, see the planned 2023 tour pages.

Yes, it's just that "early next summer" seems like a very long time! What are they going to do in the meantime ? There must be something planned ;-) Touring arenas is probably not worth their while anymore and large one-off shows are pretty much impossible too without long rehearsals...Well they do have the documentary that can keep them in the news.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: October 21, 2023 22:36

A new collection of excerpts with decent sound quality courtesy of UMG Japan :

[www.youtube.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: October 21, 2023 23:06

Rehearse between now and Christmas and get the show on the road by January. Indoor football stadiums and outdoor stadiums in southern States and Mexico City. The hype surrounding the new album will have faded by next Summer and the album will be old news.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-21 23:20 by georgeV.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 22, 2023 00:00

The tour is late spring/early summer. Twenty dates.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 22, 2023 00:44

Producer Tony Visconti was invited to the Racket NYC private show. He didn't stick around long enough to see the show, though.

[m.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-22 00:45 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 22, 2023 00:44

georgeV
Rehearse between now and Christmas and get the show on the road by January. Indoor football stadiums and outdoor stadiums in southern States and Mexico City. The hype surrounding the new album will have faded by next Summer and the album will be old news.

well they do have two thirds of another album finished alreadywinking smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 22, 2023 00:55

Here's a report by Austrian TV, among others about the NYC club show - M3U8 Playlist - (works with VLC-Player or Safari-Browser). The TV-pictures look like as if the show was professionally filmed.

Date: October 22, 2023 01:02

ProfessorWolf
georgeV

Yup. I bet they head back to the studio in the new year

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: October 22, 2023 02:04

Woz

Speculation or insider information?

Date: October 22, 2023 02:50

It's well sourced.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: October 22, 2023 04:05

Woz
It's well sourced.

United States Tour or World Tour? Only 21 shows in the USA seems like a lot to me (I would love for them to do it) considering that they have only been doing 14 shows per year/tour

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: October 22, 2023 04:06

Woz
It's well sourced.

Hmm…hope so.

Posted by: rtr ()
Date: October 22, 2023 06:14

fyi - There is a tip on the Shidoobee FB page to watch for a cameo by Mick Jagger on SNL tonight.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: October 22, 2023 06:54

Woz, thanks. Makes sense and consistent with what BV has said.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: October 22, 2023 07:43

snl video
[twitter.com]

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 22, 2023 07:43

Woz

So a early June start.Sounds good.But 20 dates. They usually do 14. So other 6 could be very early in year say Brazil, Oz , Argentina, New Zealand. My speculation. Maybe announcement early February. Myself would like to take in several places.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 22, 2023 07:49

If nothing in the way of shows in Australia, I’ll be bringing the missus to the US for a couple of shows, tickets to the shows themselves being obtained!! 51 years after our first date together at the WACA in Perth, February 24, 1973. Unbelievable.

Rod

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: October 22, 2023 07:49

artedm
snl video
[twitter.com]

Love it - looks like he survived the shootout in the Undercover video!

Date: October 22, 2023 11:26

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-22 11:29 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: October 22, 2023 11:47

Woz
ProfessorWolf
georgeV

Yup. I bet they head back to the studio in the new year

The marketing guy from UMG UK said they were looking at an 18 month campaign for HD so that normally excludes another release before the summer of 2025.

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-22 20:17 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: October 22, 2023 12:04

A new release could happens in 2026 after touring America next year and Europe in 2025...I think that hopefully, this will be the scenario.

Date: October 22, 2023 12:08

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 22, 2023 12:19

babyblue
Woz

So a early June start.Sounds good.But 20 dates. They usually do 14. So other 6 could be very early in year say Brazil, Oz , Argentina, New Zealand. My speculation. Maybe announcement early February. Myself would like to take in several places.

It would not make much sense to do only 6 shows outside North America, especially not if that's split between further two different continents. Imagine the cost of logistics on that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-22 12:25 by Topi.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1924
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home