Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 27
Stones in NYC week of October 16, 2023 - The Racket Club Show
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 13, 2023 21:41

Exclusive: Rolling Stones Coming to New York Next Week, May Play Small Nightclub, Appear on Jimmy Fallon

Roger Friedman
October 13, 2023

Mark Seliger

I’m told the Rolling Stones will come to New York next week to promote their excellent new album, “Hackney Diamonds.”

Each of the principals — Jagger, Richards, and Woods — will appear on Jimmy Fallon’s Tonight Show separately, sources say. They will not be playing music, at least as of now. This makes sense because Fallon interviewed them live from London a few weeks ago when the album was unveiled.

I am told that there is a 99% chance the Stones will put on a live show in New York for fans next week. “It will be a small club, like a nightclub,” says an insider. The Apollo would make sense. I guess Terminal 5 would, too.

The Stones are famous for playing small clubs when they’re launching an album. They did it years ago in Toronto, and Chicago. They’ve done it twice in Los Angeles in the last decade. It’s New York’s turn!

The Stones know they have something special in “Hackney Diamonds.” I just hope I Heart Radio and other corporate radio entities will give it some radio play. The album is stuffed with hit singles. Why not go back to the old ways of radio just for this release? It may be the Stones’ last one.

[www.showbiz411.com]

--

"The Tonight Show" tip is legit. Ronnie is a guest on Wednesday October 18. No word on Mick or Keith.

[www.nbc.com]

*UPDATE* - "The Tonight Show" website's been updated. Keith is a guest on Friday October 20.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-13 14:04 by bv.

Re: Stones in NYC week of October 16
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 13, 2023 23:12

Apollo is available...

But have they rehearsed?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 13, 2023 23:23

They certainly won't perform on live television. But playing an own show they would be having full control of the recording and could edit / overdub if necessary. Mick said in recent interviews he is always practicing and staying in shape. Ronnie always seems so be ready to play gigs with everyone. And Keith was also in great shape at the winos gig last year without extensive rehearsals. So I could imagine them doing 2-3 days of rehearsals and doing some live promo material for the album.

If they are willing to do that is another story

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 13, 2023 23:26

This is fantastic news if true. smileys with beer

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 13, 2023 23:34

Have to bring Darryl (if he's still part of their sidemen) up to speed on all the new songs.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 13, 2023 23:37

They might just use Andrew Watt .....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 13, 2023 23:56

Or Macca. For Hairball.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 14, 2023 00:05

something like "Juillard 2005" maybe? three four songs in a special setting?

Date: October 14, 2023 00:07

Topi
Or Macca.

Unlikely, as Macca's got shows in Australia next week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-14 00:07 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 14, 2023 00:07

bye bye johnny

I am told that there is a 99% chance the Stones will put on a live show in New York for fans next week. “It will be a small club, like a nightclub,” says an insider. The Apollo would make sense. I guess Terminal 5 would, too.

Thanks, bbj!

If this is proven right, perhaps they could film it and use the footage for the documentary they're preparing about the new record?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-14 00:08 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: October 14, 2023 00:10

bye bye johnny
Topi
Or Macca.

Unlikely, as Macca's got shows in Australia next week.

I'll rephrase, Your Honor!

Bill Wyman for 24FPS.

Posted by: LovingCupola ()
Date: October 14, 2023 02:07

Keith on "The Tonight Show" on Fri the 20th

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 14, 2023 02:41

Cristiano Radtke
bye bye johnny

Thanks, bbj!

If this is proven right, perhaps they could film it and use the footage for the documentary they're preparing about the new record?

Or doing a separate filmed live performance as they did for ABB. But I doubt they would do such a show without properly rehearing it, and I strongly doubt they have time fore rehearsals of all-new material right now.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 14, 2023 03:11

or do the whole album live like they did with sticky fingers in 2015

then release it as a bonus on the super deluxe of the album

i'm really excited by the possibility but i'm sure bv will chime in shortly with his thoughts

that'll let me know whether to take this really seriously

Posted by: ThumpinJackFlash ()
Date: October 14, 2023 07:52

Ronnie on the Tonight Show Wednesday

Date: October 14, 2023 10:20

doitywoik
Cristiano Radtke
bye bye johnny

Thanks, bbj!

Or doing a separate filmed live performance as they did for ABB. But I doubt they would do such a show without properly rehearing it, and I strongly doubt they have time fore rehearsals of all-new material right now.

Yes, that's a big "if" there, but it's fun to wonder about what they'll make. It will be one of the most exciting weeks for all of us, that's for sure.

In related news, somebody over at SHF says that Bill has flown to NYC yesterday. Now that's something I really can't see happening. but who knows?

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 14, 2023 10:29

All quiet from our gracious leader,maybe busy with flight and hotel bookings?
Those in the know remaining tight lipped.If this mini gig happens it will be incredible.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 14, 2023 11:07

These guys are pros and have been playing live for 60+ years, they don't need to rehearse for weeks to play a mini-set as a 5 piece band ! Having had the good luck of seeing them rehearse in Bondy they know their stuff inside out, even things they haven't played for decades, like No Expectations. Just a quick listen of the tape, a prompter for Mick and that's it.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 14, 2023 12:23

gotdablouse
These guys are pros and have been playing live for 60+ years, they don't need to rehearse for weeks to play a mini-set as a 5 piece band ! Having had the good luck of seeing them rehearse in Bondy they know their stuff inside out, even things they haven't played for decades, like No Expectations. Just a quick listen of the tape, a prompter for Mick and that's it.

they could do the amateur night at the Apollo… grinning smiley

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 14, 2023 12:37

Cristiano Radtke
doitywoik
Cristiano Radtke
bye bye johnny

Thanks, bbj!

Yes, that's a big "if" there, but it's fun to wonder about what they'll make. It will be one of the most exciting weeks for all of us, that's for sure.

In related news, somebody over at SHF says that Bill has flown to NYC yesterday. Now that's something I really can't see happening. but who knows?

Bill won't fly , neither he did for the new album Bill ; “When Mick (Jagger) asked if I would play on one of the tracks in tribute to Charlie, of course I immediately said yes. But I haven’t flown in decades, so I just went over to Metropolis Studios here in London and recorded my part. Mick indicated he’s delighted with the track, so that’s a bonus, but that’s the extent of my ‘return.’ Are we finished talking about the Stones today?”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-14 14:05 by Lien.

Date: October 14, 2023 13:51

Cristiano Radtke

Thanks, Cristiano.

Link to that Steve Hoffman Forums post:

[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

Poster hasn't responded to follow ups.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 14, 2023 14:38

that Wyman rumor aside…

when did the Rolling Stones perform at a single event for the last time? – I mean a show neither being part of a tour or a warm-up show followed by a tour or a show not following intense reheasals for a tour?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 14, 2023 15:00

slewan

when did the Rolling Stones perform at a single event for the last time?

In 2020 .... YCAGWYW at home with Charlie air drumming.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 14, 2023 16:44

slewan
that Wyman rumor aside…

when did the Rolling Stones perform at a single event for the last time? – I mean a show neither being part of a tour or a warm-up show followed by a tour or a show not following intense reheasals for a tour?

Can't remember a one/off performance of the whole band since the ABB press conference. But they also have not made an album since then, so they might not play by the usual rules of the last 18 years this time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-14 16:45 by StonedRambler.

Date: October 14, 2023 16:53

The 2005 press conference at Juilliard was actually for the tour, not the "A Bigger Bang" album. They called the tour "On Stage" at that point. The album hadn't been completed yet.

[celebrityaccess.com]

[www.rockontour.net]

[iorr.org]

The album and its name - which became the tour name as well - were announced later that same year.

[www.today.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-14 17:17 by Topi.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 14, 2023 22:38

The club show is this coming Thursday in downtown Manhattan.

Posted by: TW2019 ()
Date: October 14, 2023 23:34

Longtime reader, first time poster. Being from NYC area, this is very exciting news. Hope it’s true

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: October 14, 2023 23:46

TW2019
Longtime reader, first time poster. Being from NYC area, this is very exciting news. Hope it’s true

Welcome grinning smiley

Date: October 14, 2023 23:58

Lien
Cristiano Radtke
doitywoik
Cristiano Radtke
bye bye johnny

Thanks, bbj!

Bill won't fly , neither he did for the new album Bill ; “When Mick (Jagger) asked if I would play on one of the tracks in tribute to Charlie, of course I immediately said yes. But I haven’t flown in decades, so I just went over to Metropolis Studios here in London and recorded my part. Mick indicated he’s delighted with the track, so that’s a bonus, but that’s the extent of my ‘return.’ Are we finished talking about the Stones today?”

Yes, that's very unlikely, especially when Bill has a book signing in London's Hatchards Piccadilly on 27 October.

Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: October 15, 2023 00:29

I don't understand their working relationship with Jimmy Fallon. Does Mick think Jimmy is hip? Nobody I know watches his show and his child-like patronizing of all his guests is embarrassing. What do you think is the reason they keep throwing him bones?

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2082
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home