Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Long time lurker, first time poster introduces himself
Posted by: LoveInVain69 ()
Date: September 27, 2023 12:22

Hi everyone - I have followed this forum for decades but have only just joined thanks to an intervention from Bjornulf, who is the best!

In four lines, I am a bit weird in that I have never been able to listen to Satanic Majesties the whole way through (think there are good bits but also unlistenable bits); I also think Undercover is an unsung gem of an album and like "late period" Keith (How Can I Stop in particular).

Looking forward to the new album and discussions on here. Liked "Angry" but felt it needed doing differently to go from being really good to something more, but hey, opinions...

Thanks again to Bjornulf for finally getting me on here.

LoveInVain69

Re: Long time lurker, first time poster introduces himself
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 27, 2023 13:40

welcome

from one fan with eccentric tastes to another

Date: September 27, 2023 13:43

Welcome on board thumbs up

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: September 27, 2023 14:16

glad to have you with us.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 27, 2023 14:23

hey

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 27, 2023 14:24

Welcome!

Date: September 27, 2023 14:52

haha, I love it! Glad I'm not the only one. Also I should add I'm a lot less of a fan of pre-1968 stuff - not that I don't like it. But late 70s, 80s and even 90s/00s Stones gets the attention of my ears a lot more than anything before, say, Aftermath. Thank you for the welcome! :-)

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 27, 2023 15:17

Welcome!! Wow you and I will get along great! LOL My favorite album is my name sake, and though I do listen to stuff pre-Aftermath, it's mostly just singles, as one of my first purchases was The London Years, so I rarely go for the early albums. Man, it's so good to not be the only 'weird' one around here anymore! LOL I also love the latter day Stones, which many on here do not. Can't agree with the assessment of Undercover though - I'll take Dirty Work over it, all day, any day!!!

Looking forward to 10/20!! Loved Angry. Not listening to SSOS or any other song until I have the CD in my hands, and I'm still looping Angry on YT, trying to get it to 20MM views!!! >grinning smiley<

Date: September 27, 2023 15:19

VoodooLounge13
Welcome!! Wow you and I will get along great! LOL My favorite album is my name sake, and though I do listen to stuff pre-Aftermath, it's mostly just singles, as one of my first purchases was The London Years, so I rarely go for the early albums. Man, it's so good to not be the only 'weird' one around here anymore! LOL I also love the latter day Stones, which many on here do not. Can't agree with the assessment of Undercover though - I'll take Dirty Work over it, all day, any day!!!

Looking forward to 10/20!! Loved Angry. Not listening to SSOS or any other song until I have the CD in my hands, and I'm still looping Angry on YT, trying to get it to 20MM views!!! >grinning smiley<

Thank you for the great welcome. Cheers!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 27, 2023 15:22

Welcome!!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 27, 2023 16:37

LoveInVain69
Hi everyone - I have followed this forum for decades but have only just joined thanks to an intervention from Bjornulf, who is the best!

In four lines, I am a bit weird in that I have never been able to listen to Satanic Majesties the whole way through (think there are good bits but also unlistenable bits); I also think Undercover is an unsung gem of an album and like "late period" Keith (How Can I Stop in particular).

Looking forward to the new album and discussions on here. Liked "Angry" but felt it needed doing differently to go from being really good to something more, but hey, opinions...

LoveInVain69

Excellent!

Another Stones fan that thinks UNDERCOVER is fantastic!

I love that album.

Go to 56:03 or so and you'll get the backing overdub session Keith and Ronnie did.

Which partially explains why Stones records take so long to get finished.

Date: September 27, 2023 17:33

GasLightStreet
LoveInVain69

LoveInVain69

Excellent!

Another Stones fan that thinks UNDERCOVER is fantastic!

I love that album.

Thanks Gaslight I will have a listen!

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: September 27, 2023 18:56

Taylor or Wood ? That is the only question that matters.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 27, 2023 20:30

welcome to the show!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 27, 2023 20:57

Welcome LoveInVain69

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: September 27, 2023 22:15

Hi & welcome.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 28, 2023 06:46

LIV69-Welcome! And better late than never. Voodoo13-Always enjoy your comments. I think you and I being the same age means we experienced the Stones in a similar way.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: September 28, 2023 09:09

Hi. I'm just the opposite... long time poster, first time lurker.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 28, 2023 10:24

Well, If you've been lurking for years...

...You won't need any of us to explain how we're all as mad as a fish around here.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: September 28, 2023 10:30

Welcome, it's good to be here, it's good to be anywhere!cool smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 28, 2023 11:07

Welcome

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: September 28, 2023 11:32

Welcome!

It's funny how time passes; I was looking at my profile recently, and saw the date I joined - over 20 years ago!! Almost every day I check this forum for news/updates/discussions. I've been checking it almost each day for over two decades!

We all have our own eccentricities; I love Satanic Majesties, but also have a fondness for the most maligned of albums, Dirty Work (most of it anyway). Undercover and Emotional Rescue are gems. I'm also a big fan of the latter era from Steel Wheels to A Bigger Bang.

Date: September 28, 2023 15:48

IrelandCalling4
Welcome!

It's funny how time passes; I was looking at my profile recently, and saw the date I joined - over 20 years ago!! Almost every day I check this forum for news/updates/discussions. I've been checking it almost each day for over two decades!

We all have our own eccentricities; I love Satanic Majesties, but also have a fondness for the most maligned of albums, Dirty Work (most of it anyway). Undercover and Emotional Rescue are gems. I'm also a big fan of the latter era from Steel Wheels to A Bigger Bang.

Yes, sounds like we have similar tastes, apart from TSMR. Not sure about Emotional Rescue - or at least, not all of it - but glad we agree on Undercover!

Cheers -

LoveInVain69

Date: September 28, 2023 15:50

Bungo

An excellent question and you got me thinking. Taylor is for me one of the three best British blues guitarists of all time. So there's that. Ronnie's work outside the Stones (except 78-83) is his best work (Faces, Rod Stewart solo) for me, but on the other hand he's a much better "Rolling Stone" than MT ever was so... complicated. In the end, though, Mick Taylor did the solos on Time Waits for No-One, Shine a Light and the rest so, yeah, I'll have to go with MT.

Date: September 28, 2023 15:52

A final brief note to say thanks to all who have posted for the warm welcome. Roll on 5PM UK time tonight, I'll be listening!

Cheers -

LoveInVain69

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 28, 2023 17:04

TumblinDice76
LIV69-Welcome! And better late than never. Voodoo13-Always enjoy your comments. I think you and I being the same age means we experienced the Stones in a similar way.

Hey Tumblin!!! Yeah 47 goin' on 30 again! smiling bouncing smiley Won't say 25 as I'd like to have a bit of my gained wisdom from my 30's!!! But it IS great to be here!!! Always enjoy others' perspectives on various topics.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: September 28, 2023 18:08

LoveInVain69
Bungo

An excellent question and you got me thinking. Taylor is for me one of the three best British blues guitarists of all time. So there's that. Ronnie's work outside the Stones (except 78-83) is his best work (Faces, Rod Stewart solo) for me, but on the other hand he's a much better "Rolling Stone" than MT ever was so... complicated. In the end, though, Mick Taylor did the solos on Time Waits for No-One, Shine a Light and the rest so, yeah, I'll have to go with MT.

That is the correct answer. You are now officially in (in my book). thumbs up

Date: September 28, 2023 18:39

haha, thanks so much!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2006
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home