Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Opening Bands on the upcoming tour...
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 23, 2024 23:33

Please call Peter Wolf, Magic Dick, DK, and Seth.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 24, 2024 00:09

I’ve seen the Ghost Hounds open several times now and (bracing myself for hoots of scorn and derision…) I really enjoy them! Their singer is damn fine. I’d be happy to see their name on the list.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 24, 2024 00:09

I hope no one. Waste of time

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 24, 2024 00:28

SomeTorontoGirl
I’ve seen the Ghost Hounds open several times now and (bracing myself for hoots of scorn and derision…) I really enjoy them! Their singer is damn fine. I’d be happy to see their name on the list.

I don’t hate them, just don’t like how they pay $1M to open. Don’t know why it bothers me. It just does.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 24, 2024 01:24

NashvilleBlues
SomeTorontoGirl

I don’t hate them, just don’t like how they pay $1M to open. Don’t know why it bothers me. It just does.

Pay to play is common for opening bands going back decades. The difference here is it's a rich dude, not a record company billing it against future royalties.

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: February 24, 2024 02:41

Opening bands is the reason we no longer buy pit tickets. Last time we found that standing in one spot for near on 5 hours was just too much for the hips and feet. Getting old is a real bastard!

Posted by: stonesurvive ()
Date: February 24, 2024 03:06

...............Wow!............Is it true the opening bands have to "pay to play"? That's scary, but Mick is all business. Doubt that's the case with established bands. Zac Brown opened in Georgia in 2021, and they were incredible!!!........

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 24, 2024 05:48

stonesurvive
...............Wow!............Is it true the opening bands have to "pay to play"? That's scary, but Mick is all business. Doubt that's the case with established bands. Zac Brown opened in Georgia in 2021, and they were incredible!!!........

How did you arrive at that questioning?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 24, 2024 05:50

NashvilleBlues
SomeTorontoGirl

Thomas Tull from Ghost Hounds is a self made billionaire. Yes a billionaire. He is good friends with James Curliegh former Levy and Gibson guitar CEO. Ghost Hounds are now signed by Gibson records. I didn’t know there was such a thing. Money talks. He bought his was into Rock And Roll camp to the extreme. It’s a real life fantasy camp for Tull

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: February 24, 2024 06:38

Samatha Fish gets my vote.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: February 24, 2024 07:06

While I have seen some amazing openers for the Stones over the years, Stevie Wonder, J Geils Band, George Thorogood and the Destroyers, Buddy Guy, Red Hot Chili Peppers, to name a few, I’ve seen too many that were just mediocre or just not my taste. I’d pay extra for no opening act since I’ll be in the pit for hours.

Posted by: Dagopauley ()
Date: February 24, 2024 08:12

I'll second that Samantha Fish suggestion .

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: February 24, 2024 15:12

I think the Bootleg Beatles or the Counterfeit Stones would go down very well as openers……..and I’m not joking.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 24, 2024 16:20

Kerryann
Opening bands is the reason we no longer buy pit tickets. Last time we found that standing in one spot for near on 5 hours was just too much for the hips and feet. Getting old is a real bastard!

I always thought the special thing about pit tickets is that you can come very late and still have one of the best places in the stadium.

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: February 24, 2024 16:27

I've seen Eagles, Rufus, Buddy Guy, Pretenders, Blues Traveler, Wide Mouth Mason, No Doubt, and, last time in Chicago: St. Paul and the Broken Bones. I love hearing from bands I know and learning some new ones.

How about Wilco in Chicago this year?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-24 22:04 by dkwalika.

Re: Opening acts Tour 2024
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 24, 2024 18:51

Agree regarding Samantha Fish. She might be at Jazzfest actually.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 24, 2024 20:22

stonesurvive

Not all opening bands everywhere but tour buy ons were very common, especially in the 1990's

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: February 24, 2024 21:53

hockenheim95
Kerryann

I always thought the special thing about pit tickets is that you can come very late and still have one of the best places in the stadium.

That depends entirely on how tall you are!

Re: Opening Acts
Date: February 25, 2024 00:01

daspyknows
bobo
kkhoranstoned
ana popovic....samantha fish....southern ave....devon allman would make great opening bands.....

Samantha Fish is pure class.

I got to see her a few times this past summer and she would be great. I stead we will get the Ghost Hounds 6 or 7 times.

A couple more to add. Mike Campbell and the Duerty Knobs, Galactic, Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, Dumpstafunk, Eric Gales Band. Have seen all of these bands this year and all worthy.

Beth Hart is pretty good when she doesn't cancel. Her and Eric Gales together are dynamite!! Absolute powerhouse singer! She smashes out Led Zep covers on her latest album.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-25 00:13 by Kerryann.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 25, 2024 09:46

JadedFaded
hockenheim95
Kerryann

That depends entirely on how tall you are!

I'm 1.7m and my wife is 1.57m (both very short) and for us the best spots are either directly at the catwalk or on the sides near the entrance of the pit where it's usually not very crowded. In w2022 you didn't have a good chance to catch a place on the rail without VIP early entrance. So we often chose to stay on the sides.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: February 25, 2024 10:43

Elmo Lewis
Please call Peter Wolf, Magic Dick, DK, and Seth.

Best answer!

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: February 25, 2024 11:11

Since 82 only J.Geils Band and ACDC are still in my mind.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: February 25, 2024 11:39

The Exponents - 1995 Local Heroes
Nickelback - 2006
Hunters & Collectors - 2014

I would have loved seeing Living Colour in 1989

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 25, 2024 16:10

Samantha Fox

Re: Opening acts
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: February 25, 2024 20:42

VoodooLounge13
My Stones opening acts have been:

The Strokes
Sheryl Crow
Goo Goo Dolls
Black Eyed Peas
Maroon 5
Beck
Metric
The Charlatans
Alice Cooper
Kanye West
St. Paul & the Broken Bones
The Ghost Hounds

Had an ex-wife who hated Alanis Morrisette, so as a compromise for 'dragging' her to another Stones show, I agreed to skip Alanis in Albany on the ABB tour.

It must've been an average show anyway as Albany 05 is the only concert ever since Amsterdam 95 they've skipped Dice....

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: February 26, 2024 03:22

I would have loved seeing Living Colour in 1989[/quote]

Saw them open in Montreal.The sound was so bad, it was just a cacophony of echo. Watched them, but certainly didn't hear them.

The Stones sounded fine, of course.

Date: February 27, 2024 00:10

Never been interested in opening acts. You're so buzzed for the Stones that you tend to disregard them anyway. Also they never seem to have the same volume or depth of sound to the main act.

Saw a god awful opener in Amsterdam in 2017 - wanted to poke knitting needles in my ears! We buy the best seats we can get now and come in towards the end of the opening act. Mind you if it were Beth Hart and Eric Gales I would be there for every song.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: February 27, 2024 03:55

Charley Crockett for Houston...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 27, 2024 04:51

Charley Crockett !!! ......... cool

ROCKMAN

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 27, 2024 10:18

SKILLS
The Exponents - 1995 Local Heroes
Nickelback - 2006
Hunters & Collectors - 2014

I would have loved seeing Living Colour in 1989

Hunters & Collectors~! Love that band.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2141
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home