Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 27
Racket NYC, October 19
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 20, 2023 23:45

Re: Stones in NYC week of October 16
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 20, 2023 23:47

bv
Editorial pages (link on the IORR News pages):

The Rolling Stones
Racket Club NYC
New York, NY, USA
Thusday Oct. 19, 2023

thanks bv & alwyn

great review

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 20, 2023 23:59

It may have been mentioned but…was Andrew Watt there last night? He deserves a hell of a victory lap for this!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 21, 2023 00:02

Awesome.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 21, 2023 00:05

SomeTorontoGirl
It may have been mentioned but…was Andrew Watt there last night? He deserves a hell of a victory lap for this!

Yes, he was.

[www.instagram.com]

Today is 33rd birthday...some party, eh?

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: October 21, 2023 00:06

SomeTorontoGirl

Yes, he was. He made a great post about it on instagram. Today is his 33rd birthday. What a fantastic gift he gave us to celebrate the occasion.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 21, 2023 00:06

Haha, great minds think alike!

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: October 21, 2023 00:18

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: October 21, 2023 01:23

We’ll, Mick and his mates pulled it off. The inclusion of Tumbling Dice in the set list at the Stones 2023 Club Gig in NYC last night seemed appropriate, and instead of crapping out, the band Rolled some Bones and came up with sixes, sevens and nines.

Great new album, which Mick clearly drove the direction of. His bringing in Andrew Watt gives The Stones and Watt a shot at some hardware when awards season rolls around. If the fans are lucky, we will get a Some Girls tour ratio of Hackney Diamonds songs included in the set lists on next summers tour. I need a few more listens to fully evaluate it, but it jumps off the vinyl as much as any first play by the Stones I’ve heard in decades. While Mick drove the bus, without the riff master, several of these songs are just solo Mick throwaway’s, IMO. It’s clear Keith is still the heart and soul of this band, but Mick is step for step with him in many ways, and he’s not just the front man on stage, he clearly drives the direction of this band and he’s very good at that.

The marketing blitz was equally brilliant. Fallon in London and NY worked, as did the mainstream TV interviews, especially Howard Stern’s chat with Keith. Too bad SNL couldn’t be worked around the writers strike, but maybe he wanted to save that for the new album next fall?

As for merch, he doubled down with flagship pop ups in strategic cities around the world as no one knows better than Mick that after the Adidas, Columbia, and Nike logos people like to wear, they also like tongues on their clothes.

The final piece in this years marketing “blitzkrieg” is the peddling of a TV documentary he’s been behind for this whole process, and I’m sure the film crew worked all night to include last nights key moments as the grand finally to a show that’s being bid up at Cannes by Netflix, Amazon, Paramount, Apple, MGM etc.

[www.mercurystudios.co]

For Mick to take a chance on playing new material in public with limited rehearsal time, it needed to have a risk vs reward opportunity, a roll of the dice so to speak. Getting Stephani to show up was the icing on the cake, although it looked like Darryl took Macca’s bass line up a notch too.

They keep raising a bar in Rock and Roll that will be nearly impossible to match. We are all very lucky.

CHELSKEITH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-21 01:24 by MizzAmandaJonez.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 21, 2023 01:25

rogerriffin

[www.facebook.com]

Ronnie Wood: "Visited the RS No 9 pop up store in NYC to pick up the new album today! RS No 9 NYC, 37 Union Square West, New York, NY - until 29th October" - [www.Instagram.com] .

: Stones in NYC week of October 16
Date: October 21, 2023 02:25

Keith on his way into 30 Rock for "The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon" taping, October 20

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: October 21, 2023 02:43

It saddens me that in this day and age that we can't get even an average audience recording. Not one person brought in a tape recorder? Ha maybe there no tape recorders anymore. I guess we rely a little to much on out phones. Would have loved to hear this show and that Love in Vain Taylor played on for small show a few years ago as well! But that's the way it goes . . . I get it.

Re: : Stones in NYC week of October 16
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: October 21, 2023 03:04

bye bye johnny
Keith on his way into 30 Rock for "The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon" taping, October 20

Keith smoking a joint, it appears. smoking smiley

Re: : Stones in NYC week of October 16
Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: October 21, 2023 03:32

NashvilleBlues
bye bye johnny

Keith smoking a joint, it appears. smoking smiley

We’re all faced with “Willie Nelson’s Choice” at some stage in our elder years, the herb or tobacco. It can’t be both!! Keith appears to have made the same choice as Willie. (as did I)

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: October 21, 2023 04:27

Topi
Haha, great minds think alike!

You beat me to it, Topi grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-21 04:40 by BFR.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: October 21, 2023 04:50

Lisa Fischer has a show on October 21st in New York
[fishercenter.bard.edu]

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: October 21, 2023 04:57

cool smiley

Date: October 21, 2023 09:35

keith goes acoustic on the tonight show

this is pretty cool even with jimmy's cringy (to me) singing

Date: October 21, 2023 09:56

beginning of tumbling dice

Concert last night 19th Oct
Posted by: strayRooster ()
Date: October 20, 2023 19:35

Anybody attented the concert last night in NYC?
Set list, Pix?

Re: Concert last night 19th Oct
Posted by: strayRooster ()
Date: October 20, 2023 22:01

Heavenly

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: October 21, 2023 10:37

Complete Angry:
[youtu.be]

Re: Concert last night 19th Oct
Date: October 21, 2023 11:13

strayRooster
Anybody attented the concert last night in NYC?
Set list, Pix?

see here
iorr

Date: October 21, 2023 13:12

BFR
SomeTorontoGirl

Yes, he was. He made a great post about it on instagram. Today is his 33rd birthday. What a fantastic gift he gave us to celebrate the occasion.

in the clip of SSOH (proshot) there is a shot of the public, I am not sure, but think you can see him in that. Having the time of his life.

Stones in NYC week of October 16
Date: October 21, 2023 13:14

""The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon", October 20

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: October 21, 2023 14:07

There were at least 6 of us who post to IORR at the show. I won't post the names. I wrote the review you can find on IORR. Link here:

[iorr.org]

The first Club show I've seen - it was really a private party for the record company. Also my first show where phones, even my Apple watch, were removed and sealed away - hence the few photos and no recordings. Maybe some will emerge.

It was professionally videoed. They always record the audio of every show, as is well known.

Sadly very few super fans could get in. You really needed an invite, be an accepted +1 (names were checked), or be very lucky at the pop-up RS No. 9 shop a couple of hours earlier.

Date: October 21, 2023 14:11

Date: October 21, 2023 14:12

Posted by: roma1927 ()
Date: October 21, 2023 18:13

There is any chance they will play other show in nov/dic?
Hype is really high and wouldn't it be better to sell tickets now for upcoming dates or tours in 2024?

Date: October 21, 2023 18:17

Let's hope the one show gives them the drive to start a tour.

It would certainly make sense if they have rehearsed new material to play the songs more than a one-off show.

Maybe we'll get a tour announcement soon to keep the momentum going.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2221
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home