Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 27
Re: Stones in NYC week of October 16
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 15, 2023 20:32

Spodlumt
I don't understand their working relationship with Jimmy Fallon. Does Mick think Jimmy is hip? Nobody I know watches his show and his child-like patronizing of all his guests is embarrassing. What do you think is the reason they keep throwing him bones?

I think it stems from Keith trusting Jimmy, when Keith first went on his show sober Keith was clearly nervous and Jimmy was incredibly respectful and you could see he was a genuine fan of Keith and Mick.
Plus Keith sent him some Lemons from his garden and they stayed in touch.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 15, 2023 20:34

FWIW, Stonesdoug said "they are supposed to be taping 4 songs on Thursday in a club"

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: October 15, 2023 20:37

If it is a club in Manhattan, my guess would be Webster Hall.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: October 15, 2023 20:42

Webster Hall is not available on Thursday.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: October 15, 2023 21:34

New Jersey rehearsals for a four or so song Thursday club gig/party seems to be the latest and sounds about right.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: October 15, 2023 21:36

What a great time to be a Stones fan. New music, rehearsals and live music!

Posted by: KindaBlue ()
Date: October 15, 2023 22:05

My Verizon listing in northern New Jersey for Jimmy Fallon on Thursday night says, "Musician Ronnie Wood; actress Issa Rae; David Kushner perorms."

For Friday, it says, "Musician Keith Richards; boxer Canelo Alvarez; 2 Chainz and Lil Wayne perform."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-15 22:07 by KindaBlue.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 15, 2023 22:39

2120Joe
New Jersey rehearsals for a four or so song Thursday club gig/party seems to be the latest and sounds about right.

four songs? haha – if this rumor is true, the Wyman rumor must be wrong – or the other way round (or both are false)

Date: October 15, 2023 22:40

I do not see them performing without a rehearsal. Especially if they are going to play anything new.

What I have seen is commercials for them to appear individually on television shows.

Date: October 15, 2023 22:47

georgemcdonnell314
I do not see them performing without a rehearsal. Especially if they are going to play anything new.

What I have seen is commercials for them to appear individually on television shows.

Who says they aren't rehearsing?

Date: October 15, 2023 22:51

DandelionPowderman
georgemcdonnell314

Who says they aren't rehearsing?

If I was them I'd done some rehearsal and see how it works. If it works well, I'd do a short show. If it doesn't work I'd cancel it.
They won't run the risk of fu*king up a live performance on the day before the new records is released

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 15, 2023 23:07

john lomax
DandelionPowderman
john lomax
I would say there is zero chance of Bill playing at the gig.

If Darryl isn’t available then I would think Andrew Watt would handle bass.

If the gig even happens……

Why was he on the plane to NYC, then?

We don’t even know that it was actually him on the plane. I remember years ago talking to a guy at work who was telling me about an interview he’d seen on the tv the night before with Bill Wyman - the interview was actually with Keith. So maybe this cousin of a friend was sitting on the plane next to Ronnie and, not being real Stones fan, just said it was Bill Wyman because that was the only name they could remember….

Oooh, that would be tough on Mick! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 15, 2023 23:36

john lomax
DandelionPowderman
john lomax

We don’t even know that it was actually him on the plane. I remember years ago talking to a guy at work who was telling me about an interview he’d seen on the tv the night before with Bill Wyman - the interview was actually with Keith. So maybe this cousin of a friend was sitting on the plane next to Ronnie and, not being real Stones fan, just said it was Bill Wyman because that was the only name they could remember….

There's a similar comment by a Shidoobee member about Bill being seen traveling from London to NY.

Date: October 15, 2023 23:54

john lomax
DandelionPowderman
john lomax

Supposedly, she was a Stones fan and shared cabin with him. Let's hope it's true smiling smiley

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: October 16, 2023 10:39

Cristiano Radtke
john lomax
DandelionPowderman
john lomax

There's a similar comment by a Shidoobee member about Bill being seen traveling from London to NY.

Could be the same cousin, no? And no photos of such a big deal presence? winking smiley

Date: October 16, 2023 11:07

slewan
2120Joe

four songs? haha – if this rumor is true, the Wyman rumor must be wrong – or the other way round (or both are false)

OR there's the odd chance that Bill's supposed NYC voyage has nothing to do with the band performing/taping! grinning smiley

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: October 16, 2023 11:44

I have been listening to the album again on the Planet Rock broadcast - I think most of these songs would be amazing live. I really hope they play a lot of them live, it would be amazing

Date: October 16, 2023 14:20

Imagine they DO play a little club set of new ones tonight in New York.
Though the London part of me demands these Hackney Diamonds spill across the stage of a London venue, not NYC - it's a Laaahndon album innit mate!!

Date: October 16, 2023 15:46

MadMetaphoricalMax
Imagine they DO play a little club set of new ones tonight in New York.
Though the London part of me demands these Hackney Diamonds spill across the stage of a London venue, not NYC - it's a Laaahndon album innit mate!!

it should be London, of course.
But as I always say: First of all, they cater to their biggest markets and that's the US, then UK and Europe

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: October 16, 2023 15:46

Because they are mates. Pay attention TODAY.

Spodlumt
I don't understand their working relationship with Jimmy Fallon. Does Mick think Jimmy is hip? Nobody I know watches his show and his child-like patronizing of all his guests is embarrassing. What do you think is the reason they keep throwing him bones?

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 16, 2023 19:31

Racket NYC

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: October 16, 2023 19:37

Webster would have been my first pick but if there is already an event, some other AEG owned venues are:

RACKET NYC
431 West 16th Street
New York, NY

MUSIC HALL OF WILLIAMSBURG
66 North 6th St.
New York, NY

TERMINAL 5
610 West 56th St.
New York, NY

Posted by: jason8903 ()
Date: October 16, 2023 19:38

what day??

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 16, 2023 20:12

slewan
2120Joe

Well that's better than his last two song deal and there it would be 100%! Dunno though, wouldn't it take away the attention from the new album?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: October 16, 2023 20:20

gotdablouse
slewan
2120Joe

Well that's better than his last two song deal and there it would be 100%! Dunno though, wouldn't it take away the attention from the new album?

no, the reviews are all already written and a lot of them are already published. A 'secret' club gig would bring them more and new/additional attention in the press/news etc.

Date: October 16, 2023 20:25

Woz
Racket NYC

a capacity of just 650. That means that it's very unlikely that even a single ticket will go to the free market.

(most likely they'll pack such a place with casted models for the front rows, guests and friends in the middle, press, critics, promotors and record label people etc. in the back of the venue and a few high profile fans somewhere in between)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-16 20:34 by slewan.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: October 16, 2023 20:42

Casted models!!!! LOL

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 16, 2023 21:11

Ronnie might have dropped a hint about a show in an interview posted by NME today, October 16.

How many of the new songs are you going to play live?

“That’s the next thing. Next week, we’re going to see how they translate live. I have complete faith. We could play the whole album, you know what I mean? But [Mick and Keith] will go, ‘Oh no Ron, that’s so ambitious’. We’re not gonna forget the back catalogue. There are certain songs, ‘Paint It, Black’ and ‘(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction’, that have got to be played. We’re only making room for, say, three or five songs.”

[www.nme.com]

Video - [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-16 21:15 by bye bye johnny.

Date: October 16, 2023 22:03

Wasn't the interview taped in September?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-16 22:16 by Topi.

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: October 16, 2023 22:04

How do I get in?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1953
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home