Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 29
Re: "Sweet Sounds of Heaven"- with Lady Gaga and Stevie Wonder - due out Sep 28
Posted by: Whale ()
Date: September 27, 2023 20:11

MononoM
watch out Tik Tok, its not safe. Many governments and companies did ban Tik Tok because its sending your data to china.
it also has a thoroughly incomprensibile interface. so you never know what you're doing or watching
not my cup of tea

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: September 27, 2023 20:12

Big Al
MelBelli
Big Al
Koen
Already a new single? What happened to Angry?

It reached #34 on the UK Singles Chart, and won't be climbing any higher. It's time for another shot! It's a shame it's not a decade a go, when Lady Gaga was having big chart-hits of her own; actually, more than a decade ago: Paparazzi, Poker Face, etc. The Stones may have had a better chance of hitting the top-ten!

She had a massive hit just last year with “Hold My Hand”!

Which peaked at #49 on the Billboard. At least it charted, I guess.

No, I’m sure you see where I’m coming from. In terms of being a monster on the pop, singles-chart, we’re going back some time, now. It doesn’t matter, of course!

Fair enough.

Maybe I feel like it punched above its weight because of its inclusion on the “Top Gun: Maverick” soundtrack and the Oscars ceremony, etc.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 27, 2023 20:59

retired_dog
keefriffhards
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Doxa
"From so many years ago"? We do hear that bloody, predictable mantra any damn thread again and again.grinning smiley

- Doxa

But it's the truth. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

No, it's the gospel according to keefriffhards...

Well you could say that about any of us, it's all subjective but you should remember i only go on what the Stones themselves say about each other, Keith was banging on about Mick being a control freak for decades, that's not my truth.

Regardless people like you and Doxa try to rewrite history on this board, i read conversations where regular posters are saying things like Mick's a better guitarist , it's ludicrous.

Anyway hope you enjoy the new album, i have a strong feeling this might be a bit special even if it is Micks baby and Keith's just playing on it as you guys suggest.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 27, 2023 21:09

Why is every thread on this board a Mick vs Keith debate? They're a team, Jagger/Richards, the Glimmer Twins!

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: September 27, 2023 21:31

What SiriusXM channel is most likely to be playing this and Angry? I haven't heard that one anywhere yet.

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: September 27, 2023 21:51

Tom petty radio, undeground garage

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 27, 2023 21:54

keefriffhards
Doxa
"From so many years ago"? We do hear that bloody, predictable mantra any damn thread again and again.grinning smiley

- Doxa

I am afraid that truth is way too scary thing for you to deal with. It might shock your little world. The traditional dilemma of True Believers.

Not that I don't myself have problems with that. The story of the Stones includes - or is even based on to an extent - so many myths that sometimes it feels like it is better to leave them alone - to not destroy the illusion that seems to be essential for their charm. But still I do that sometimes - out of natural habit and for intellectual honesty I guess - sorry about that.

- Doxa

Posted by: perkmo ()
Date: September 27, 2023 22:16

dkwalika
What SiriusXM channel is most likely to be playing this and Angry? I haven't heard that one anywhere yet.
Deep Tracks

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 27, 2023 22:19

Doxa
keefriffhards
Doxa

- Doxa

I am afraid that truth is way too scary thing for you to deal with. It might shock your little world. The traditional dilemma of True Believers.

Not that I don't myself have problems with that. The story of the Stones includes - or is even based on to an extent - so many myths that sometimes it feels like it is better to leave them alone - to not destroy the illusion that seems to be essential for their charm. But still I do that sometimes - out of natural habit and for intellectual honesty I guess - sorry about that.

- Doxa

Nothing to be sorry about we all see things how we want to see them, you articulate the depth of what you see magnificently and you have your own genius truth be told, but like all geniuses they can be flawed in judgement sometimes but without the flaws they wouldn't be geniuses in the first place, Rock on Doxa. thumbs up

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: September 27, 2023 22:24

There is a new TikTok with a vid from the studio.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 27, 2023 22:26

I think I know who's going to post the link winking smiley

Date: September 27, 2023 22:28

"Sweet Sounds of Heaven"- with Lady Gaga and Stevie Wonder - due out Sep 28
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 27, 2023 22:36

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 27, 2023 22:41

DandelionPowderman
[www.tiktok.com]

Oh man, I was hoping something like this... Probably there will be more to come tomorrow in the form of a new video to accompany the release.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-27 22:42 by Doxa.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 27, 2023 22:44

Video of Lady Gaga and The Rolling Stones recording their new song “Sweet Sounds of Heaven,” out tomorrow!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 27, 2023 23:15

MononoM
Big Al
Koen

It reached #34 on the UK Singles Chart, and won't be climbing any higher. It's time for another shot! It's a shame it's not a decade a go, when Lady Gaga was having big chart-hits of her own; actually, more than a decade ago: Paparazzi, Poker Face, etc. The Stones may have had a better chance of hitting the top-ten!
think if they had put a song on the b-side which is not on the main album it would had chart higher...

In 2023, 90%+ of the singles market is streaming, it doesn't matter if you add 1 or 2 B-sides, singles sales (physical and digital) are almost non-existent compared to the impressive streaming numbers that today's hits have.

Angry is #1 in the UK Singles Sales chart this week, YES, #1:
[www.officialcharts.com]

Yet, the song droped 34-out in the Official Top 100:
[www.officialcharts.com]

Why?
Because sales are so minimal that the song at #100 in the main singles chart has more streaming and audience impressions than the best-selling song of the week. Too tough to have the best-selling song of the week and not be among the 100 most popular songs, the reality of 2023.

And that's the reason why the Stones are releasing 40 vinyl or physical versions of Hackney Diamonds, so they can sell as many physical copies as possible to compensate for low streaming numbers.

That's a problem that current R&B, Pop or Latin artists do not have today, many do not even release physical copies of their albums but they release a new one and have 500 million streams in a week.

Drake releases his album 2 weeks before the Stones and it's the biggest threat they can have to get that #1 in the United States, Drake's streaming numbers will be through the roof and even in his third week (the one of the HD release) his streaming numbers could still be so high that no matter how many copies HD sells, Drake would be #1 with streaming alone.

The reality of 2023.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 27, 2023 23:20

georgelicks
MononoM
Big Al
Koen

think if they had put a song on the b-side which is not on the main album it would had chart higher...

In 2023, 90%+ of the singles market is streaming, it doesn't matter if you add 1 or 2 B-sides, singles sales (physical and digital) are almost non-existent compared to the impressive streaming numbers that today's hits have.

[www.officialcharts.com]

[www.officialcharts.com]

Why?
Because sales are so minimal that the song at #100 in the main singles chart has more streaming and audience impressions than the best-selling song of the week. Too tough to have the best-selling song of the week and not be among the 100 most popular songs, the reality of 2023.

And that's the reason why the Stones are releasing 40 vinyl or physical versions of Hackney Diamonds, so they can sell as many physical copies as possible to compensate for low streaming numbers.

That's a problem that current R&B, Pop or Latin artists do not have today, many do not even release physical copies of their albums but they release a new one and have 500 million streams in a week.

Drake releases his album 2 weeks before the Stones and it's the biggest threat they can have to get that #1 in the United States, Drake's streaming numbers will be through the roof and even in his third week (the one of the HD release) his streaming numbers could still be so high that no matter how many copies HD sells, Drake would be #1 with streaming alone.

The reality of 2023.

In 2021 physical sales alone got Ghost Town to #1 in Germany so there's still a market for physical releases. I am sure it would hit higher with physical exclusive B-sides. But honestly charts don't bother me. I am glad we're getting new music tomorrow!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 27, 2023 23:26

georgelicks
MononoM
Big Al
Koen

[www.officialcharts.com]

[www.officialcharts.com]

Why?

The reality of 2023.

Thanks for that Georgelicks. And we really shouldn't care because the reality is that the Stones are the BIGGEST act in what is now a very niche market. The Stones just don't have the streaming public in the numbers that acts of the current era have...there's no way around that fact and it doesn't matter.

We get a new stones album next month, and a new single tomorrow!

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: September 28, 2023 00:30

Really looking forward to this release!

One More Day!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 28, 2023 00:36

maumau
Video of Lady Gaga and The Rolling Stones recording their new song “Sweet Sounds of Heaven,” out tomorrow!

Thank you!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 28, 2023 01:07

bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

Great to see all these pictures, everyone seemed to be having a great time ! Can't see Matt in there though, odd.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: September 28, 2023 01:35

That’s a great video there,thanks for posting.
You got the greatest rock n’roll band in the world,alongside one of the greatest female performers plus the genius of Stevie Wonder.What an amazing moment in Stones history.Got a feeling some day soon we will get to see this live with these guys.Roll on 5pm tomorrow.

Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: September 28, 2023 03:07

I don’t know how the chart shit works. But who buys a single? I will buy the album and I expect this for a high entry!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 28, 2023 03:23

But who buys a single?

.... Me .......... but doubt i'm alone ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: September 28, 2023 04:02

I've heard the track, the entire album actually. You'll love this track!

Posted by: voodoodrew ()
Date: September 28, 2023 04:31

What about the album?

roller99

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: September 28, 2023 04:33

smoking smiley

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: September 28, 2023 04:39

voodoodrew
What about the album?

roller99

I think it's great, best album of original material since Some Girls.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 28, 2023 05:10

roller99
voodoodrew
What about the album?

roller99

I think it's great, best album of original material since Some Girls.

It's great to read that! Thanks for reporting.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: September 28, 2023 05:55

Doxa
Jagger's "England Lost" was technically a B side of "Gotta Get A Grip"? Or was it?

- Doxa

both sides were side a smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2711
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home