Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 27
Re: Stones in NYC week of October 16
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 18, 2023 02:55

wouldn't it be cool if mick and keith came out and started or ended the show just the two of them sitting on benches playing rollin' stone blues

keith on guitar mick with his harp

gives me goosebumps thinking of itgrinning smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 18, 2023 03:15

Yeah Professor ........ way cool idea .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 18, 2023 04:38

ProfessorWolf
wouldn't it be cool if mick and keith came out and started or ended the show just the two of them sitting on benches playing rollin' stone blues

keith on guitar mick with his harp

gives me goosebumps thinking of itgrinning smiley

They could do that. I think Keith said they recorded it in four takes.
I so hope they put it in the setlist on the tour.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Chester ()
Date: October 18, 2023 05:34

bye bye johnny
Exclusive: Rolling Stones Coming to New York Next Week, May Play Small Nightclub, Appear on Jimmy Fallon

Roger Friedman
October 13, 2023

Mark Seliger

I’m told the Rolling Stones will come to New York next week to promote their excellent new album, “Hackney Diamonds.”

Each of the principals — Jagger, Richards, and Woods — will appear on Jimmy Fallon’s Tonight Show separately, sources say. They will not be playing music, at least as of now. This makes sense because Fallon interviewed them live from London a few weeks ago when the album was unveiled.

I am told that there is a 99% chance the Stones will put on a live show in New York for fans next week. “It will be a small club, like a nightclub,” says an insider. The Apollo would make sense. I guess Terminal 5 would, too.

The Stones are famous for playing small clubs when they’re launching an album. They did it years ago in Toronto, and Chicago. They’ve done it twice in Los Angeles in the last decade. It’s New York’s turn!

The Stones know they have something special in “Hackney Diamonds.” I just hope I Heart Radio and other corporate radio entities will give it some radio play. The album is stuffed with hit singles. Why not go back to the old ways of radio just for this release? It may be the Stones’ last one.

[www.showbiz411.com]

--

"The Tonight Show" tip is legit. Ronnie is a guest on Wednesday October 18. No word on Mick or Keith.

[www.nbc.com]

*UPDATE* - "The Tonight Show" website's been updated. Keith is a guest on Friday October 20.

Every night but Tuesday October 17 has three guests listed, so perhaps Mick will be appearing that night.

Sounds great and everything ... but shouldn't the guy at least get Ronnie's name right before anyone deems him credible?

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: October 18, 2023 06:03

smoking smiley

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: October 18, 2023 06:34

Roger Friedman is legit. He’s been around for a long time and is a respected name. If he’s saying the Stones are going to play there most likely is something to it.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: October 18, 2023 07:20

He's a former Fox News guy well known as a mouthpiece for flacks, though I'm not sure he got tipped off by anyone in the Stones' camp.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 18, 2023 07:40

Friedman also has it wrong when he says they promoted album launches by playing small venues. It was tours they launched in small clubs, not albums.

That aside, things are pointing out to something really cool happening!

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: October 18, 2023 08:21

If anyone is trying to go to the fallon show

STANDBY TICKETS
We hand out standby cards for every taping in the event there is last minute availability on the day of the taping. Standby cards are now available in the Shop at NBC Studios, located at 30 Rockefeller Plaza (via the 6th Avenue entrance between 49th & 50th st.). Standby cards will be distributed from 9 am – 3 pm EST the morning of a show.

Space is limited! Anyone receiving a card must be 16 years or older (regardless of whether a parent or guardian is present). Standby cards are limited to one per person and are issued on a first-come, first-served basis.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 18, 2023 09:37

Nsantoro
Passed by and asked a guy at the loading dock if the Stones were there. He said I missed them, they left for the day.

Well that's something, hopefully someone will catch them today!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 18, 2023 12:45

Do we expect a club gig like at phoenix theatre in 2005 where they play for about an hour, with some new and old tracks? I remember they opened with Rough Justice that time, maybe open with Angry tomorrow?
They seem to have had quite a few days of rehearsals? Maybe they are also trying to find out in which shape they are and depending on that they'll play just 3 numbers or a club set.

Anyways fantastic to have them playing some kind of gig tomorrow, kinda out of nowhere. But I guess it's the smartest thing when you are a still working band to give your album a push with an event like that.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 18, 2023 12:47

So they might be playing live on Jimmy… Is there a regular stream available in Europe?

Stones in NYC week of October 16
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 18, 2023 13:36

The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

[www.nbc.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: October 18, 2023 16:25

smoking smiley

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 18, 2023 17:51

mickschix
Daspyknows, I think you mean RS No 9 CARNABY STORE, the Stones retail shop, that popped up in Union Square.

Yes. sorry for confusion. Have been inside and heading over on my wayvto airport home.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 18, 2023 19:56

They’re really out there at the moment… it’s a bit of a shame they’re doing Fallon exclusively though. Imagine how great they’d be on Graham Norton…

JumpingKentFlash

Date: October 18, 2023 20:11

Any news from Weehawken?

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: October 18, 2023 20:45

As long as we are being outrageous; does anyone know where Lady Gaga is right now.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 18, 2023 20:51

Bob C.
As long as we are being outrageous; does anyone know where Lady Gaga is right now.

Somewhere Stateside. She was at the U2 show over the weekend in Vegas. Sorry that was now 2 weeks back - time is flying!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-18 20:51 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: October 18, 2023 21:10

Chanel seems to be lined up for that gig (and hopefully for future gigs) !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: October 18, 2023 22:41

gotdablouse
Chanel seems to be lined up for that gig (and hopefully for future gigs) !
They sure like chanel, she is around a lot.

Date: October 18, 2023 22:46

Close friend to Sally and Ronnie I think, that can't hurt. Her performance in Milan was nothing short of amazing too, the best in a very, very long time, and that's what really matters.

--------------

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 18, 2023 23:32

Yes, wishing she was on the new album as well!!!

Stones in NYC week of October 16
Date: October 18, 2023 23:41

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-19 04:15 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 19, 2023 04:20

KindaBlue
My Verizon listing in northern New Jersey for Jimmy Fallon on Thursday night says, "Musician Ronnie Wood; actress Issa Rae; David Kushner perorms."

For Friday, it says, "Musician Keith Richards; boxer Canelo Alvarez; 2 Chainz and Lil Wayne perform."

OH WOW! That will make Keith happy!!!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 19, 2023 07:03

Just watched the (very brief) appearance of Ronnie with Jimmy Fallon. He mentioned them rehearsing yesterday… and the obvious question would have been ‘rehearsing for what?’. Nope. No follow up. Mysterious b*stard! grinning smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 19, 2023 07:44

According to Jimmy's tweet I would say they perform a track at his show. Probably a new one and an old one.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: October 19, 2023 08:57

SomeTorontoGirl
Just watched the (very brief) appearance of Ronnie with Jimmy Fallon. He mentioned them rehearsing yesterday… and the obvious question would have been ‘rehearsing for what?’. Nope. No follow up. Mysterious b*stard! grinning smiley

Yep, Ronnie said they rehearsed Bite My Head Off.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 19, 2023 09:26

latvianinexile
SomeTorontoGirl

with darryl, bill or paul on bass?winking smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 19, 2023 09:58

ProfessorWolf
latvianinexile
SomeTorontoGirl

with darryl, bill or paul on bass?winking smiley

Or Andrew? winking smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home